搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Totally disappointed with Kingston
樓主: parentsinhk
go

Totally disappointed with Kingston [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-3-29 23:56 |只看該作者
BTW, I have heard of such "stories" from my students from:

Kentville, St Catherine's, Victoria, CDNIS, Yew Chung, ISF, IMS, La Salle, St Paul's....

It's not Kingston only. With each situation, it depended on how the concerned parents acted, the teacher, the accused student and his parents reaction.....

but in all cases, the schools did not entertain changing classes.

St Catherine's told my friend this:
My friend requested change of class because the classroom her son was in had NO windows or any fresh air, resulting him coughing all the time since entering the school. The principal and teacher told her, "if you want to change class, and it's for medical reason that you claim. Please ask your doctor to write a formal letter verifying this, we will consider changing your son's class subject to available space in any other class."

22#
發表於 09-3-30 12:36 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 09-3-30 12:48 |只看該作者

24#
發表於 09-3-30 12:49 |只看該作者

25#
發表於 09-3-30 14:23 |只看該作者
Here you come again wisekid2007/edexp/christof

As I have said I always enjoy your rebuttal. It truly reflects your personality. Really amazing!

There is no point to discuss with you especially on parenting.

I told you I am stupid lah, why you bother to reply lei

Have a nice day

26#
發表於 09-3-30 14:46 |只看該作者
Dear Wingba,
I'm stupid, too...
My kid is wise...
I'm an EDucational EXPertise...
Have Fun!

27#
發表於 09-3-30 19:59 |只看該作者
may I ask... which school has your son switched to?  I am thinking of going to Kingston cos' my daughter's current school is not good, but I don't know which school to look at now!

原帖由 parentsinhk 於 09-3-21 23:42 發表
I had searched here before I let my boy joined Kingston but I couldn't find much information at that time and therefore I had made a very bad decision.  After joining there for almost half a year, we  ...

28#
發表於 09-3-30 20:15 |只看該作者
I agree w/ Pianokc's reply.  I am still searching on which school my daughter should go to... and I have to say... many kinder out there are VERY commercial, be it Victoria, Tutor Time, etc...

It's really hard to choose the right school!

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-3-29 23:44 發表
I read this with curiosity from the post title. After reading the post and replies, this is my personal opinion.

Kingston is one of the long time established international school in Kowloon Tong with ...

29#
發表於 09-3-30 23:10 |只看該作者
Regarding Wisekid2007, I have also followed many of his posts, I don't think he's really ever "wrong". He's very direct and to the point.

Regarding marathon's question:
I am presently really really thinking about KCIS.... so far, I have researched lots, it seems to be the most suitable one for my daughter, but I really wish their school campus was NEWER and more attractive!

It's hard, because the IS you want, may not accept your child when you want them to. Then the ones you picked as backup, accepts your child... then what?

I personally want to choose the IS (if I do go IS path).... that have "traditional" discipline, and more "local" influence. I really hoped for CKY.. but didn't get accepted, and now KCIS is the closest thing.

30#
發表於 09-3-31 00:55 |只看該作者
Pianokc and others,

As I said before, my original purpose is to provide my personal view on Kingston to those parents who needed this info =)  My focus is not to discuss parenting because I respect each parent and we should not critize others on this.  

So, let me continue to serve those who need this info.  BTW, some of you sent me PM and that may also be a good channel for me to answer you question.

Back to here...Pianokc, honestly, when I first read your message, I can't stop thinking you are the Ms. Kwok at Kingston cause I got exactly the same reply from Kingston just like the way you reply:
Kingston has a policy that you cannot withdraw with no notice, or you forfeit your deposit, and changing classes is typically not entertained because, it creates chaos, and it's not the solution to the problem ultimately

But no matter Pianokc is from Kingston or not, forum does provide a fair channel for different parties to voice out the point of view...just that you are helping me to confirm that Kingston has no heart.

Let me add a bit detail, what my kid experienced was not a "normal" naught kid...the kid is naughty to a point that the summer teacher particular warned the class teacher about this student...also, by chance, this kid particular like my boy and he treats my boy as best friend (my boy as well) so he had very strong influence on my boy...School and those teachers knew all these..and it was not happending all a sudden...we did reflect our concern to teacher and they knew well the situtation..only that they had not suggested any solution but only accept us to go and keep our one month school fee deposit.

