密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 你地點睇!!! (關於local 同 IS)
樓主: tokwawan
go

你地點睇!!! (關於local 同 IS) [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-2-3 11:44 |只看該作者
I am thinking of transferring my child to DGJS if possible, after attending Grade 1 of ESF.  The consideration is the Chinese language and localization.  However, this is a difficult choice (if there is a choice!).  Still debating!  The local educational system under the present ED is just horrible.  The major contributor to this problem is the ED itself.  Unless we can eliminate the ED and replaced it with the voucher system, let the user to have a choice, even the DGJS as a private school will eventually be damaged by the ED's power-thirst destructing move.

42#
發表於 09-2-3 11:52 |只看該作者
absoultely agreed. especially在如變化的年代,我們再不可以一成不變地把上一代的教下一代。不過,家長都要考慮財政的問題,因為一個月比$10k個小朋友去上學,真是要命的。

題外說話,為了孩子,我常來bk。我發覺bk的"國際學校"的家長的水平都很高!

43#
發表於 09-2-3 12:20 |只看該作者
i think there is no point to debate which is better...Someone loves Chinese Food and someone love French, someone love Italian...Everybody has his/her own "balance" in his/mind and they will know how good and how bad their choice is. 
Local School "fans" cannot persuade IS "fans" and vice versa.
I would like to point out there there are still many parents are still "weighing" merely Chinese standard amongst ISs and that is too simple (sometimes naive).
Language is simply a medium but not everything of our children education.
Language is always be "Fish and Bear's Paw" (unless u are genius).
Everybody has 24 hours. Once you spend more time on one side and you will be weaken at the other side.
To be honest, I'm fed up with the daily changing Education Policy in Hong Kong (I was struggling here for so many years). If i have a chance to give my children a mouth of fresh air (no matter it is poison or not), i will try my best to support (as long as I can still afford at such economic situation).
Never compare apple with orange. IS and Local School has many good students and bad students.
My experience is that "most" good students in local Top schools are not because of the school's effort (how much you can be benefited from teacher:student ratio 1:3x). Just because the hard-working and talent of the students themselves.
I "heard" (pls. correct me if i was wrong) amongst those top school, internal competition is very keen because the school managment themselves do mind their "ranking" by how many 9A 10A student from the public examinations and try their best to kick away "weaker" students to incerase their "average" standard.
I would congratulate to parents whose children are "auto-gearing" and can achieve very good academic result in those Top Local School.
However, 95% children do not belong to this group and are struggling by the changing system.
For those who want to "change" and can still afford the expenses, IS is definitely a good options.
Someone said its worthy to save one million from IS by studying in local school before going to University. It sounds reasonable. In fact, children studying in IS and local school for 12 years will definitely have different starting points and different encounters in their lives...worthy or not is 100% personal decision. No point for debate.

44#
發表於 09-2-3 12:51 |只看該作者
Onsen

[am thinking of transferring my child to DGJS if possible, after attending Grade 1 of ESF.  The consideration is the Chinese language and localization.  However, this is a difficult choice (if there is a choice!).  Still debating!  The local educational system under the present ED is just horrible.  The major contributor to this problem is the ED itself.  Unless we can eliminate the ED and replaced it with the voucher system, let the user to have a choice, even the DGJS as a private school will eventually be damaged by the ED's power-thirst destructing move.]

我只是有感「宜」発、絶不是指摘、ONSEN説考慮到中文程度問題、這個是理解的。  但説LOCALIZATION是何種意思?  指架構還是学生本地化?  架構方面、老師都是NATIVE的、学生本地化、這個就是理所当然、不「景」現在不再是港英時代、本地学生只会多、不会少的。  DGJS不是一所LOCAL的PRIVATE SCHOOL?  学生大多数也是本地的、対否? 小朋友習慣了ESF模式、転去DGJS実在非常辛苦、父母也是的。  中文問題、相信転去RC小朋友会容易適応点。
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

45#
發表於 09-2-3 12:58 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

46#
發表於 09-2-3 13:23 |只看該作者
<不計 $$, 唯一對某些人來說可能認為是缺點就是中文培訓不足。>

我不同意,還有....還有一樣....虛榮心,記得去年統一派位結果公報那天的電視新聞片嗎?一小女孩告訴記者抽到名校很開心,不用讀垃圾學校了!恐怖得很!我即時想起小女孩的媽媽(一定是女孩媽媽常掛在嘴邊的說話),再幻想女孩媽媽很巴閉地到處同人講,我個女讀XXX嫁!

