搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Clearwater Bay School
樓主: popolung
go

ESF Clearwater Bay School

發表於 09-2-26 14:11 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 0002 於 09-2-26 13:30 發表
Do you know the school fee this year?

You mean CWBS? Did you got admission already? If yes, they should inform u in the letter already?

發表於 09-3-15 01:48 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter has finally got an offer from CWBS this week. Since we lived in TKO, so we will take this offer and reject the one from RC later (though we have paid for deposit already , still a lot of money to us), as RC is too far away from TKO.

There are other Cat 2 Abacus students who are on waiting list, got interviews this week and passed. So happy!

There are still some other Abacus students on Cat 2 waiting list have been assigned to interview in KJC or SJS as we heard. Good Luck to them too! So ESF is still taking care of most ESF kinder students as priority! To those who are still thinking to go ESF kinder or not, but really want their kids to go to ESF primary school later on, this is a hint!

So you can imagine the competiton in CWBS is very keen this year!  And want to thanks to those ESF staffs & BK Parents who are really helpful to make thing happened!

發表於 09-3-15 10:00 |顯示全部帖子
Great news popolung! I am happy for you.

發表於 09-3-15 10:14 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kohuei 於 09-3-15 10:00 發表
Great news popolung! I am happy for you.

Thanks a lot, really have been worried for months already....!

Which ESF your kid is studying now? Any comment?!

Good Luck to all other BK / EK parents who are stilling waiting for good news!

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-3-15 10:17 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-15 20:01 |顯示全部帖子
My boy is only K1 at TY, but the situation this year really has me worried...wish us luck when September comes...

發表於 09-3-15 22:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kohuei 於 09-3-15 20:01 發表
My boy is only K1 at TY, but the situation this year really has me worried...wish us luck when September comes...

this year is a bit different, my naive assumptions are:

1. finanical turmoil affect the mix of IS where the expat's kids are applying. They may give up those like ISF, HKIS , GSIS, etc which need debenture (and some even reply on company to pay for corporate debentures) and higher school fee will shift to apply for ESF (but it doesn't mean ESF is not as good as those school, but only because ESF schools are subsidized by HKSAR Gov't, except RC & DC which is PIS.

2. Last year, Y1 admission may seems to be more easier, but remember those kid are born in the year of SARS so birth rate is much lower, thus competition.

3. Some other factors like GSIS is temporarily moving to MOS ( a lot of GSIS parents are complaining), like financial crisis, may cause the mix to change.

Hope next year when the worldwide market is getting better, the Y1 admission in ESF will be back to normal too.

發表於 09-3-16 11:28 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Popolung,  

Congratulations!  You give me a lot of confident to send my son to ESF Kinder.  I visited the Abacus on Sat.  I really liked it very much.  I accepted the offer in the PM class right after the school tour.  Thanks for your advice.

發表於 09-3-16 11:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 scheong 於 09-3-16 11:28 發表
Hi Popolung,  

Congratulations!  You give me a lot of confident to send my son to ESF Kinder.  I visited the Abacus on Sat.  I really liked it very much.  I accepted the offer in the PM class right a ...

Thanks a lot. If your choice for your kid's educational path is IS, then Abacus is a very good choice, couldn't be wrong too far away. Nice school with trees and birds, fresh air. Your kid will see butterfly, snail, worms all the times. You won't see those easily in other kinder I believed. You will enjoy it! Congratulation to you too! :)

發表於 09-3-16 12:27 |顯示全部帖子
Congratulations to popolung. I know u are really anticipating for the offer from CWB.

發表於 09-3-16 12:29 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-3-16 12:27 發表
Congratulations to popolung. I know u are really anticipating for the offer from CWB.

Yes I am, and thanks a lot!

發表於 09-3-17 00:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kohuei 於 09-3-15 20:01 發表

oh... it's sound like the ESF competition is really keen. I'm worried my boy too, don't know whether it is a right choice to put him in Starters School.
2005年9月1日出生的Ryan重2.95kg, 係飲全人奶到21個月大的。而家已經有29磅5安士重喇!
9月1日 2.95Kg / 9月 10日 3.12Kg / 9月 15日 3.3Kg / 9月 17日 3.46Kg / 9月 24日 3.75Kg / 10月7日 4.44Kg / 10月20日 4.99Kg /11月18日 6.50Kg / 12月03日 6.62Kg / 1月17日 7.31Kg / 9月12日 9.50Kg / 10月28日 10.00Kg / 1月2日 11.00Kg / 4月20日 12.00Kg

發表於 09-3-17 01:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 tvoincy 於 09-3-17 00:07 發表

oh... it's sound like the ESF competition is really keen. I'm worried my boy too, don't know whether it is a right choice to put him in Starters School.

If your path is IS, then certainly ESF is one of the choices unless you aim at some other IS already. Then you must prepare to put your kid in those ESF kinder if possible, as if your kids are not in ESF kinder, chance of getting into ESF primary school is even lower, even you only use ESF as a back-up, but somehow this back-up is very hot too!

