樓主: alunsweeney
go

有人in左kbck嗎? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-2-25 11:16 |只看該作者
如果你收到信的話,你會比小朋友讀嗎?除了kbck之外,你申請了什麼學校?

沒有mandarin及中文,只有英文,競爭力比其他小朋友會差小小嗎?

原帖由 bakusensei 於 09-2-18 17:24 發表
Million thanks for YYFung, Matthewdad and others comments and valuable advice. :)

We've been to the interview and honestly, the interview env't was v. cozy. my kid enjoyed it and talked a lot. the pr ...

22#
發表於 09-2-25 14:19 |只看該作者
Hi sophievan,

It's v. likely that we will let my son to go to this school if we receive the letter. our preference on ESF over KBCK is only less transportation time.  n to be frank, we don't ve the offer from esf at the present moment. for the other offers we got (mostly local, some with quite high eng standard), we consider them too demanding and violate our concept of early education.

"沒有mandarin及中文,只有英文,競爭力比其他小朋友會差小小嗎?" If this is our concern, we wouldn't consider this kinder at the very begining.  and that's why we sincerely advise parents who plan to go local stream in primary school should seriously consider if kbck is their cup of tea, particulary if 競爭力 is their concern :)

原帖由 sophievan 於 09-2-25 11:16 發表

23#
發表於 09-2-25 15:14 |只看該作者
have you applied for YMCA Int'l Kindergarten? Both school are in Kln Side but in terms of school facilities and enviornment, I think YMCA will be better. Of course, they will charge you $4680 per month and it will be double of KBCK.

24#
發表於 09-2-25 20:29 |只看該作者
There are 3 choices:-
1) Schools offer 50% English and 50% Chinese.
=> may be neither good in English or Chinese
2) go to IS and have private chinese totorial class => good in English with average in chinese
3) go to Local Kinder (e.g. KV) and have private english totorial lesson => good in chinese and average in English
Which is the best? It depends on the desire of the paretns....

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-2-25 22:09 編輯 ]

25#
發表於 09-2-25 22:21 |只看該作者
Pardon me saying this: I think it is off the track in the topic of international school.

I personally believe the majority of the parents choosing IS for their children is NOT to learn English, but they 'd like to pursue a more innovative and "fit-for-use" education system for the kids.

Please respect this - International school is not a language school. International school is an alternative to local system promoting encouragement and self-esteem & self-confidence, and buliding up a global view and / or a choice for the specific nationals to continue their education of the original countries abroad.

(I have two reasons: for return to US and for my child to think critically and flexibly)

If we stand out of the box, Chinese is just one of the many many thousnad kinds of languages. Why do we need to be so narrow-minded to keep only taking tango with Chinese (and English)?

I would not deny mandarin Chinese and its character an dculture, but I hestitate the fact if the definition of Chinese is meant by local langauge.(in cantonese pronunciation)

In my own opinion, whether to get English, or Chinese or whatsoever language(s) is really a matter of mentality. If we as a parent, can be always open-minded, the child would not be resist a new language.

Back to KBCK, KBCK, as the parents of the existing students and as we the potential ones, is regarded as a 'feeder" school for ESF education system, and international schools. The principal said the students going to non-local cirriculum school and /or ESF / IS are what they target.

If the ESF/ IS is not your final goal, please may I beg you not to waste time?

Kind reagrds,
Maria

‹ 上一主題|下一主題