搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖羅撒幼稚園 聖羅撒幼稚園家長Chat Room
樓主: DoReMiKa
go

聖羅撒幼稚園家長Chat Room [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-9-22 13:41 |只看該作者

Re: 聖羅撒幼稚園家長Chat Room

This kinder teaching mainly in Chinese and only English lesson teach English.

You don't expect too many homework and too educational.  No mandarin, no phonics.  And the girls study here is very happy, learn discipline, love parents, respect; to let the children have happy life.  It's the goal.

Hope it can help you.

22#
發表於 04-9-24 09:19 |只看該作者

My girl is my 2nd child.
Only got 10 points.
Do you think that it's no chance to get space in St. Rose ?
你們要將一切的憂慮卸給神,
因為祂顧念你們
彼前 5:7

23#
發表於 04-9-24 23:21 |只看該作者

各位:

校方好快已經有跟進, 希望有改善.

24#
發表於 04-9-25 02:47 |只看該作者

Hi, All,

By the time you read this message, the school already end the contract with the original school bus company.  However, to me, there is no change as the same school bus, drive and EE.

My girl is in K3 this year, so I would like to share my experience.  I found that a lot of time the delay is due to parents.  The school buses need to drop the girls in primary section first then go to collect those in kindergarten.  So, I think the delay is not due to they START to pick up the girls late.  

In the morning, the school bus only need to collect the girls, however, some girls may not get up so early so that they are rush.  If this happen in one stop before yours, the delay will be 5 - 10 minutes. (the example is for one stop.  If more that one stop have this problem, the delay will be more serious.)   In the afternoon, there will be 2 reasons, 1 - late come to get on board, 2 - late to collect the girls from morning section.  Again, one delay can cause at least 2 - 5 minutes.  If the bus route have 10 stops, the delay will be more serious.  Just this week, when I reached the pick up point, the other parent told me that she saw the school bus already turn into the estate before I came, but I waited 5 minutes and still can see the school bus (it normally take 3 - 5 mintues, so by the time I reach the pick up point, the bus should be almost there).  I called the driver and he told me that the delay is due to waiting for a parent to pick up 1 girl and he is just about to come in 1 minutes.

Therefore, if this happen on almost everyday, how do you expect the driver or EE to call you one by one to inform you when they can reach the pick up point.  

But also agreed that if there is big issue which caused serious delay, they should informed us.  Like the other day, the school bus was late for 15 minutes so I called the driver and then he informed me that due to a traffic accident in Price Edward Road, he need me to wait for another 15 minutes.  If I don't call him, he won't inform me!

For the school bag, last year, I saw the EE help my girls to hang up the school bag on the seat back in front of my girl's seat.  I have not notice this for this year.  I will check on this.  However, you are kind of employer to the drivers & EEs, so if you insist that the school bags need to hang up.  I think they will follow.  Moreover, you can teach your girl to do so.  They are small but they also need to learn how to take care of themselves.

B. Rgds

25#
發表於 04-9-25 02:54 |只看該作者

Jazzmama,

For Kindergarten section, they don't count points like this.  Those have sisters studying in the school will be 1st priority (almost for sure will have a seat) and then if you are Catholic, you will have priority also.  Then it will be based on the performance during interview.  Therefore, those who are almost 3 years old will have advantage than those only 2 years old.  (The interview will be around Jan.)

Since, the application fee is only $30, so there is no harm to try if you like the school.

B. Rgds,

26#
發表於 04-9-25 03:04 |只看該作者

DoReMiKa,

My girl in K3 have Phonics this year.  And she will join the interest group on Sat for Mandarin and English story which we will need to pay the fee and bring them to school (cos there is no school bus arrangement.)

I think the school teached them a lot of daily things which are surrounding the kids so that the kids will find it easier to understand and remember.

B. Rgds,

27#
發表於 04-9-25 15:43 |只看該作者

Dear AmyWonglo,

Nice to chat with you here.  It's glad to learn from you that the school offer Mandarin & English acitivities for the children on Sat.  As I heard from somebody that there's no other activities except normal classes.

