密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Two-Year-Olds Programme @ Yew Chung
樓主: adrian_mama
go

Two-Year-Olds Programme @ Yew Chung

發表於 09-3-26 22:34 |顯示全部帖子
Dear adrian mama,
i called them this morning finally.  the staff said there are still a number of places left for PM class but as my application was submitted recently (in mar) so i needed to wait.
thanks for your information anyway

原帖由 adrian_mama 於 09-3-24 15:05 發表
Dear DeckerCarmen,

Any update? do they invite you for interview.

發表於 09-3-26 23:10 |顯示全部帖子
any parents apply the full day class??

I'm still struggling with 2yr programme and K1. As I live in Tai Po, such far far away...I just worry it made me boy too tired for 2 yr programme....but seems the school is really good....any suggestion...?

發表於 09-3-27 14:41 |顯示全部帖子
Dera Chauapple & Orphee,

當日見到MISS好友善有耐性,並不是因為有外人在才裝出來,個個小朋友都好聽老師話,(當日見到普通話老師及外籍老師,基本上見散所有老師及姐姐),氣氛很好,有在家的感覺!空氣清新,環境乾淨。

我都好放心俾個仔讀,交通問題如其他媽媽話,他們基本上都好nice,有責任心, 交得俾學校都可以放心!

發表於 09-3-29 11:14 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Parents,

For the two yr-old class,  I'd like to know how's the English standard of kids as there are 2 Cantonese-speaking teachers but just one English speaking teacher.
Please kindly share your experience & views. Thanks.

發表於 09-4-16 14:34 |顯示全部帖子
My son is currently studying the 2's program at YC and I would recommend this school to anyone. The staff are very caring and my son loves going to school. If I were to choose between Victoria and YC I would go for YC without hesitation. When I went for interview at Victoria, all the teachers were just standing there talking to each other and didn't even pay attention to my child, but when I went to the interview at YC, classes were running on the day and I could observe how the teachers interact with children, there was one teacher who held one child for over an hour trying to calm him down while we were waiting for the interview, I was deeply impressed by the teachers at YC.

Anyway, there is only 1 cantonese teacher, 1 native English teacher and 1 yi yi at the class, so both Cantonese and English have equal weighting.

原帖由 newdaddy 於 09-3-29 11:14 發表
Dear Parents,

For the two yr-old class,  I'd like to know how's the English standard of kids as there are 2 Cantonese-speaking teachers but just one English speaking teacher.
Please kindly share your ...

發表於 09-4-16 18:04 |顯示全部帖子
agree. Thanks for your sharing.

原帖由 agnesthfok 於 09-4-16 14:34 發表
My son is currently studying the 2's program at YC and I would recommend this school to anyone. The staff are very caring and my son loves going to school. If I were to choose between Victoria and YC  ...

發表於 09-4-17 14:40 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Adrian_mama, my son is called Adrian too, is your son's name Adrian? Nice to meet u.

原帖由 adrian_mama 於 09-4-16 18:04 發表
agree. Thanks for your sharing.

發表於 09-4-21 09:41 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter will take the full day 2's prog in coming Aug too, I submitted the application in last Sept and attended the interview in Oct.

I hope my daughter like going to YC la! :)

發表於 09-4-23 14:24 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Agnes

Nice to meet you too. Adrian is so common among 2007 babies. You are the 4th one i haveknown.

原帖由 agnesthfok 於 09-4-17 14:40 發表
Hi Adrian_mama, my son is called Adrian too, is your son's name Adrian? Nice to meet u.

發表於 09-4-24 10:34 |顯示全部帖子
My son was born in 2006........ nice to meet u too....

原帖由 adrian_mama 於 09-4-23 14:24 發表
Hi Agnes

Nice to meet you too. Adrian is so common among 2007 babies. You are the 4th one i haveknown.

發表於 09-4-24 12:47 |顯示全部帖子
hello 各位YC mama,

早2日我都收到YC電話, 叫下星期去interview, 又話如果啱就可以交低cheque, 咁請問, 佢哋收我個仔geh機會有幾多呢?