The reason why I say "no heart" is exactly like Pianokc's comment "Kingston has a policy", "you forfeit your deposit", "it creates chaos" ... with these answers while at the same time, the school had never offer us any alternate solutions...i don't need to explain more =)  I understand every school has policy ... I respect their policy if they provide reasonable solution.  Also, i personally know a number of parents had withdrawed from the school and I am sure there is space ...so, if the reject reason is to "prevent chaos", you understand what I mean.  

Anyway, as I quoted before, similar comments were posted years ago, you can also refer to here
http://forum.baby-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=785004&extra=&page=2  .  

Looking from a result point of view, after my boy switch school for about 1-2 months, he never had that emotion again...he was very upset before, he kept asking us again and again why we teachs him not to hit others while other kid is allowed to hit others in the class..we teach very hard for quite a period but the environment damage what we teach him........

Anway, we pay higher school fee to go to Kingston only because we hope the environment is better...if it is not the case, why Kingston?  why not go other similar school or cheaper school?  Our kid can still learn how to "hit" others in other school =) but not paying $7000 to learn that "skills".

In the new school, because his attention is no longer so distracted by that naughty kid, he really learns faster...he could sing only 1 new song since he joined Kingston for 5 months..but in new school, he can sing more than 5 new songs just in 2 months...he is much happier now and that is the result.

The new school doesn't need to be good ... may only need to be better than the previous one.

[ 本帖最後由 parentsinhk 於 09-3-31 01:14 編輯 ]

31#
發表於 09-3-31 00:58 |只看該作者
Marathon, I don't want to advertise for another school....cause it may not be a good school..just that it is better than Kingston from my experience...at least, they did proactively call me continously for a few days after they learn that my kid got sick..but I almost had never received phone call from Kingston proactively even my boy didn't go school...So, please pm me, let me share with you more!

32#
發表於 09-3-31 10:55 |只看該作者
You are so greedy. Either you take it or leave it. Don't criticize their campus is old. If you love the school you should embrace its deficiencies and try to help it to re-build. Perhaps you can contribute your savings.

Failing CKY is because you did not do a good job to train up your daughter to get accepted. You should befriend with PLK's directors or the principal.

So stupid!

What do you feel? I am just being direct.

Have a nice day

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-3-30 23:10 發表
Regarding Wisekid2007, I have also followed many of his posts, I don't think he's really ever "wrong". He's very direct and to the point.

Regarding marathon's question:
I am presently really really t ...

33#
發表於 09-3-31 12:08 |只看該作者
Wingba,
You have a lovely sense of humour.  Good on you!

pianohk,
I know quite a number of kids got accepted by CKY in the second round last year.  People who target for traditional local schools withdrew from CKY after the lucky draw in June.  However, those kids were not informed until the beginning of July.  Keep wriiting to CKY to show your eagerness in letting your child study there.  Good luck!

34#
發表於 09-3-31 14:48 |只看該作者
wingba, being "direct" and being "rude" is two different things.

Anyways, I don't know Wisekid, please do not take aim your anger or "revenge" behavious at me because I said something in defense for Wisekid.

I am not part of Kingston in anyway, I simply put in my input because this is the reality of the education choices we have in HK for our kids.

I am not greedy, I voiced out what is my concern, it is entirely my choice what to do.

I prepared my daughter for CKY as best as I could, I don't need a Nobody on the forum insulting my daughter's ability. That's horrible.

To parentsinhk, I am not from Kingston, my daughter was accepted into Kingston, but I declined. And I have studetns who are in Kingston right now, just telling you that Kingston's way of handling situation is nothing personal, it's just business. They do have a school/business to run, and so if you cannot accept it, yes you did the right thing and moved elsewhere.

Glad to hear your child and you are happier now.

That's what we parents have to do constantly, look out for what is BEST for your child...... make decisions, and take action.

35#
發表於 09-3-31 16:30 |只看該作者
jjd,

Thank you. I am just being direct.

pianokc,

Your feedback is just as expected. I did not do any revenge or burst out my anger to you. I just want you to feel how would other parents were feeling when somebody was being "direct".

As I don't have any connection with Kingston and I also mentioned I might have talked too much as it's none of my business but I could not stand someone using offensive words teasing at others and pretended to be rational. I would ask you whether the word "stupid", "coward", "ridiculous" are rational?

I have replied to my dear friend wisekid2007/edexp/christof in other thread. I said he/she had a point but the way he "presented" his idea or "discussed" with others were not a good way to do.

