搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 Stanford U EPGY
樓主: 漢堡飽
go

Stanford U EPGY

發表於 11-3-30 22:39 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# ANChan59 的文章

Thank you ANChan59!

Read the brochure and the program seems very impressive!

Are you sending your kid there?
So, the kid can only take one subject during the two weeks camp?

My son is taking Grade 8 EPGY math now, but he's in Year 6 at school. He should be joining the Middle School program according to his age and school grade instead of his grade in EPGY math right?

The tuition fee is quite expensive though. It's inclusive of the accommodation plus tuition right? So, what we need to pay extra is only the air tickets? Would parent be allowed to accompany them?

Sorry for so many questions.
Thank you very much.

Ruby

發表於 11-3-30 22:41 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 16# mamino.1 的文章

Hi mamino,

Your kid got accepted for the camp already? Which subject he/she would be taking? How old is he/she? Would you go with him/her?

Ruby

發表於 11-3-30 23:00 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 21# Ruby1219 的文章

Ruby1219

My reply as follow:

Are you sending your kid there? (Yes, by himself.)

So, the kid can only take one subject during the two weeks camp? (Yes, he can take more than one program before or after.)

My son is taking Grade 8 EPGY math now, but he's in Year 6 at school. He should be joining the Middle School program according to his age and school grade instead of his grade in EPGY math right? (Most kids are well above their regular school standard. My son was the lowest grade in that year, some kids are in F2~3.)

The tuition fee is quite expensive though. It's inclusive of the accommodation plus tuition right? (Yes and include catering in the campus except outing.)

So, what we need to pay extra is only the air tickets? (Yes)

Would parent be allowed to accompany them? (No)

You need a breakthrough and your son as well, he can manage that by himself, trust me.

If you worry, talk to airlines and have an unattended service for him. I did that 5 years ago. The ground service and air hostness will take good care of him. Finally, your son will hand over to the EPGY assistant in SF airport.

[ 本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 11-3-30 23:03 編輯 ]
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

發表於 11-4-4 23:53 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 7# ANChan59 的文章

: ANChan59, Thanks for your sharing.

發表於 11-4-5 13:18 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 24# beebreadma 的文章

You are welcome.
God grant me the serenity