密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Path to ESF
樓主: Flower-kid
go

Path to ESF

發表於 09-2-18 12:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 502 於 09-2-18 10:57 發表
Really minimal Chinese is taught in SWCK.  Frankly speaking, it is not realistic to expect Chinese teaching from an IS.  The so-called daily Mandarin lessons offered by some IS kinder may be good enou ...

ESF Kinder only has 1 hour Mandarin Class weekly....

發表於 09-2-18 12:31 |顯示全部帖子
Honesting speaking, except for the interview priority, I don't think ESF kinder is value for money.  

原帖由 popolung 於 09-2-18 12:27 發表

ESF Kinder only has 1 hour Mandarin Class weekly....
:-D :-D :-D :-D

發表於 09-2-18 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 502 於 09-2-18 12:31 發表
Honesting speaking, except for the interview priority, I don't think ESF kinder is value for money.  

1. With ESF interview priority is the value for money already

2. Don't expect the kinder will teach your kid a lot of thing, as said before, what your kid need by most in age 3 - 4 is love and sleep.

3. I love the ESF kinder that my daughter is studying now, no pressure, big natural garden. In local kinder (or IS Kinder but run by local people), even in PN class we have at least 1 page of homework per day. What's that for a age 2 baby?

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I know there are lot other IS kinder which are good too, but in case you are looking for ESF primiary school, then ESF kinder is one of your priority!

發表於 09-2-18 13:16 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you all for sharing.

I understand some of your kids are already in ESF kinder or IS kinder.  What is your language policy at home?  If your kids speak in English at school, do you speak to them in mother tongue (Cantonese) at home?

發表於 09-2-18 13:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-2-18 12:39 發表

1. With ESF interview priority is the value for money already

2. Don't expect the kinder will teach your kid a lot of thing, as said before, what your kid need by most in age 3 - 4 is love and slee ...

agree with point 1 if anybody is target for ESF schools as 1st choice. When your kid (from a non-ESF kinda) is on the waiting list of ESF Year 1, you may regret why u gave up the offer from ESF kinda and now u have no chance to interview, even though your kid is so smart and brilliant for interview...I foresee less interview chance (as least in first round) for non-ESF kinda child in the coming years as more ESF kinda from 4 schools (instead of 3 now).
Of course, there are many other good IS in Hong Kong....ESF is never the one and only one choice.

發表於 09-2-18 13:35 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Flower-kid.

We use English as an only language in all reading, verbal, listening.
No chinese and chinese teaching at all.
Even though some of my friends and collegues, and my sisters are Hong-Kongers, they talk to her in english.

However, my parents-in-law are pure cantonese speakers.
They use cantonese to communicate to her since birth.
Now She thinks in English so her Chinese expressions to her grand-parents are not logical and pronounciation is kind of non-cantonese accent.
(her chinese level is only survival level - like saying morning, uncle. Saying I eat and I run is the best already)

I do not regret as English to her is a native language. It is our original purpose.

We will let her learn Chinese just like learing French and German, Japanese and italian. Not make her learn Chinese as her must language.

Kind regards,
Maria

原帖由 Flower-kid 於 09-2-18 13:16 發表
Thank you all for sharing.

I understand some of your kids are already in ESF kinder or IS kinder.  What is your language policy at home?  If your kids speak in English at school, do you speak to them ...

發表於 09-2-18 22:13 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, parents.  Can anyone tell me whether the chance of getting in esf primary is the same in the folowing scenerios, that is, both falls in cat 2 and make no diference?
1. a child with sibling studying in esf primary & himself also studies in esf kinder
2. a child with sibling studying in esf primary but himself does not study in esf kinder

Thanks for your help...

[ 本帖最後由 269103 於 09-2-18 22:15 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-19 00:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 269103 於 09-2-18 22:13 發表
Hi, parents.  Can anyone tell me whether the chance of getting in esf primary is the same in the folowing scenerios, that is, both falls in cat 2 and make no diference?
1. a child with sibling studyin ...

should be the same, but make it clear, it is the chance of interview only. After the interview it will be depends on the result then.

發表於 09-10-29 08:27 |顯示全部帖子
I want my son to enter ESF kinder, Popo would you share which ESF kinder that you kid is in at this moment? is there any specific nursery that I need to place my son to, in order to get into ESP kinder?

My son is 11 months now and I need to start applying Nursery for him now.

More info would be apprecited. Thank you!