教育王國 討論區 國際學校 請問 RCHK 小學部家長
查看: 17436|回覆: 105
go

請問 RCHK 小學部家長

發表於 09-1-29 16:31 |顯示全部帖子
請 RCHK 小學部家長分享您們對學校和老師的感受。謝謝!

發表於 09-2-2 10:09 |顯示全部帖子
Dear RCHK Primary Parents,
Would you share your feelings about the teachers and the primary section of RCHK?
Both positive and negative comments are welcome.
I have no idea about the school and am thinking of putting my child there for P1.
I am therefore sincerely hoping for your sharing.
Thank you.
Miclint

發表於 09-2-2 12:37 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Miclint,

My girl is studying in P2 at RCHK. The reason why I put my girl in RCHK is simple and typical. We are tired of the haphazard eduation system managed by our dear government officials.

We are new to ESF and are "third class citizen" in ESF priority. The establishment of RCHK has given us a chance to get "easier" access to ESF albeit the tuition fee is higher than other ESF. Actually, RCHK boasts that they want to nurture their students to be able to appreciate the novels written by 金庸 is a big draw for me.

I can accept that putting my girl in ESF her Chinese will not be as good as other local schools but if she can appreciate 金庸's novels that should be enough for her to manage her own life. Additionally, RCHK uses traditional Chinese character appeals to me. I hate simplified Chinese not because I can't read them but simplified Chinese is a brutal destruction of Chinese culture, espeically Chinese characters.

There are good and not so good teachers in RCHK, like other schools. But so far we appreciate the efforts made by the teaching staff in nurturing my girl. The Head of Primary Mr. Muller always organises seminars and briefing for parents. ESF also gives a hand to RCHK parents. Unfortunately, RCHK is going to miss the Prinicipal at its infant stage as Mr. Peter Kenny was head-hunted to Dubai after this academic year.

RCHK is a new school with no track record. You have to bear this in mind and to not to expect too much. But so far I am satisfied with the school and hope they can do better and better.

I cannot tell you more about it as I am not an active parent. Perhaps, some of the RCHK parents who have taken part in RAPT could share with you more insights.

Gong Xi Fa Cai !

Wingba

發表於 09-2-4 11:45 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

Dear Wingba,

Grateful for your sharing and I really appreciate it. Traditional Chinese and the level of Chinese teacher is also the major and single reason that I am struggling in chosing RC v.s. other ESF schools.

Would you mind share with me how do they teach P2 Chinese at school? Do they have any homework and dictation and how often? What external help/tuition are you giving your girl?

Thanks again.

發表於 09-2-4 16:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Miclint,

Mandarin is the medium of instruction and my girl learned all the "pinyin" at P1 and the workload is minimal. So far she did three dictations. Each time covered about 10-12 words.

She also has to do one piece of reading on the internet and answer three questions everyday. It is a website developed by CUHK, I thought other local primary schools are also using it. She also got some writing exercise from time to time. The textbook she is using is the same as local P1. About one or two months ago she started to read a Chinese story book every week.

I send her to a Chinese tutorial school once a week. It's quite popular not only among IS students some local students are also attending the school. Besides, I also ask her to write diary everyday though she is writing less Chinese than English in her diary.

So far the Chinese lesson is okay but I don't mind more homework given out to her though.

Like you the only reason I sent her to RCHK is the value of Chinese otherwise I would have taken the offer from ESF Tsing Yi Kinder 4 years ago and enrol in SJS.

Hope the above helps in making up your decision.

Cheers,

發表於 09-2-5 10:08 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Wingba

Which Chinese tutorial school are you talking about?  Please share.  Tks.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

發表於 09-2-5 10:31 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Wingba:

Your sharing is really informative and helpful. Would you mind telling what is the "Chinese tutorial school once a week" that you are sending your little girl to? Is it Kumon? Or something else? Sounds that RCHK's Chinese program is really much better than traditional ESF though the traditional ESF are improving. Nevertheless the traditional ESF are still teaching Simplified Chinese!

In fact I have already got SJS' offer a place but haven't yet received offer letter from RC yet, which I know many parents have already got it. So I would listen to the God's answer.

Anyway, please share the "Chinese tutorial school once a week".

Thank you and best to you.

Miclint

原帖由 Wingba 於 09-2-4 16:22 發表
Hi Miclint,

Mandarin is the medium of instruction and my girl learned all the "pinyin" at P1 and the workload is minimal. So far she did three dictations. Each time covered about 10-12 words.

She al ...

發表於 09-2-5 11:15 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

Hi Miclint,
Not to worry too much.  Although I said I like RC so much, it doesn't mean RC is for sure better than SJS.  You know what? I also applied for SJS but my girl doesn't even have the chance to go for the interview.  I believe it is because my girl is not from ESF kind.  I didn't enroll my girl to ESF kind. because she was too young to take the school bus by herself, although I know the chance for a ESF kind. student to enter ESF Primary school is much bigger.  Anyway, I send my wish to you and hope to hear your good news soon.

