密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 國際學校教授的英語有否口音之分?
發新帖
查看: 2325|回覆: 11
go

國際學校教授的英語有否口音之分?

發表於 09-1-22 16:06 |顯示全部帖子
經常在車上聽到疑似國際學校的華人學生說英語,口音多帶濃重的美國音,lur 晒脷兼一律把輕聲的 t 音讀成 d 音,短 o 音讀成 aa 音那種(如water 讀成 wor-drrr, hot 讀成 heart)。本來口音這東西也沒什麼,但我本人則不大喜愛太過lur脷的英語音,避得就避。

請問國際學校用以教學的英語有否口音之分?例如澳洲的講澳洲音英語、新加坡的講(或起碼不迴避)新加坡口音英語等。

英基的學校又如何呢?老師都說英國口音嗎?

如我希望小孩學英國音英語,有哪些學校可以選擇呢?

發表於 09-1-22 20:34 |顯示全部帖子
以我所知、ESF的応該不会、因老師大部分是英国&AUSTRALIA的、所以不会有美國口音。  其実大部分在香港的外籍老師、美國的応該不多、聴到的可能是AMERICAN SCHOOL的学生??

不過奇怪的是、美國口音比英国的容易上口、所以香港人就算未去過美國読書、在香港学得一口流利英文、都会帯有美國口音的、正女挙例中的WATER、変了WOR-DRR,HOT変成HEART等等。  

我也是英国口音FANS、女児在ESF、希望千奇不要説WOR_DRR!!

不過現在OBAMA的英文、還可接受、以前BUSH的、一聴便要転台。
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

發表於 09-1-22 21:22 |顯示全部帖子
老師係咩口音,小朋友就咩口音.  我都係英國口音fans,我小朋友幼稚園老師係英國人,佢就英國口音,點知Year 1老師係Canadian,我小朋友都轉埋口音.

發表於 09-1-23 10:19 |顯示全部帖子
The reason why a lot of Hong Kong people speaks with an American accent is because of the heavy American influence in the media - movies, TV programmes, CNN news, pop music...etc.
If you want your kids to have a British accent, then perhaps you have to switch to watch BBC channel.

發表於 09-1-25 16:01 |顯示全部帖子
多謝幾位的回應,以大環境看要學英國音似乎都是ESF最保險了,就如講英國聯繫還是對 British Council 較有信心一樣,雖然近年連 British Council 也不再標榜她的英國團隊, 僅以 native speaker 教授 World English 招徠了。

發表於 09-2-17 14:00 |顯示全部帖子
why brit accent? most of the NES speak with American-like accent.

發表於 09-2-17 17:24 |顯示全部帖子
I think "accent" is sort of personal liking.  Some would prefer the English (Oxford) accent, while some like the American one.  However, accent is not a unique thing in one's country.  Imagine the great variations of accent in the UK (I find Irish English a bit difficult at first) and those across the vast territory of the USA.  It may seem difficult, if not impossible, to have a school bound to provide a single accent of English, considering the nationalities of teachers involved.

Rather, I would prefer my kid to be exposed to an environment in which there is a rich mix of accents, so that the little kid has the broad horizon to get acquainted at an early stage.

The only concern parents may have is whether a certain prominent accent their kids would develop.  But it shouldn't be the case as long as it is not the one they don't like.

I remember my former colleague who is a Singaporean.  She joined the company after freshly graduating from the US.  She spoke very good English, but she told me that she had been teased by her local folks saying that "oh, you lost your Singaporean accent".

Kids are good linguists and as long as they are given the right environment (unless they study in local schools and are brought up under the local parents (HK accent) or a filippino maid (filippino accent), who knows).  I think some of you may have worried too much.

發表於 09-2-17 23:30 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 mosesdaddy 於 09-2-17 17:24 發表
I think "accent" is sort of personal liking.  Some would prefer the English (Oxford) accent, while some like the American one.  However, accent is not a unique thing in one's country.  Imagine the gre ...

200% agree. I don't think Oxford accent is superior to any others.
Singaporeans speak Singlish; Chinese speak Chinglish. 亞媽係女人... It is just a medium for communication. Any problem?

發表於 09-2-18 10:56 |顯示全部帖子
如果只是当作一种“沟通”方式的话,当然没问题。但假若你对自己或孩子有点要求的话,那这就变成“问题”了。(对不起,路过的,查句嘴)

原帖由 oooray 於 09-2-17 23:30 發表

200% agree. I don't think Oxford accent is superior to any others.
Singaporeans speak Singlish; Chinese speak Chinglish. 亞媽係女人... It is just a medium for communication. Any problem?

發表於 09-2-18 11:24 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 evatsoihk 於 09-2-18 10:56 發表
如果只是当作一种“沟通”方式的话,当然没问题。但假若你对自己或孩子有点要求的话,那这就变成“问题”了。(对不起,路过的,查句嘴)

no problem! everybody have equal right to express!
(路过的,查句嘴...me too haha)

發表於 09-5-5 18:45 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 小謙伯伯 於 09-1-22 16:06 發表
經常在車上聽到疑似國際學校的華人學生說英語,口音多帶濃重的美國音,lur 晒脷兼一律把輕聲的 t 音讀成 d 音,短 o 音讀成 aa 音那種(如water 讀成 wor-drrr, hot 讀成 heart)。本來口音這東西也沒什麼,但我本人則不大喜愛 ...

You may wish to take a look at this PowerPoint presentation.

發表於 09-5-5 23:42 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