用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 2039|回覆: 5
go

ADVICE FROM G2 to G4

發表於 09-1-12 10:59 |顯示全部帖子
I want to ask what do you think your children learn from school about chinese & enlish language?

Do you need to get extra studies from outside for these both language?

發表於 09-6-2 10:32 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 2# bblaw 的文章

My daughter is also a Grade 3 student. Up to now, my daughter and me like this school very much. Their teaching method likes international one, only pay more attention to Chinese. It is very difficult for you to compare the standard with other traditional school.
Moreover, do you think that achievement is equal to condut?

發表於 09-6-1 02:31 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 bblaw 於 09-5-31 20:05 發表
How about the standard of WKF, a bad comment on other forum. The parent was very angry to the school , Is it too bad?

Hi, I saw you asked about WKF few times, My kid is a p3 student of this school, I will try to tell you what I feel.

I can't say WKF is the best school or a very good school. But it is not a bad school. I am happy with it.

I can't tell you the standard of this school, as I don't know how to judge it.

WKF have more news than other similar DSS school, I can only guess some of the reason.

It looks like I should start it from the begining. I heard that in the begining the kids from HKBU Kinde were surpposed to go to WKF directly, but the old principal who resigned two years ago changed the whole arrengement, one fo her reason was that some of those kids were not good enough. You can imagine that could hurt people very much. The result was that at least some of HKBU Kinde parents were hurted and the bourd(that is HKBU) would had diffirent views with the old principal. I can't say the old principal was good or bad because I don't know. But the way she resigned was bad, she announsed her resignation throught the pre-PTA meetings. So it became a big issue and it was on the newspaper. Some students left the school because of this. Since the old principal could do such things, I have to conclude that it is good she left.

The other issue is a parent of a student with the special learning need was not happy with the school. They left but their hard feeling about this school can't go so they are keeping warning the other parents all the time.

Many people ask about the current principals. I know the primary principal and the chief principal are from international school(they were principal before), they both have chinese background. I guess they must be working harder than the westener to become a principal in westener's placees. My good wish is that, since they are good at international school system, they will naturnally build up our chinese school with the westen element. It is not easy, it may not work out, anyway I should thank them to come to the chinese school and take the risk with me.

發表於 09-5-31 20:05 |顯示全部帖子
How about the standard of WKF, a bad comment on other forum. The parent was very angry to the school , Is it too bad?

發表於 09-4-20 11:08 |顯示全部帖子
I think it much depends on the kids ability, my kids' english and PTH is quite OK since Kindergarten, as I think foundation is very important.

I feel the student is improving when studying A-school.  because most of them are spending quite a lot of time on reading books, (Not textbook). However, my kid telling me that some of the classmates, their 'phonics' is a bit weak that make them a bit slow improvment in learning Language,

in my opinion, try to find private tutors for the kid to emphasis the English phonics and the PTH's 拼音 at least one year.   the best think is to do it before P.2, then I am sure they can manage to fit into the learning subject and can be improved a lot....  anyway, never too late to learn.....

發表於 09-4-1 23:27 |顯示全部帖子
點解沒有同學家長回應呢?