教育王國 討論區 國際學校 由int'l kindergarten轉去local小學
發新帖
查看: 805|回覆: 4
go

由int'l kindergarten轉去local小學

發表於 09-2-6 17:11 |顯示全部帖子
我在ymca int"l kindergarten見到一封thank you letter
是由一位舊生寫信去學校答謝老師/校工。

此位學生的英文很native,她現在於港大同學會讀primary。 其實,她自幼英文基地好,去英文小學是不是問有問題?銜接情況又如何?很值得大家討論的。到底你們身邊有很多家長如此安排嗎?

發表於 09-2-17 13:49 |顯示全部帖子
I'd like to know too, anyone can share?

發表於 09-2-17 20:36 |顯示全部帖子
我覚得小朋友適応力非常強、銜接問題応該不大、不境幼稚園也只是2-3年、但重要的不是英文好与不好的問題、是整個本地教育制度、朝令夕改、今日説母語好、明日又説回加強英文、龍頭都不知如何帯領、没有説服力。本地教育注重強記、INTL SCHOOL注重学生自主学習、這才是根本不同之処。  真的不是語文能力一様這簡単。 以上只是一般論、当然本地也好、INTL也好、当中有好有壊的.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

發表於 09-2-22 20:09 |顯示全部帖子
hello there,

I am planning to do the same for my elder one.  Currently, my older one is at ESF primary and she was from local kindergarten but we speak mainly English at home from daily basis.  My elder one also and she hardly gets to cantonese except for the old granny (visit occassionally).  We have plans to put her to a local kinder and make sure she picks up good cantonese and mandarin during her stay at the kinder.  We shall continue to do so and increase her reading habit at home for English since 2 yrs old.  Putting more effort to establish her foundation of reading at home.  This directly helps her english foundation, reading habit and gramma too.

Hope this able to share to others on my plans.

發表於 09-2-25 07:40 |顯示全部帖子
我昨晚打比我個朋友,他的小朋友在esf幼稚園讀書,之後升了esf小學。他的父母比他讀了一年便退學。理由是學費費/鬼仔妹好naughty/esf的架構不好/學校好舊......。這位小朋友現在於st margaret讀小2 (去年重讀了小1)。昨天他媽咪說孩子3種languages都是一舊野。especially mandarin因為學校由mandarin老師教中文,他儘管於國際班上課,程度都是強差人意。她說早知便比他去普通幼稚園。st margaret都是要默書、做很多homework,同本地小學一樣,個小朋友在esf4年當然感到不習慣。他的英文是沒有廣東口音,比起香港小朋友好,但去到local小學,單是英文好是沒有用的。
父母真是難做..