用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 對St. Paul's Kindergarten好失望 - Interview竟然首先 ...
樓主: My_Princess
go

對St. Paul's Kindergarten好失望 - Interview竟然首先問住香港OR九龍 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-1-21 20:21 |只看該作者
其實問住喺邊好正常, imagine我interview工, 10間有9間都會問我住邊, 因為都佢地黎講, 真係重要, 對小朋友的學習都係一樣, 如果要travel長時間去返學, 對佢地學習有一定影響......如果有2個similar family background, interview performance的case, 我想佢地會簡住得近的....唔洗咁介意, 如之前好多家長講, spk 收了, 好似中mark six.......

不過個遊戲係咁玩, 有situations你簡人, other situations, 人地都有權簡番你.......應該唔relate to discrimination...

我b女仲細, 未有得interview住, 我住tko, 心裡都知會有disadvantage compare to those who live in HK side....不過睇你們的post, be prepare what i will go through next year!!  good luck to all of you guys!!!

62#
發表於 09-1-21 22:30 |只看該作者
我怕人誤會,真係想澄清一下, some mamis may not know the interview arrangement this year.

For St. Paul interview this year, parents and bb are arranged to separately interview by two different teachers.  Parents and bb were sitting at different places in the same classroom, around 2-3 feet 距離, 用布簾隔開.  Application form has stated our address. In fact, it doesn't matter as we replied her where we live in.  It is ok if the teacher just wrote down.  But why she shouted in the air to other teacher who was interviewing my bb that 'live in Kln ah'?  This may affect my bb and disturb my bb's interview process.   This behaviour made us unhappy!

Even the address may be one of considerations for selecting candidates.  But the behaviour of this interviewer, 太明目張膽, 何必令被接見家長有 bad feeling?  When assessment, the school can know where we live in via application form.  Even the interviewer asked us the address for confirmation, just write down but it is really not necessary to tell to my bb's interviewer immediately (in front of us) !  Unless hidden agenda ......

原帖由 stinkyrabbit111 於 09-1-21 20:21 發表
其實問住喺邊好正常, imagine我interview工, 10間有9間都會問我住邊, 因為都佢地黎講, 真係重要, 對小朋友的學習都係一樣, 如果要travel長時間去返學, 對佢地學習有一定影響......如果有2個similar family backgroun ...

63#
發表於 09-1-22 00:15 |只看該作者
My daughter is studying in SPC (secondary) and she started join the schools since SPK.  I can tell you that SPK's interviews has been arranged in the same way for over 10 years.  Child is separated with her/his parents during the interview.  I agree that few teachers are always looked cool and impatience.  However, when you consider that there are over 1100 applicants each year, there are
6 classrooms (or 8?) and assume they continue to interview for 8 hours, each interviewer need to interview approx. 22 children in an hour, that means each child has less than 5 mins time!  I also don't like this arrangment, why they don't make it in 2-3 days?  However, I understand the pressure of the teachers.

Regarding the selection criteria, I agree some of the parents said that you never know what's their criteria.  My elder daughter was admitted to SPK, but my younger daughter was not accepted.  We are not catholic, my hubby is a professional.  I was a very busy working mum when my elder daughter attended SPK, but I changed to full-time mum when younger daughter interviewed SPK.  So, most of the sayings about SPK's selection criteria are  not accurate.

My memory towards the SPK faded out already, however, I can say that their primary is a good school in a sense that there are absolutely no prejudice against students from low-income family, poor perfomance students, and non-catholic students.

One mum said that she wants to plan her girl to study overseas, one point for your consideration, St. Paul's secondary is offering GCSE course, their students need to take the GCSE exam in F.4 and some outstanding students enter overseas universities after F.5 by using their good GCSE results.

64#
發表於 09-1-22 01:37 |只看該作者
可以給我保姆車website嗎?
thanks!

原帖由 My_Princess 於 09-1-21 13:13 發表
Before interview, we have made a research.  We knew there are some students in St. Paul's living in Kln side.  I also visited the website of 保母車”黎太 as well and asked for the traffic fee (so high, >$1,000/mth).  So we believed the address is not a concern at the beginning.  
感謝天父所賜一切恩惠, 我們誠心感謝您, 因主耶穌基督之名, 亞孟。

65#
發表於 09-1-22 10:02 |只看該作者
Please visit this site:

http://hk.geocities.com/stpaulsbus/

As I lived in Kln side, therefore, I asked for her in Sep 2008 about the fee.  It is quite high!  You can visit the forum of St. Paul's kindergarten in baby kingdom,  some mamis have shared their views as well.