同埋, 我個仔係10月尾出世, 咁如果真係收, 係咪10月尾就可以返學呢? 另外, 喺計學費方面, 又係咪入讀嗰個月開始計呢?

請賜教
怕你長得太快,未及把你看仔細;怕你長得太慢,恨不得你快高長大

買得太多玩具,怕你會將佢哋四圍堆;買得太少玩具,又怕你會憨居居

發表於 09-4-24 15:21 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, I am YC mama,

my son is studing in 2-years programme now. Yes, all students in the class are 2 years or older. They will recommend you to study in ITLP(playgroup) first and reserve a seat of 2-year class for you. Once your baby is 2 years old then can transfer to such class (插班). It means 8月(ITLP) then 10月(2-year class).
原帖由 KarieWu 於 09-4-24 12:47 發表
hello 各位YC mama,

早2日我都收到YC電話, 叫下星期去interview, 又話如果啱就可以交低cheque, 咁請問, 佢哋收我個仔geh機會有幾多呢?

同埋, 我個仔係10月尾出世, 咁如果真係收, 係咪10月尾就可以返學呢? 另外, 喺 ...

發表於 09-4-24 15:53 |顯示全部帖子
thank you 219媽媽 for your reply.
what should i prepare for that interview? what's the chance to get a seat?

原帖由 219媽媽 於 09-4-24 15:21 發表
Hi, I am YC mama,

my son is studing in 2-years programme now. Yes, all students in the class are 2 years or older. They will recommend you to study in ITLP(playgroup) first and reserve a seat of 2-ye ...

發表於 09-4-24 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
Karie, they will definately give you a place........ no preperation is necessary..... the principal will just ask you some questions.......... just casual talk...... just relax......... you can see how the kids enjoy themselves while in class too.......

原帖由 KarieWu 於 09-4-24 15:53 發表
thank you 219媽媽 for your reply.
what should i prepare for that interview? what's the chance to get a seat?

發表於 09-4-24 17:03 |顯示全部帖子
hi agnesthfok, does it mean that when they asked us to go for the interview, my son is accepted already?
what questions will i be asked? do you mind to share?
is the interview conducted in english or cantonese?

原帖由 agnesthfok 於 09-4-24 16:52 發表
Karie, they will definately give you a place........ no preperation is necessary..... the principal will just ask you some questions.......... just casual talk...... just relax......... you can see ho ...

發表於 09-4-24 23:23 |顯示全部帖子
I've applied for almost 4 mths. but still no reply yet...How long does it take for having an interview??

發表於 09-4-26 18:30 |顯示全部帖子
i submitted the application form last Oct, was invited to their seminar a mth later, then just received their call for an interview last week.

uote]原帖由 bbysh 於 09-4-24 23:23 發表
I've applied for almost 4 mths. but still no reply yet...How long does it take for having an interview?? [/quote]

發表於 09-4-27 17:16 |顯示全部帖子

The principal share the philosophy of Yew Chung and just ask some common question to know more about the life of my son.(in Cantonese)

She asked who take care baby.This was quite an informal interview.

After the interview, one of their staff registered for my son and received the cheque. - that's mean they accepted my son.

原帖由 KarieWu 於 09-4-26 18:30 發表
i submitted the application form last Oct, was invited to their seminar a mth later, then just received their call for an interview last week.

uote]原帖由 bbysh 於 09-4-24 23:23 發表 http://forum.edu ...

發表於 09-4-27 23:56 |顯示全部帖子
thanks adrian_mama for your sharing
is your son going to attend the nursery this august?

原帖由 adrian_mama 於 09-4-27 17:16 發表

The principal share the philosophy of Yew Chung and just ask some common question to know more about the life of my son.(in Cantonese)

She asked who take care baby.This was quite an informal inter ...

發表於 09-4-28 14:26 |顯示全部帖子
You might think YC being an international school, everyone would speak in English, but the principle is quite opposed to speaking English with you child unless your mother tongue is English. She thinks it delays your child's speech development and hence self-esteem and confidence when learning.......