47#
發表於 09-2-3 13:57 |只看該作者

48#
發表於 09-2-3 14:03 |只看該作者
hi all,

I am happy to discuss with all of you regarding this topic. Even though my son was accepted by Victoria Kindergarten (P1) for this semester, we are still trying our best to help me son to get a place at KBCK. We are not a rich family and my husband and I had bad experience when we studied in primary and secondary school. His teachers labelled him as a bad guy because he loved to ask questions in the class. I am not saying that he is a smart man but this kind of question kids are always being labelled as "bad guy" or "fussy guy" in my school too.

Regarding IS school, it is true that international school's students are more imaginative than locla school cause local schools rely heavy on memorising subjects and do not encourage individual imagination and thinking. They follow the normal route rather than find out a new route.

the disadvantage of the international school is that their chinese teaching is weaker than the local school cause their concentration is to prepare the overall growth of the child rather than exam results!!!!

49#
發表於 09-2-3 16:37 |只看該作者
There were several occasions in interviewing principals for local secondary schools.  The school supervisor asked the candidates to write a one page composition in English.  The results were horrible.  Most of the English standard are sub-par, some even have a grade 3 level of a comparable IS student.  Their Chinese are really no better either.  These candidates have attended the ED's certified Principal courses and ready to be school principals.   

As for teachers, some good, some bad, but the most disgusting thing is that the ED and the Teacher Union are protecting the poor teacher with their union-clad policies.  So, good teacher cannot stand it, while the bad one are expanding their power base.  

Sad!  

Free flow of ideas and encouragement of self-motivated studying are the most important part in education.  Choosing the IS or Local  is not just for English versus Chinese, it is way bigger than that.  (Philippine maids all speak good English!)  It is about the basic ingredient of education, foster a passion for knowledge among the youngsters.  Using this as the measuring rode, we can then judge the success of failure of an educational system.  

Where does HK stands?

[ 本帖最後由 Onsen 於 09-2-4 10:44 編輯 ]

50#
發表於 09-2-3 16:48 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

"一個月比$10k個小朋友去上學,真是要命的。"
owning a car is of the same cost?
carpark in your estate:3000,
carpark in your office:2000,
oil:2000
insurance:500
cost of a car:200000/12/3=5555

or taking two overse family trips everyyear is of the same cost?

depends on what your value is.

even in local schools, your private tutor fees would not be cheap.

[ 本帖最後由 mattsmum 於 09-2-3 17:33 編輯 ]

51#
發表於 09-2-3 17:35 |只看該作者
虛榮心?
其實,本來無一物,何處惹塵埃?

有人話名校/國際學校學生鬥靚車,鬥靚衫。
但係,我覺得好多時當事人本人根本沒有 show off 之意,講的冇心,聽的卻有意。

講個小故事,
曾經,有一個小學生 A,話比同學 B 聽自己爸爸係馬主,養了兩三隻馬,還問 B 爸爸有無養馬,結果 B 話佢養了兩隻狗。
B 回家話比家長知,家人讚佢答得好,話佢窒 A 窒得好應。後來還在 bk 討論,結果引來一眾家長聲援,話 B 叻仔。

我唔知 A 點諗,其實可能都係當傾閒計。
至於 B,似乎都只係將學校發生的事話比父母聽。

孩子其實都未必好似我地諗得咁複雜,好多時價值觀都係父母的主觀想法。唔知係唔係香港人比較現實,將好多事都複雜化?

