密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 GSIS - relocating??
樓主: KaWaimama
go

GSIS - relocating?? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-3-19 23:23 |只看該作者
It's hard to say.  From the school's perspective, I don't see why not.  Going back to the government to ask for another site because the parents feel that MOS is too far is just not justifiable.  There are many children from the island travel to many schools in NT everyday.

Yes, it's difficult for the parents who might not have choosen GSIS otherwise.   But that's the reality and I believe it's up to the parents to stay or not.  By looking at the information on the web, I think the school is quite decent.

Reading the Geokids forum makes me feel that those parents are just too spoiled.  Instead of trying to understand the siutation and work together to find a solution, they choose to escalate the matter.  It seems as if they don't know what the real world is like out there.  That there are children who actually travel a long time to school.  And these are not local school kids.  My friend's son travels an hour from mid-levels to HKIS everyday.  It's a choice at the end of the day.

If they cannot accept the move, they can move on to other schools.  

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-3-19 18:07 發表
I guess the Board will abort the plan to decant to MOS. Then GSIS may conduct continuous renovation as much as possible. Major renovation will only be proceeded until there is a better decanting site  ...

22#
發表於 09-3-20 10:58 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 09-3-20 11:53 |只看該作者
My personal feeling is if they feel German Swiss is the best and most suitable and only (for the Germans stream) school for their children, had they ever considered moving?  There are beautiful residences in Taipo, Sai Kung, Sha Tin. Yes, they are not typical expat community and it's not the prestigeous Peak or Mid-Levels but I am sure they are luxurious enough for their class.

I just thought they only want everything for them to be unchanged while everything else need to adjust to accomodate them.  

The Ma On Shan school site is very nice.  It gives the primary school a school of its own with complete facilities.  I don't see why this is not a good move, except for the fact that it's far from where it is now.

People need to learn to adjust.

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-3-20 10:58 發表
The School has in fact asked the EB many many times for the possibilities of other decanting sites. The EB has offered a few of them but those are even far away.

I myself think that the School is dec ...

24#
發表於 09-3-20 12:48 |只看該作者

25#
發表於 09-3-20 15:41 |只看該作者

26#
發表於 09-3-20 15:52 |只看該作者

27#
發表於 09-3-20 18:08 |只看該作者
For example, your arguments in supporting the language policy of your kid's school are ridiculous without any ground. Your kid may not be affected but please consider the needs of other students.

No. You said it wrong.

The language situation at RC is that we have no language policy that prohibit use of languages other than English outside classrooms. And other languages might mean Finish or Korean too. At RC, we have students from different cultures. And chatting in English outside classroom would not help much in developing your English skills. To have good English, we are looking for much more than casual spoken English.

One thing upset me most is the discrimination I see and sense towards local Cantonese speaking students by, surprising, other local Cantonese speaking parents.

May be it is because of our differences in background that make our values and views different. I really treasure the opportunities my kids have being in the same classes with people from different cultures, including Cantonese speaking kids. In fact, some of those that speak fluent Cantonese are in fact top students in their English classes; while some of the Chinese kids that do not speak any Cantonese at all can in fact be struggling with their English.

I do respect your views. Just that I should also be respected as much when I expressed mine. But unfortunately, "respect" seems to be the last thing I can expect from you. And words like "ridiculous", "stupid" are everywhere in your posts.

Anyway, I think I really do not want to discuss with you further.

28#
發表於 09-3-20 18:52 |只看該作者

29#
發表於 09-3-21 02:12 |只看該作者

30#
發表於 09-3-21 10:07 |只看該作者
thankful,

So your view is the school will move, regardless?

31#
發表於 09-3-21 11:45 |只看該作者

32#
發表於 09-3-21 19:02 |只看該作者

33#
發表於 09-3-21 19:22 |只看該作者

34#
發表於 09-3-21 20:03 |只看該作者

35#
發表於 09-3-30 21:35 |只看該作者
When do you find out the decision?

36#
發表於 09-4-2 11:03 |只看該作者

37#
發表於 09-4-2 11:52 |只看該作者

38#
發表於 09-4-2 20:09 |只看該作者

39#
發表於 09-4-2 23:21 |只看該作者
wisekid2007,

Does it mean the lower primary will be in Pok Fu Lam together with Kindergarten and Business College?

What year is your kid now?  Would you consider staying if you are affected by the move?

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-4-2 11:52 發表
Hi Thankful,

You are really 神通廣大. I have just received the formal e-mail from GSIS for about 30 mins.

There will be certainly some drastic actions by those oppositioners and there will be also q ...

40#
發表於 09-4-2 23:22 |只看該作者
thankful,

Is your kid at GSIS?  if yes, would you consider staying or you will find another school?

原帖由 thankful 於 09-4-2 20:09 發表
The reason why I was 神通廣大 is that I am the Chairman of the Board!  No, I am just joking!  Who wants to be in his position?  Why I learned of the news earlier than you is just that I am nosy.  Rega ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題