發表於 09-3-19 10:12 |顯示全部帖子
popolung,

So happy to know yr daughter had got an offer from CWBS!!!   I really feel uncomfortable and  so worried after reading the posts and the topic from "king's mom"!  that really worries me  alot, as my daughter is studying at victoria now and also paid the deposite for the coming k1, but my target is ESF, so hope she will be a lucky one.  btw, will u speak english with her all day at home, everytime, everyseconds and is yr daughter speak english with everyone...?  i really want to know what envirnoment i should give her to prepare for the yr1 interview.  although it seems 2 yrs later, but it needs time to get ready.  thank you so much if u could share yr case.

[ 本帖最後由 misskwokwok 於 09-3-19 10:13 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-19 10:28 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 misskwokwok 於 09-3-19 10:12 發表
popolung,

So happy to know yr daughter had got an offer from CWBS!!!   I really feel uncomfortable and  so worried after reading the posts and the topic from "king's mom"! ...

Thanks a lot! I spoke to my daughter almost 95% in English (until she pass the interview now I am switching channel finally back to Chinese) but I can't control other people speak to her in Chinese.

Also she watchs all TV in English, the best one is the Playhouse Disney Channel in NOW TV (but you have to control how much time she can watch per day, and try to watch with her together if possible, otherwise there is a lot of side effect for children watching too much TV).

And if you have a chance to change to ESF kinder, and if possible, go for it. ESF internally do have some priority on interview (as disclosed on their web), and may be other arrangement, I guess.

Good Luck!

發表於 09-3-19 14:14 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you so much of yr sharing, that's so nice of u.  ai! parents are not easy nowadays.  u've done lot of works behind for years...
did u in the 1st round interview?  or in the 2nd then got in?  do u know the hit rate this year from abacus to CWBS for cat2 ?
hope not too much questions...but it makes ppl worry...

原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-19 10:28 發表

Thanks a lot! I spoke to my daughter almost 95% in English (until she pass the interview now I am switching channel finally back to Chinese) but I can't control other people speak to her in Chinese. ...

發表於 09-3-19 14:28 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 misskwokwok 於 09-3-19 14:14 發表
Thank you so much of yr sharing, that's so nice of u.  ai! parents are not easy nowadays.  u've done lot of works behind for years...
did u in the 1st round interview?  or in the 2nd then got in?  do  ...

I can only tell you, for CWBS, I "guess" this year they take almost 95% of Cat 1 (both ESF and non-ESF), then some Cat 2 (ESF). Other Abacus Cat 2 students are referred to SJS, KJS may be BHS for interview too. The mixture if affected seriously by financial turmoil as told earlier in other post. So don't know if this will be the case next year. Good luck. Anyway staying ESF Kinder will still give you a better chance for ESF Primary or RC / DC.

發表於 09-3-19 14:48 |顯示全部帖子
thank you.  hope every cat2 students could go into esf yr1, whatever which school is.  and hope the financial turmoil won't stay too long as giving a normal (fair) chance for our cat2 esf kinder.
This financial turmoil is not only "financial turmoil", it complicates with "educational turmoil".

原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-19 14:28 發表

I can only tell you, for CWBS, I "guess" this year they take almost 95% of Cat 1 (both ESF and non-ESF), then some Cat 2 (ESF). Other Abacus Cat 2 students are referred to SJS, KJS may be BHS for in ...

發表於 09-3-19 15:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 misskwokwok 於 09-3-19 14:48 發表
thank you.  hope every cat2 students could go into esf yr1, whatever which school is.  and hope the financial turmoil won't stay too long as giving a normal (fair) chance for our cat2 esf kinder.
This ...

Hope this will pass soon, but when you see the Fed (and Obama) is using US$1.2T to buy US long term debt today, some analysts have already forsee that the US economy will further melt down. US is now like a patient with cancer, eating medicine to cure the pain only, but not the disease... so be prepared. Even Chinese Premier Wen said he is worried about US debt earlier last week. Worst time has not come yet.......

發表於 09-3-19 19:01 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Popolung,

I was worrying about the ultimate weapon of mass destruction and it just happen this morning, abeit uneventful and with little voice of opposition except from Mr. Yam.  The monetization of debt is happening in the US.  That means our HKD will drop in value in syn with the USD while the Chinese Yuan will rise like crazy.  What will be the impact to us as the parents of international school?

1.  Interest rate will rise like crazy
2.  Inflation rate is going much higher
3.  HKD is going lower and lower

We will pay more for our rent or mortgage interest.  What is left for our high school fee in the inflationary period?

原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-19 15:08 發表

Hope this will pass soon, but when you see the Fed (and Obama) is using US$1.2T to buy US long term debt today, some analysts have already forsee that the US economy will further melt down. US is no ...