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-22 01:37 發表
可以給我保姆車website嗎?
thanks!

66#
發表於 09-1-22 16:30 |只看該作者
Thanks for ur info!

The schoolbus fare is obviously higher than school fee! However, total expenses is $2XXX/mth, still a lot cheaper than studying in Kln Tong district which school fee is $2500, $3000 or more and schoolbus fare $800-1000.

原帖由 My_Princess 於 09-1-22 10:02 發表
Please visit this site:

http://hk.geocities.com/stpaulsbus/

As I lived in Kln side, therefore, I asked for her in Sep 2008 about the fee.  It is quite high!  You can visit the forum of St. Paul's k ...

[ 本帖最後由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-22 16:43 編輯 ]

67#
發表於 09-1-22 16:53 |只看該作者
But someone said that if your baby studies at one of the famous Kowloon Tong kindergarten, there will be no need to take extra Eng. course.  However, SPK is a normal kindergarten and extra Eng course may be required.

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-22 16:30 發表
Thanks for ur info!

The schoolbus fare is obviously higher than school fee! However, total expenses is $2XXX/mth, still a lot cheaper than studying in Kln Tong district which school fee is $2500, $30 ...

68#
發表於 09-1-23 14:43 |只看該作者
That's also my concern, becoz my son got offer from a English kinder at Kln Tong which have NET teach eng and maths everyday and mandarin 3 lessons per week. Whereas SPK have no NET teacher, we have to join eng course outside, it may cost more money and waste time.

Anyway, I only have to make decision if my son luckily got an offer from SPK, needn't bother about that at this moment.

原帖由 ChinChinMammy 於 09-1-22 16:53 發表
But someone said that if your baby studies at one of the famous Kowloon Tong kindergarten, there will be no need to take extra Eng. course.  However, SPK is a normal kindergarten and extra Eng course  ...

醒目開學勳章

69#
發表於 09-1-23 15:22 |只看該作者
I will say if your children is in spk, external English course is a MUST.  The spk parents have a tradition to gather together and organize English classes together.  You have to do this since St. Paul's Convent primary uses English as medium of instruction.

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-23 14:43 發表
That's also my concern, becoz my son got offer from a English kinder at Kln Tong which have NET teach eng and maths everyday and mandarin 3 lessons per week. Whereas SPK have no NET teacher, we have t ...

70#
發表於 09-1-23 17:50 |只看該作者
There is no real benefit for boys to study at SPK.
The beauty of SPK for girls is that since most can go straight to St Paul Convent Primary School, there is no need to push them too hard - they can be more relaxed & enjoy their kindergarten years.
But there is no such luxury for boys as they do not have any associated primary school for boys.

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-23 14:43 發表
That's also my concern, becoz my son got offer from a English kinder at Kln Tong which have NET teach eng and maths everyday and mandarin 3 lessons per week. Whereas SPK have no NET teacher, we have t ...

71#
發表於 09-1-24 17:08 |只看該作者
SPK parents organize eng class for their kids...have heard that before, just wondering how come SP don't think good english foundation is needed for their kindergarten students which they can well prepared for their english primary school?

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-1-23 15:22 發表
I will say if your children is in spk, external English course is a MUST.  The spk parents have a tradition to gather together and organize English classes together.  You have to do this since St. Pau ...

72#
發表於 09-1-24 17:15 |只看該作者
Agree, boys really no benefit!

SPK no need to push their students too hard as 90% of them can go staight to SPCS, but why SP not provide better english training to their kinder students, thus they could have better english foundation to adapt their english primary school?  

原帖由 mow-mow 於 09-1-23 17:50 發表
There is no real benefit for boys to study at SPK.
The beauty of SPK for girls is that since most can go straight to St Paul Convent Primary School, there is no need to push them too hard - they can b ...

[ 本帖最後由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-24 21:35 編輯 ]

73#
發表於 09-1-27 23:03 |只看該作者
SPK's teaching in phonics is very good.  Their phonics is very special and is designed by their own.   Their SPK students have no adjustment problem in English after they are promoted to St Paul Covent primary school.  That's what I have heard about them.   

