密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 972|回覆: 3
go

P1 - Maths G2

發表於 09-1-13 12:14 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all P1 Maths G2 parents,

I started to concern about the G2 Maths Class.

I have been coaching my kid intensively on Maths from start of the term as I found him not fully follow the syllabus.  Initially, I thought it was only the problem of my kid but have heard similar cases from other parents (at least another 5-6).  I am not sure whether Ms Chan has effectively delivered her class.

Besides, I heard from my kid that it has been quite noisy during the Maths class and hence he could not listen clearly from the teacher but this did not happen in other classes.  The problem seems to include her management of the class.

Anyone want to  share your views before I start the conversation with the teacher / school as I want to make sure this is the real and generic case, not my specific case nor my kid's intepretation.

Besides, yesterday's Maths homework was to write the number from 10 to 20 which had been done well ahead of Christmas.  I do not know the objective of re-writing these again.  If it is for sake of spelling / memorizing, I believe there should be other ways that could work more effectively - I personally reckon writing is the least value-added way.  I am happy to have more exercises rather than writing in Maths.

發表於 09-1-13 20:39 |顯示全部帖子
Monkeydad

My girl said some classsmates could not spell the number words, so they had to re-write the words.
And Ms Chan let the boy/girl who talking in maths  class  to stand up, and her classmate always found the pencils/erasor or borrow the pencils during the class.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-1-13 12:14 發表
Dear all P1 Maths G2 parents,

I started to concern about the G2 Maths Class.

I have been coaching my kid intensively on Maths from start of the term as I found him not fully follow the syllabus.  In ...

發表於 09-1-14 11:31 |顯示全部帖子
Monkeydad,

I'm not in G2 Maths, so have no idea on the overall class situation. If the teaching skill is not so effective, it should be reflected to the school. But if you talking about re-writing the no. homework which also need to check with the teacher, I think it would be quite hard for the teacher to executive their teaching objective in the future. Also the teacher will get a lot of pressure in this aspect.   

It must hv some reason behind like most of the childern still can't 100% remember all the no.  To me I don't mind my child to do it again as it just use 0.5 hr max.

發表於 09-1-14 13:08 |顯示全部帖子
pink-l,

Thanks for your sharing.

In fact, I do not have strong objection to re-write the numbers but just doubt whether this is be the most efficient way to have the kids memorized these - I personally do not agree on this.