教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Kinder to ESF Year 1
發新帖
查看: 1372|回覆: 14
go

ESF Kinder to ESF Year 1 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-6 00:39 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi,
Does anyone know if there's any ESF Kinder student can't get a ESF Year 1 successfully?
I am now thinking about putting my little boy into the ESF Kinder WKS, and I heard from the school that the hit rate at ESF Kinder TY is almost 99.8% (195 out of 197) last year......so that means it's almost "for sure"for all those ESF Kinder student to get a seat at ESF Year 1 then. Am I right?
Please advise....anyone???
Mitchmama
   0    0    0    0
MITCHmama

2#
發表於 09-3-6 01:31 |只看該作者
Last year: 2008, I think is OK. This year: 2009, much tougher, especially for Cat 2 students. But since 2009 has not passed yet, so can't make conclusion now. But can tell you, much tougher than the past.

But if your kid is not in ESF Kinder, and you are Cat 2 students, will be almost impossible. So if you want your kid to go for ESF in year 1, just put your kid into ESF Kinder, will not be a wrong choice after all.

3#
發表於 09-3-6 10:19 |只看該作者
Mitchmama:

Is RCHK or other ESF Junior Schools your target? I think it also makes a difference.

4#
發表於 09-3-6 12:45 |只看該作者
PoPolung, Miclint,

Thanks!
To me, both RC and SJS is fine with me. My son is going into K2 but not K1, I talked to the consultant before and they confirmed to get me an interview at RC and SJS next year......however, RC seems very competitive. So I think I am going to apply the SJS as well. But my case is a bit complicated:

My son did tried the RC this year and he failed because RC said he is one of the youngest (26 Dec 2004) kids among the whole interview and they don't think he is ready. So, they recommended me to apply again next year......so I decieded to put my boy in ESF to repeating the K2 year. I told the consultant (Previous TY Kinder Headmaster) the whole story, so she called to the RC and make sure they would offer an interview for him next year, before she accept my application. According to the consultant, RC said my boy is right in the boarder line ....or whatever reason.......

I am a bit confused, should I / can I also apply the SJS if I already got a interview chance in RC?????

Please advise!

Thanks,
Mitchmama
MITCHmama

5#
發表於 09-3-6 12:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 MITCHmama 於 09-3-6 12:45 發表
PoPolung, Miclint,

Thanks!
To me, both RC and SJS is fine with me. My son is going into K2 but not K1, I talked to the consultant before and they confirmed to get me an interview at RC and SJS next y ...

Simple, go apply both and see who will accept your kid finally. If both will accept finally, then you can have the chance to make the call then, no need to worry?

6#
發表於 09-3-6 16:43 |只看該作者
Dear Mitchmama,
"Interview" does not mean you will have a place in the end.  

If I were you, it is better to apply both.

原帖由 MITCHmama 於 09-3-6 12:45 發表
PoPolung, Miclint,

Thanks!
To me, both RC and SJS is fine with me. My son is going into K2 but not K1, I talked to the consultant before and they confirmed to get me an interview at RC and SJS next y ...

7#
發表於 09-3-6 16:45 |只看該作者
and what kind of "consultant" can confirm you for an interview at RC & SJS?

8#
發表於 09-3-7 01:37 |只看該作者
Dear Popolung,
The consulant is the pervious headmastress of ESF TY and she is now in charge of the ESF WKS. All the applications need to go through her side.
I belive in her anyways, but just heard that SJS will not offer any interview for those RC applicants.....not sure, thus wanna have more information here!
Mitchmama
MITCHmama

9#
發表於 09-3-7 01:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 MITCHmama 於 09-3-7 01:37 發表
Dear Popolung,
The consulant is the pervious headmastress of ESF TY and she is now in charge of the ESF WKS. All the applications need to go through her side.
I belive in her anyways, but just heard t ...

Not ture, you should have interviews for both RC & SJS if you are CAT 1 students. If you are CAT 2, then you should still have interview for RC (as actually they don't really care about the catergory system since they are PIS) but may not has interview in SJS if there is already a lot of Cat 1 students waiting for interview (more than the seat they are offering - this applied to some ESF Primiary school for 2009 only). Hope this help!

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-3-7 16:20 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 09-3-7 09:21 |只看該作者
MITCHmama,

My son situation is same of your son. please check pm!

Dear Popolung,

11#
發表於 09-3-12 18:48 |只看該作者
Dear Popolung,

Dear MITCHmama,

Just a bit sharing!! My child has applied both ESF & RC this year. He has passed the interview at ESF Primary but on the waitlist and he was rejected by RC. So if you are going to apply for both, I am afraid both schools will probably not offer your child a place. Although they both are under English Schools Foundation, they are running independently. My thought may not true..is just a guess. Hope can give you some insight.

Or do any parents have the same experience?

12#
發表於 09-3-12 22:00 |只看該作者
Last year, my friend's daughter also passed the interview and she was on Kennedy's waitlist as she is Cat 2.  Finally, Kennedy offered a place to her girl before year 1 commenced.  I hope that your case will be the same.

Will you consider HKIS or CIS as I heard many students withdraw the school due to bad economy?

13#
發表於 09-3-12 23:06 |只看該作者
I hope my child will get a place eventually. Both HKIS & CIS are good, however they are not that cheap. Really need to think thoroughly before go for it. You know, there's still a long long way to go.

14#
發表於 09-3-12 23:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-12 23:06 發表
I hope my child will get a place eventually. Both HKIS & CIS are good, however they are not that cheap. Really need to think thoroughly before go for it. You know, there's still a long long way to go.

Really sorry to hear about that. While waiting for good news, a shelter is definitely important. Have u decided (or even found) an alternative primary school to keep your child in IS stream while waiting for ESF offer?
Due to "overwhelming" (both RC & DC used this term) no. of applicants this year, there will be more and more disappointing parents need an outside shelter.

15#
發表於 09-3-13 02:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-12 18:48 發表

Dear MITCHmama,

Just a bit sharing!! My child has applied both ESF & RC this year. He has passed the interview at ESF Primary but on the waitlist and he was rejected by RC. So if you are going to a ...

There are students who have been accepted by both traditional ESF, and RC. But if you looks closer you will see:

1. the interview methods used in RC is a bit different that other ESF (for example RC stated clearly that they will have one-on-one chat rather than group playing / singing / drawing only).

2. And since RC / DC are both PIS, so when they offer interviews seems not really depends on whether you are Cat 1 or Cat 2, as they are not bounded by the Gov't subsidy anymore, while traditional ESF still have an obligation to take Cat 1 student first

3. Traditioanl ESF will only interview a number around 10% more than what they can offer, for example if they have 120 seats they will only interview 130 students, but RC from the very beginning already interview 350 students out of 150 seats, regardless of Cat 1 & Cat 2 too.

Sound like both traditional ESF and RC / DC have more space releasing so finger cross! But still go for an alternative is a must too.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題