發表於 09-2-5 14:38 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Purplesea:
Your consolation and encouragement is really appreciated. Thank you. In fact, two ESF teachers have recommended me SJS over RC respectively. It's just myself who values high RC's level and attitude towards learning Chinese language. I trust the God for the decision for my son.
Sincerely,
Miclint

原帖由 PurpleSea 於 09-2-5 11:15 發表
Hi Miclint,
Not to worry too much.  Although I said I like RC so much, it doesn't mean RC is for sure better than SJS.  You know what? I also applied for SJS but my girl doesn't even have the chance t ...

發表於 09-2-5 15:01 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Miclint,

The Chinese tutorial school is called Society of Genesis. You may log on to their website to learn more about the classes:

www.societyofgenesis.com.hk

I am interested in learning more about the advice that the ESF teachers mentioned in your message on comparing RCHK and SJS. Could you also share with me so that I may "push" RCHK to further improve itself?

Cheers,

發表於 09-2-5 15:05 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Wingba/ or other RC parents,
Since I don't know any students from RC, our information abt this school is very limited. Do you mind telling us a bit more about the school such as:

- how's the proportions of local chinese student compare with westerns in RC?

- how about the proportions of Native English speaking teacher in RC? When we went the BHS, we can feel a very strong English speaking atmosphere. Whereas for RC, my exposure is just limited to the reception area & it seems like they are more locals.

- Do the students speak English or Cantonese outside class?

- It mentioned on the RC website that even primary students will have one to one access to the computer. Is that mean the children are using their own computer for all lessons.

Sorry for asking so many questions.

發表於 09-2-5 15:06 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Miclint,

Yes, i want to know too........   please share.   I want to know beside a long school history, why SJS is a lot better than RC.   Thank you.

發表於 09-2-5 15:17 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

Miclint, would you pls share with us?

發表於 09-2-5 15:57 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all Parents:

I am happy to share what I heard but first of all let me make it clear that anything I am going to share here doesn't mean to offend any RC or pro-RC or other ESF parents. I myself is a pro-RC to certain extent. And I am a new comer in sending international schooling.

An ex-BHS primary teacher told me that if I had the opportunity to chose between both SJS and RC, I basically don't need to wait further. Definitely SJS. Especially if I planned to continue at Shatin College. She said that Shatin ESF is probably the best amongst all ESF schools in Hong Kong. SJS' teaching staff are far more mature and qualified and experienced. She said that RC is a 'commercial' school. RC is going to share (let) part of its campus to GSIS primary as GSIS needs to renovate their campus and will be moving to RC for 4 years! RC doesn't have subsidy from government and is always have to consider financial the first thing. Another ESF educational services English program teacher (running at RC) told me that the resources at RC sounds better but it in fact is limited to the hardware especially the I.T. side. The 'software' side is weaker. She said that the library books at RC are fewer (I think she means those suitable for primary students). She commented that RC has put too much emphasis on I.T. which in fact we don't need it so much in learning and students are mostly abuse of computer and Internet. But she pointed out that so far there is nothing really bad heard about the school. An ESF education assistant (lady in her late 20's who had worked at both SJS and RC respectively before) told me that she likes the kids at SJS more as they behave more humble and sincere than the kids at RC. The SJS kids show more respect to teachers. A bigger portion of RC kids are more 沙陳.

That's all. Feel free to comment and exchange your views but don't challenge me as I am just a listener of the above comments. I will not debate. Perhaps some of you can share any observable and known short-comings of SJS too.

I personally think value RC's respect and attitude towards teacher and learning Chinese language.

Thank you.

發表於 09-2-5 16:04 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Wingba: thanks a lot for your kind sharing.

Sincerely,
Miclint

原帖由 Wingba 於 09-2-5 15:01 發表
Hi Miclint,

The Chinese tutorial school is called Society of Genesis. You may log on to their website to learn more about the classes:

www.societyofgenesis.com.hk

I am interested in learning more a ...

發表於 09-2-5 16:32 |顯示全部帖子
This is just my personally opinion and not asking for any debate.

I personally don’t agree with this:

“She commented that RC has put too much emphasis on I.T. which in fact we don't need it so much in learning and students are mostly abuse of computer and Internet.”

My child is in Year 2 and my relative’s child is in Year 4, but I don’t see the school has put too much emphasis on computer or internet.

“RC doesn't have subsidy from government and is always have to consider financial the first thing”

Other ESF school parents always complain that RC is actually getting more resources.
RC has smaller class, free activities, better campus, more Chinese lessons.
If RC consider financial as the first thing, RC can follow other ESF with only one or two Chinese lessons per week.

原帖由 Miclint 於 09-2-5 15:57 發表
Dear all Parents:

I am happy to share what I heard but first of all let me make it clear that anything I am going to share here doesn't mean to offend any RC or pro-RC or other ESF parents. I myself  ...

發表於 09-2-5 16:49 |顯示全部帖子
我去過SJS & RC 嘅 school tour.  I like RC 嘅 staff 多D.  而且我鍾意RC教繁體中文.

發表於 09-2-5 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
However I do concern if RC is going to share the campus with GSIS.  Where can I confirm that information?

發表於 09-2-5 16:58 |顯示全部帖子
I just went to the website of GSIS, the temp campus doesn't look like RC. Is there any chance it is the school next to RC?!??

發表於 09-2-5 17:11 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