用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 will you accept your child to sit outside of the cla ...
發新帖
查看: 1413|回覆: 13
go

will you accept your child to sit outside of the classroom during the class

發表於 09-2-12 01:41 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

I have a 5-year old daughter, she is very active therefore we chose the international kindergarten for her.  she is K2 at the moment, there is a so call either 'thinking chair' or 'warning chair' at the kindergarten.  nobody from the kindergarten told me under what circumstance those kids need to sit on the chair.  I personally believe it is designed for the extremely naughty one as no kids are NOT naughty.

my daughter somehow was told to sit on the chair every day since Aug 2008 but the class teacher never informed us either by phone or written, we didn't know it until Nov 2008.  we were told that my daughter like to talk in the classroom.  therefore, I remind my daughter not to talk too loud or too much in the classroom every day.  However, she sit on the chair from once a day to twice a day, and the case seems getting worse, I was told by the other parents (some of them are volunteer helper at kindergarten) that my daughter was sitting outside of the classroom during the class.  when I checked with my daughter, she kept crying and said she didn't like to sit in the corridor alone and she was not the only one to talk in the class.
She is my first child, I really need your comments if this is the right way to educate a kid to obey the classroom rules.  I personally believe even a kid need respectation.  To let a kid sitting outside of the classroom is a serious issue to the kindergarten and parents, I have been expecting the teacher to tell me what happened and few days passed, nothing from the kindergarten.  Please do help me more, I don't know what to do.

發表於 09-2-12 09:06 |顯示全部帖子
The school should inform the parents in the first place. It is not a responsible school. Forget this school and make change ASAP. Which school ?
原帖由 wanwyy 於 09-2-12 01:41 發表
Dear all,

I have a 5-year old daughter, she is very active therefore we chose the international kindergarten for her.  she is K2 at the moment, there is a so call either 'thinking chair' or 'warning  ...

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-2-12 09:14 編輯 ]

發表於 09-2-12 09:22 |顯示全部帖子
It is the responsibility for the school to communicate with the parents of the behavior of the children.  This school is really pooooor!

發表於 09-2-12 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
Feel sad about your case.  But since you have been informed of the circumstance in November, have you ever contacted the kinder for a chat?  

Any difficultiies or similar complaints received by you from your daughter's ECA teachers?

Dear all,

I have a 5-year old daughter, she is very active therefore we chose the international kindergarten for her.  she is K2 at the moment, there is a so call either 'thinking chair' or 'warning  ...
:-D :-D :-D :-D

發表於 09-2-12 10:10 |顯示全部帖子
Very upset to hear what had happened to your daughter.
No matter it is really something wrong with your daughter, I think the class teacher should communicate with you first instead of keep punishing the kid.
Your girl is in which kider?

發表於 09-2-12 10:13 |顯示全部帖子
what school this is?

發表於 09-2-12 10:24 |顯示全部帖子
So sorry to hear of your child's situation at school.

A good kinder should value open communication between teachers and parents because it is, afterall, a team effort on both sides to do what's best for the children.  Not reporting to parents what goes on in school in regard's to a child's well-being is never right.  I understand the purpose of a thinking chair as my kid's school practice the same method, but to have her there all the time and not having parents know about it?  I can't imagine how much damage it is doing to a child's self-esteem!  I would demand a meeting with the teacher at once and if that's not granted, take it to the principal/supervisor.  For curiosity sake, can you PM me the name of the school (if not appropriate here).

發表於 09-2-12 11:05 |顯示全部帖子
No matter you have decided to give up this school or not, at this stage, I suggest you should try to "see/observe/peep" what is going on during the school hours(Yes! seek principal's assistance directly); rather than hearing from teachers or other parents.
If this is the problem of school, just quit.
If there is some problems with your daughter (most  parents always have "blind spot"that "my children is perfect; there must be somebody/something wrong), you need to realize. Otherwise, the same situation may happen again in other schools.

發表於 09-2-12 11:57 |顯示全部帖子
I agree that the school should have informed the parents, but on the other hand, I am afraid the parents also have to shoulder the blame for not taking the initiative to talk to the school & therefore allowing this situation to continue for this length of time!
Why wait for the teacher to talk to you?
Go & seek her out yourself & get to the bottom of the situation.

發表於 09-2-12 14:39 |顯示全部帖子
I'm sorry to hear your case, which school is there?

The school should communicate with the parent if this action is keeping over a week.
2005年9月1日出生的Ryan重2.95kg, 係飲全人奶到21個月大的。而家已經有29磅5安士重喇!
9月1日 2.95Kg / 9月 10日 3.12Kg / 9月 15日 3.3Kg / 9月 17日 3.46Kg / 9月 24日 3.75Kg / 10月7日 4.44Kg / 10月20日 4.99Kg /11月18日 6.50Kg / 12月03日 6.62Kg / 1月17日 7.31Kg / 9月12日 9.50Kg / 10月28日 10.00Kg / 1月2日 11.00Kg / 4月20日 12.00Kg

發表於 09-2-12 17:29 |顯示全部帖子
I think it's quite common for kinder to adopt "XX chair", but the way your kinder treats your girl is completely unacceptable.  Talk to the principal and class teachers immediately.  There is no way for your girl to suffer any longer!  Even if the little kid is naughty in class, the teachers should have made certain plans or strategies to deal with it and most importantly work with the parents....

發表於 09-2-12 18:44 |顯示全部帖子
Really sorry for you and your daughter.
I think no parents would accept it.  You should go and talk to the teacher immed.

Dear all,

發表於 09-2-12 21:18 |顯示全部帖子
one time when i picked up my kid, i heard the teacher talked to another kid's mom about letting her kid sat at thinking chair today and explained the reason, i didn't hear the content but i think the teacher is very responsible to let the mom know what happened for the kid on that day.

i think thinking chair shouldn't be always use it, it's very sad to hear your kid use it for so many times, that shows the problem is very serious, either it's your daughter or the teacher, so you really have to clarify what's problem and why the teacher didn't tell you from the very beginning.

發表於 09-2-13 11:04 |顯示全部帖子
While I was at the government run primary school, I was sentenced to stand outside the classroom because I said "Superman" with the common hand signal.  As of now, I still remember that insult.  Shame on your school that did that to your daughter.