教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC 同ISF,兩間都收,入邊間好啲?
樓主: sabun
go

RC 同ISF,兩間都收,入邊間好啲? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-3-21 11:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 happy-kid 於 09-3-21 10:54 發表
popolung,

Can you tell us what are the major reasons why you "send" your daughter to CWBS?  (Besides the location).  What is your comment between SJS and CWBS?  Thank you.

Between RC & CWBS, I will choose CWBS because

1. CWBS is much closer to TKO (only 5 mins ride), travelling 2+ hour daily is my major concern
2. CWBS has a longer history, so the school will be more "stable
3. Honestly speaking, CWBS has a higher mix of foreigner vs Chinese, but this can be pros and cons always
4. I do have relatives studying in SC & RC, and those kids keep telling me to go to traditional ESF. RC still have teething issue (but should be able to overcome in a few years). But I think for primary kid should not be a big deal. And RC do have very good facilities and complete IB programs since day 1.

For SJS & CWBS, it is actually hard to choose. But normally you won't have a chance to choose between the two as it is centrally allocated the interview thus the seat in either CWBS / SJS by ESF Center. SJS to me is also very reputable, but if I live in TKO it is quite far away, and travelling is even harder than to RC as RC have school bus picking up children directly from TKO to MOS, but I think only because of the overwhelming issue of CWBS so children has to go to SJS or KJS or BHS, so these school may not offer direct school bus service for only a few kids.

But if your kid has to go to SJS now, stay with it, it is a very good school. And it keeps you a chance to go to other traditional ESF later (including CWBS). Hope I have answered your question, do I misunderstand your question?

22#
發表於 09-3-21 11:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 JUL08BB 於 09-3-20 00:25 發表
Popolung, 我覺得我要同你敬禮,無論ESF or otherthan ESF school, 你都會用心幫忙,真係要同你講聲''多謝多謝''

Also I think I got a lot of useful information and advices from this forum (especially when I am so worried last month about the ESF case), so will like to thank to other parents who have contributed their valuable info here. And I always think "If I help you today, may be I got help from someone tomorrow, and vice versa". Salute to all the BK parents here, and good luck!

23#
發表於 09-3-21 23:10 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Popolung,

Yes, you have answer my question right.  Thank you so much.

24#
發表於 09-3-22 12:06 |只看該作者
RC 係國際學校,全英語,非華人學生人數不少;即使是華人臉孔,當中也有一半以上中文只是第二語言程度。學生完全唔識中文都會收。

ISF 強調佢地係本地中文學校,唔係國際學校,英文堂比部份本地學校更少。學生主要係華人,學校亦要求學生父母起碼其中一個會中文。學生完全唔識英文都收,因此吸引不少來自國內的家庭。

兩間學校根本唔同,亦很極端,如果去過面試,應該唔難體驗唔同之處。

其實家長應該心裡有數自己要乜。

RC vs ISF 會咁難選擇咩?

25#
發表於 09-3-22 12:07 |只看該作者
原帖由 cecilau 於 09-3-20 12:20 發表
其實我好想知道sabun 樓主你小朋友幾大, 年年都出post 問isf 同rc, or isf 同其他is 比較呀.
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1621332&extra=page%3D20

心水清。

早知我唔答佢啦。

26#
發表於 09-3-22 13:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 nintendo 於 09-3-22 12:07 發表

心水清。

早知我唔答佢啦。

doesn't matter, somehow we have shared and answered questions from some other parents too!  

27#
發表於 09-3-23 03:01 |只看該作者
I think many people are confused with the name ÏSF,  the full name of the school is

Independent School Foundation Academy

"I" refers to INDEPENDENT, not international.

But ISFA attracts quite a lot of non-chinese students.  

In my girl's class of 15 students, 6 of her classmates has non-chinese surname.  And few other classmates (with chinese surnames) who can speak both cantonese & mandarin have mommy who speaks native english.  Many of our fellow parents had overseas exposures, and we just want to see our children learn proper chinese at school.   My feeling for this school is, a well balanced position between international school and local school.

28#
發表於 09-3-23 10:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 ettawong 於 09-3-23 03:01 發表
I think many people are confused with the name ÏSF,  the full name of the school is

Independent School Foundation Academy

"I" refers to INDEPENDENT, not international.

But ISFA attracts quite a lo ...

Is there one IS name started with International? For ISF we are all referring to the one in Cyberport (弘立書院), right?

29#
發表於 09-3-23 13:06 |只看該作者
Yeah, Yeah, I was talking about 弘立書院.  
I know the parents who are not satisfied with the school, mainly because :

1) they expect the school would stuff the students with loads of facts like local schools  ---- >  obviously a mismatch,

2) they expect students would speak English like a native, but they don't speak english at home.  
----> this is not a problem in my girl's class.  The chinese teacher has to set up a reward system to make them speak mandarin instead of english in class.

Maybe my child was lucky to have very good homeroom teachers.  I have nothing to complain about ISFA, except it is too new.

[ 本帖最後由 ettawong 於 09-3-23 13:08 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題