When will it be start? For K2 or K3 students only?  Is there any other courses/activities?

I agreen with you, the school bus service can be better if they willing to improve.  However I believe every parent received notice from school that next month they will change the school bus company but using same driver and EE.  Hope it do better.

BTW, which primary school you chose and when you will know the result.

28#
發表於 04-9-25 19:56 |只看該作者

Hi all,

I would like to know that means will change the school bus but using same driver & EE next month.  Cos I mainly concern is the lack of the facilities of the bus, that is no seat belt, no handrail....
I hope the new school bus company can provide these kind of basic facilities.

29#
發表於 04-9-26 01:58 |只看該作者

Hi, DoReMiKa,

The activities are for K3 and it started today.  The school will arrange different activities for the girls.  Last year, they offered drawing class for K2.  However, since the tutors are not from the school teachers but from outside parties, please noted that the charges is not that cheap and you need to arrange the pickup due to no school bus service on Sat.  For these 2 activities, which last for 10 & 12 sections (I don't remember which one take 10), I paid a total of $17xx (don't remember the exact figures, but around $350 for the Mandarin).

Regarding the school bus, I think that with this change, the driver and EE will learn to proivde better service; otherwise, if the school search for other company, they will loss this job.  I also check with my elder daughter and she told me that EE will help my younger daughter, who is in K1, to hang the school back in front of her.  And my elder daughter will hang the school bag by herself since she is a big girl now.  So, I think you should tell your girl to do so and for sure the EE should not object this.

For primary school,  Ah... 2 months ago, I make a decision to choose St. Rose.  However, when I checked the EMB website and read the 視學報告
for Maryknoll, I understand why it is a dream school.  The report stated so good for this school.  Then I found that St. Mary is going to be 一條龍 for girls entry as P.1 students in 2005, I couldn't make up my mind!!  I kept asking myself within that week of Sept if I should gamble in the 1st round as my girl has 20 marks (catholic, 1st born + right age) if she success in getting a seat in Maryknoll, my younger girl will have a seat as well.  If I don't try this time, I lost the chance for both of them.  Finally, I choose Maryknoll and hope that my girl will have the lucky.  (I think some parents may change their mind to choose St. Mary due to one-dragon and Maryknoll have more seats so chances will be higher.)  From this website, parents estimated that there are about 400 applications for St. Mary and I guess there is around 500 for Maryknoll.  (The school only spent 3 hours per day to collect the forms with 5 teachers, so I estimated they will receive approx. 100 applications per day.)  My sister already told me to find a private school as back up and she suggested me to apply Our Lady's as it should be more easy to entry this school.  I will wait until 11/15 to do this.  I lived in net 48, so if I failed in the 1st round, the chance for 2nd round is very, very low.  Therefore, I start planning what should I do if I failed in the 1st round.  Does any body know that if there is a 3rd round for Maryknoll and St. Mary?  I am not sure St. Rose will take my girl as I gave up in the 1st round.  But still I may try if I failed Maryknoll.  However, how many school can I try at the same time for 3rd round?  This make me worry everytime when I think of it.  I don't know if I make the right choice!!!!  Therefore, I need to worry for another 1.5 month.

B. Rgds,

30#
發表於 04-9-26 02:10 |只看該作者

Hi, FunFun,

You are right, everything remain unchanged.  I think the school ended the contract as a very serious warning signal to the new school bus company.  However, regarding the improve of facilities, I don't think they will do it unless there are big noises from the parents and the school.  Therefore, it is no harm to give this request to the school and the PTA.

It is also important to store the mobile# of the driver and the EE in your mobile phone.  I used to call the driver if he is about 10 minutes late and check when he can arrive to pick up my girls.  You also need to call him if your girl is not feeling well and is not going to school so that he doesn't need to wait for you.  