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-24 17:15 發表
Agree, boys really no benefit!

SPK no need to push their students too hard as 90% of them can go staight to SPCS, but why SP not provide better english training to their kinder students, thus they c ...

74#
發表於 09-1-28 12:14 |只看該作者
If so...English standard of spk students should be quite good and at least better than other traditional kindergarten, extra english class is not a MUST, parents arrange extra eng class for their kids only want them to be the best of the best, right?

原帖由 cheng2 於 09-1-27 23:03 發表
SPK's teaching in phonics is very good.  Their phonics is very special and is designed by their own.   Their SPK students have no adjustment problem in English after they are promoted to St Paul Coven ...

醒目開學勳章

75#
發表於 09-1-28 18:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-28 12:14 發表
If so...English standard of spk students should be quite good and at least better than other traditional kindergarten, extra english class is not a MUST, parents arrange extra eng class for their kids ...

我家姐個女讀P1,佢話升小學中文難追啲,英文無問題...
不過佢個女都有Keep住上英文course...
我諗香港人只要負擔得起,總會比仔女上一啲同英文related 的courses...
我friend話係U遇到的St Paul 生,英文絕對好ok...
Anyway,讀唔讀到,睇緣分...

76#
發表於 09-1-30 13:26 |只看該作者
st paul中小學情度毫無疑問係高啦,
只係見好多人話幼稚園情度一般,
原因係學生9成升上同一小學......
所以我奇怪既然中小學係高程度英文學校,
點解幼稚園唔須要高程度去為學生打好基礎啫?
我相信其實spk程度唔係低,
家長額外報eng course只係想小朋友更優秀。

原帖由 jl118 於 09-1-28 18:21 發表

我家姐個女讀P1,佢話升小學中文難追啲,英文無問題...
不過佢個女都有Keep住上英文course...
我諗香港人只要負擔得起,總會比仔女上一啲同英文related 的courses...
我friend話係U遇到的St Paul 生,英文絕對好ok...
Anywa ...

77#
發表於 09-1-30 13:49 |只看該作者
我朋友既小朋友讀緊SPK, 據知10SPK學生著緊8/9個係出面學/補英文, 目的係為小學英語教學做準備, SPK的英文程度真是不高

原帖由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-30 13:26 發表
st paul中小學情度毫無疑問係高啦,
只係見好多人話幼稚園情度一般,
原因係學生9成升上同一小學......
所以我奇怪既然中小學係高程度英文學校,
點解幼稚園唔須要高程度去為學生打好基礎啫?
我相信其實spk程度唔係低,

78#
發表於 09-1-30 14:23 |只看該作者
幼稚園程度一般什至係低,
但升上去嘅中小學程度就比一般高,
幼稚園學生家長為左小朋友追到小學程度,
唯有出外面惡補英文......
呢間學校安排都好奇怪wor﹗

咁點解唔由幼稚園開始就為學生打好英語基礎,
配合自己小學嘅英語教學環境呢?

原帖由 chachalai 於 09-1-30 13:49 發表
我朋友既小朋友讀緊SPK, 據知10個SPK學生著緊8/9個係出面學/補英文, 目的係為小學英語教學做準備, 因SPK的英文程度真是不高

[ 本帖最後由 BabyHilary 於 09-1-30 14:27 編輯 ]

79#
發表於 09-1-30 14:38 |只看該作者
My daughter graduated in SPK 8 years ago.  She did not attend any English tutorial class.  However, I thought she had no difficulties in her P1 English.  SPK does not teach many vocabulary, they teach a lot phonics.  Thus, the kids was capable to spell words correctly.  If you are planning to let your child study in SPK and then to their primary, I think you don't need to worry too much.  Besides, I personally don't believe that it's important to push a child memorize so many vocabulary in KG, she will have many many to learn in primary!

80#
發表於 09-1-30 15:37 |只看該作者
我仲未有資格去擔心, 希望將會有啦﹗
不過其實我對spk好有信心,
st paul辦學幾十年來校譽都咁好,
幼稚園同中小學連接應該唔會係咁奇怪啩﹗

原帖由 KK07 於 09-1-30 14:38 發表
My daughter graduated in SPK 8 years ago.  She did not attend any English tutorial class.  However, I thought she had no difficulties in her P1 English.  SPK does not teach many vocabulary, they teach ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題