I am just a stupid nose parker.

Have a nice day

36#
發表於 09-3-31 22:43 |只看該作者
Well Wingba, from THIS post only... one can't see how wisekid2007 was in anyway "rude" or insulting to the OP.

But it seems to be YOU, are the one who started calling names here and attacking Wisekid2007.

Sorry, I don't follow every post in BK, but this is the case in here.

We're all parents, and full grown adults, seems very childish to be calling each other names and "revenging" each other like bullies at school when I was in primary school.

I am not interested in playing such games.

Parentsinhk, btw, I like to say, although you are entitled to your own views, other forums (I don't know why this one doesn't) bans members from BADMOUTHING any business or schools or learning centers without ANY legitimate proof. You can discuss, but you cannot generalize your own experience to the ENTIRE school's reputation.

My point is, you cannot say Kingston has no heart because they didn't bend the rules of the school to YOUR wishes and views. I am sure you can understand every business, school, learning centers, restaurants, shops, boutiques.... airlines, agencies... have their own "policies" and "rules".

Even in your own HOME, you have your own "rules" that you surely expect your family, guests, relatives, or helpers to FOLLOW.

SO why should you expect or feel it was unfair or unreasonable for Kingston to have such reaction? Or this Ms Kwok to say such thing to you ?

You must have read the policies and conditions before enrolling the school? Just like the IS that I have applied, the school indicates very clearly, that the "deposit" is not refundable until the child leaves the school, and that is also subject to the child having completed at least 1 year in the IS.

That is very clearly said, and you now expect to be treated with "exception" because you feel your son has "changed".

You are happy with the present school, that's great, but what happens in the years to come when you are "unhappy" with the school's arrangements, and then you expect the school to "bend" the policies again, and you will once again say "the school has NO HEART?"

It has nothing to do with no heart, you simply refused to accept the set policies.

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-3-27 18:08 發表
What I saw here was a trivial matter but just encountering a parent who doesn't know parenting but provides over-protection for his/her little boy.

No matter how good a school is, there are always so ...

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-3-31 22:51 編輯 ]

37#
發表於 09-3-31 23:04 |只看該作者
Marathon, my kids are currently studying at Kingston.  I personally think Kingston is the best IS in Kowloon Tong.  

I highly recommend Kingston to all of my friends who are looking for a good IS in Kowloon Tong.

Parentsinhk, it's really too bad that you did not see the good side of Kingston and you did not see the "heart" from Kingston.  From my "heart", it is a really good school.  

Pianokc, I agree with your points.  I feel sorry that you got attacked from others.  

原帖由 marathon 於 09-3-30 19:59 發表
may I ask... which school has your son switched to?  I am thinking of going to Kingston cos' my daughter's current school is not good, but I don't know which school to look at now!

38#
發表於 09-3-31 23:10 |只看該作者
Smile2R, I too think Kingston is a pretty good school. The students I have from this school are all girls, and it's evident they are all very "proper" and "ladylike" with lots of poise, manners, confidence, and well developed own "identity".

The reason I declined for my daughter was because my husband and I felt the school campus was on the "small" side. I preferred a bigger campus, with more facilities for my daughters' future 6 years in a school.

I have had a friend who had the EXACT problem as parentsinhk, but in CDNIS, she dealt with the problem directly with the problem child, the parents, the principal, and the classroom teacher.
It took 2 months, but it did resolve.

I just hope parentsinhk understand our point, it's the wrong "conclusion" to say about Kingston, it could happen the exact same way no matter WHAT school you may be in.

原帖由 Smile2R 於 09-3-31 23:04 發表
Marathon, my kids are currently studying at Kingston.  I personally think Kingston is the best IS in Kowloon Tong.  

I highly recommend Kingston to all of my friends who are looking for a good IS in  ...

39#
發表於 09-3-31 23:14 |只看該作者
Thanks for the info.  Currently, I have BIG HESITATION on Tutor Time, so I need to find a good backup!

原帖由 Smile2R 於 09-3-31 23:04 發表

I highly recommend Kingston to all of my friends who are looking for a good IS in  ...

40#
發表於 09-3-31 23:22 |只看該作者
Pianokc,  totally agree with you with this point.  

"it's the wrong "conclusion" to say about Kingston, it could happen the exact same way no matter WHAT school you may be in."

You are right, Kingston is a really good school except the campus is really "small" by comparing with other IS.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題