By the way, please note the the EE can collect the notice bag for you and hand it to the school in case your girl is not going to school that day.  Then you can collect it back from the EE as teacher will pass it (with the homework or notice) back  to her.  You may need to do this when your girls are in K2 as they will have homework everyday.

B. Rgds,

B. Rgds,

31#
發表於 04-9-26 16:24 |只看該作者

Hello,

I know from BK other topics that the chance for 3rd round to Maryknoll is zero unless you have a good connection with the headmistress in Maryknoll.

32#
發表於 04-9-26 18:11 |只看該作者

Yes, I read that message as well.  How about St. Mary?  Any information about this?

33#
發表於 04-9-27 10:06 |只看該作者

Hi AmyWonglo,

Thx for your time to type a long passage, it's really helpful. That's very kind of you.

Do you mean that the K2 extra activities that you had to pay but K3 is free of charge?

My thinking is exactly like you, I perfre Maryknoll is my first choice.  So I can fully understand you worry and concern. How many seat for the P.1, is it 5 girls to 1 seats or even more?  For the 1st round you chose Maryknoll, what will you choose for the 2nd round and which private scholl you want to get a back up?  Is there any case you knew that like your decision but can get a seat in St. Rose for the 3rd round (knocking) and lost in the 1st round?

Which class your gril is studying in K1?

I have a freind that live in net 48 and she has 2 girls (got 20 marks) and study kinder in the same net.  Then she chose Maryknoll in the 1st round.  Luckly she was offer a seat in Maryknoll so the 2nd girl also goes to it.  Now the 1st girl is studying in P2 and the 2nd daughter is studying in K1.  This is a very encouraging case.  I asked her is Maryknoll very difficult and many home work to do.  She said 'no', the teachers are very good to the girls always give them stickers if they are doing good and they are very happy go to school.  From what she said let me like this school even more. Hope we both can get a seat in Maryknoll in future.     

Thank you for sharing.

34#
發表於 04-9-27 12:35 |只看該作者

Hi, DoReMiKa,

Thanks for not minding me to type such a long message.  All extra activities need to pay for the course no matter it is for K1, K2 or K3.  However, I remember that no extra activities was offered when my girl is in K1 and for K2 only a drawing class was offered.  This year in K3, the Mandarin and English classes.

Regarding the 3rd round for St. Rose, I have not heard about anyone who choose any school in the 1st round but get back to St. Rose.  The school actually do not encourage you to do so.  That's why they need the yellow copy of the application form to show them that you choose St. Rose in 1st Round.  However, as I said, it will be no harm to try if necessary.  (I really hope that it is unnecessary for me to beg in the 3rd Round!!)  If I failed in the 1st Round, then in the 2nd Round, I will choose Maryknoll, St. Mary and St. Rose for section A.  Section B in net 48 which I have not think of yet.  Right now, I just want to wait until 11/15 to see the result.  Therefore, I am not hurry to find a primary school for back up.  I search and find that these primary schools will fee below $2000 and are not bad :
Our Lady's College, primary section.  - they have no cut off day for application, so I can do it later.  They are going to be full day in 2006.

德雅小學 - dead line for application is 11/18, so I can do the application if I failed in the 1st round.

聖方濟各英文小學 - application date : Oct. 9 (one day only.), so I may hand the application.  Still considering.

Also consider : 聖三一堂小學

Regarding Maryknoll, once again, I read the EMB report and think it is really a good school, so I gave up St. Rose to choose it instead.  I also met 2 girls from this school on the bus and are very impressed.  The 2 of them are reading a english book.  They don't need any help at all and read only by themselves.  I think they are around 9 - 10 years old.  I also show my girl the outlook of Maryknoll and she likes it very much.  So, may god bless us!

Must go now to send them to school.  Bye!

B. Rgds,
Amy

P.S. : 妹妹 - K1仁班.

35#
發表於 04-9-27 14:05 |只看該作者

Hi AmyWonglo

Thank you for your information.  I have read through all your messages which is very helpful.  I will have the same worries as yours after 2 years.  Keep in touch and share your experience to us.