52#
發表於 09-2-3 18:05 |只看該作者

53#
發表於 09-2-4 00:05 |只看該作者
junk food is junk but many people love to eat coz someone feels good when eating junk food...
That's the value of junk food...

原帖由 edexp 於 09-2-3 12:58 發表
我有不同嘅意見。

IS 與 local "教育模式與制度"嘅比較不是Chinese Food 與French Food 那種食物好味啲, 而是 Healthy Food 與 Junk Food 那種食物對小朋友較有利之比。

要比, local "教育模式與制度"跟本就無得比 ...

54#
發表於 09-2-4 09:01 |只看該作者
ESF is English food, others are Singapore, Canadian, American ...food..etc.. Most of them cannot classified as international food and the taste are totally different. There are only a few true international food in the market.
HK local food (education system) is adpated from English food (education system) with a chinese cook.  
I am impressed with the DSS system in HK which allows the local cook to make some special dishes which suite the taste of most Hongkongers. Most of my friends has eaten English food for long time during their childhood (boarding school in England) prefers to eat the new style local food (DSS school eg. SPCC). However those who have eaten Hong Kong style English food for long time (local graduate) prefer to eat the true English food (fish and chips).

原帖由 oooray 於 09-2-4 00:05 發表
junk food is junk but many people love to eat coz someone feels good when eating junk food...
That's the value of junk food...

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-2-4 11:59 編輯 ]

55#
發表於 09-2-4 09:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 matthewdad 於 09-2-4 09:01 發表
ESF is English food, others are Singapore, Cnadian, American ...food..etc.. Most of them cannot classified as international food and the taste are totally different. There are only a few true internat ...

The one we have in the past local school is only Eng / Chi fusion food. Yes, I like my kid to try pure Eng food, and I will cook them Chi food at home!

56#
發表於 09-2-4 11:21 |只看該作者
Agreed.

I feel like sending the kids to the UK for education (ESF) at 8.50-2.50 and picking them up home in Hong Kong for the rest hours of the day.

Try our best to cook our kids authentic Chinese food at home and teach/inspire them the respect and appreciation of our own Chinese identity / culture / language / country as well as local Hong Kong culture / pops / news. I think it helps migrate to what we call truely international or more international.

UK English school doesn't mean truely international to me. It is just the value of the education system and philosophy, and the language environment cultivating a native English level.

57#
發表於 09-2-4 13:57 |只看該作者

58#
發表於 09-2-4 16:03 |只看該作者
Quoted" 我的孩子也是從 local 轉至 IS, 轉了之後, 使我大開眼界, 目前本地"教育模式與制度"跟 IS 簡直無得比, 即使是 SPCC, DGS, DBS,..etc.,都絕對無得比"

It is good to know that you are happy and  大開眼界 after you try "fish and chips".  You will feel exicting and if you have chance to taste dishes from other countries and top class local/DSS.

I will let my kids have chance to try Sushi, Hamberger, Fish and chips, French liver and of course chinese dishes from QUALITY shops

原帖由 edexp 於 09-2-4 13:57 發表

正是這樣, 現在還有那麼多無知嘅人以為吃了 junk food後即時感覺良好而忽略了 junk food 所帶來的長遠不良後果。

此外, 這裹有人還不明白我所指 IS 與 local "教育模式與制度"嘅比較是 Healthy Food 與 Junk Food ...

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-2-4 16:06 編輯 ]

59#
發表於 09-2-4 16:55 |只看該作者

60#
發表於 09-2-5 03:45 |只看該作者
"Choosing the IS or Local  is not just for English versus Chinese, it is way bigger than that.  It is about the basic ingredient of education, foster a passion for knowledge among the youngsters.  Using this as the measuring rode, we can then judge the success of failure of an educational system."

--> can't agree more

我開始傾向, 學習的內容(eg 那種語言) 非主要入讀那種學校的原因, 重點是學習的態度和方法. 如果以此為目標, 我想is會是比較好的選擇.

也認同有家長說及我所憂心的文化認同問題上, 只要家庭做得好, 我想小朋友仍然可以認識中國文化香港文化.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題