I find the school bus service is better in last week.  Hope they can continously improve.

WaiMa

36#
發表於 04-9-27 23:13 |只看該作者

Hi, WaiMa,

It is my pleasure to share my experience and happy to know that they are useful to you.

Since I don't have problem with my school bus driver and EE,so I don't see any changes to me.  Actually, I am working Part Time, so after delivered my 2 girls to the school bus, I will go to bus stop to wait for the bus.  The school bus after pick up girls from one more stop, will pass by that bus stop again.  Hence, I have one more chance to wave goodbye to them.  But sometime, the school bus passed so fast that my girls can't see me.  Today, the driver even stopped at the bus stop in order to let my girls to wave me goodbye again.  So, I do feel comfortable with the past and existing school bus arrangement.

I understand that it is boring to wait for the school bus to come, but please understand that the traffic and, as I said, the delay is not something they can control.  If it is not too serious, forgive them.  I read the message in the primary section of this website for 聖方濟各英文小學, and if you read the school bus service provided by that school, you will find that we are already not that bad.

B. Rgds,
Amy

37#
發表於 04-9-28 10:41 |只看該作者

Hi Hi Amy,

Are you a PTA member?

I don't really understand the rules for 2nd round, what's "section A".  As I know if loose in 1st round, then 2nd round has to choose in the net where you live.  So why the 2nd round and choose schools from different nets?

38#
發表於 04-9-28 12:40 |只看該作者

Hi, DoReMiKa,

In the 2nd round, there are 2 section.  In Section A, you can choose 3 schools which are not in your net.  Then in Section B, you MUST CHOOSE within your net.  That's why people move their home or use false address in order to get one more chance for the lucky draw.

The lucky draw will handle the Section A first.  Computer will assign a sequence number for each Child.  If there is no seat available in your first choice, then you will put aside and the computer will handle the next drawing sequence.  After every children in the drawing pool are handled, then the computer will elimate those can't have a seat in their first choice and based on the  sequence number, handle their second choice in the Section A.  This procedure will run like a loop, after Section A, then Section B.  It will run until every child get a seat.  You will have 30 choices in Section B.  If you don't choose all 30, so only 20, and you can't get a seat even from your 20th choice in Section B.  Then computer will find a seat available from the school list and select one for you.  

You can check this information from the EMB website.

B. Rgds,
Amy

39#
發表於 04-9-28 12:42 |只看該作者

Hi Amy,

I felt a little bit confuse of the rules for the school choosing.  Do u have interesting to join our gathering which held on 16 oct (saturday)?  Cos I also want to know more about that.

40#
發表於 04-9-29 02:04 |只看該作者

Hi, FunFun,

I am not going to the PTA meeting on 10/16 because I am busy that day.  

May be my explaination is not that clear.  Please visit the following website from 教育統籌局 :

小一入學統籌辦法
      《自行分配學位簡例》節錄自「小一入學統籌辦法」光碟   (7 MB) http://www.emb.gov.hk/FileManager/TC/Content_1511/dp.wmv

《統一派位模擬簡例》節錄自「小一入學統籌辦法」光碟   (4 MB) http://www.emb.gov.hk/FileManager/TC/Content_1511/ca.wmv

These are video files which explain the system and an example is given.  After reading these 2 files, you should fully understand how the system works.

Actually, www.emb.gov.hk is a website every parent should visit because it tells us a lot about the bureau and the education policies.  You can also find the 質素保證視學報告摘要 since 1997 (http://www.emb.gov.hk/index.aspx?langno=2&nodeID=745)  (only for schools visited, so the school you want to check may not be availabled.)  For St. Rose of Lima, primary section, the report is in year 1999/2000  report dated Oct 23, 1999.  (Of course this report is out of date and the school has put a lot of effort to improve since then.  Which you can visit St. Rose's website to read their 5 years plan.)

B. Rgds,
Amy
‹ 上一主題|下一主題