用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 KBCK interview letter??
查看: 2988|回覆: 22
go

KBCK interview letter??

發表於 09-1-7 00:07 |顯示全部帖子
I want to know if anyone receives the letter from KBCK about interview (2009 entry).

Has anyone got this yet?

In the website, they say the applicants will be informed in january and be invited for the interview in january 2009.
However, until now I receive nothing.

Do I need to call them up?

Thanks.
Maria

發表於 09-1-7 10:37 |顯示全部帖子
Maria,

I think you can call the office for the exact interview time (probably February), as the lady said previously the letter will be sent out in January.  As I have also applied KBCK, I will let you know upon receipt.

Regards,
Iris

原帖由 YYFUNG 於 09-1-7 00:07 發表
I want to know if anyone receives the letter from KBCK about interview (2009 entry).

Has anyone got this yet?

In the website, they say the applicants will be informed in january and be invited for t ...

發表於 09-1-7 17:17 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Maria

I've received the letter today and invited to have a school tour in March, they didn't said 'interview' but a chat w/ parents & the child :)

Has Ava get a place at ESF (as I remembered u've mentioned in other forum)? So which one will u prefer?

Has anyone got this yet?

In the website, they say the applicants will be informed in january and be invited for t ...

發表於 09-1-7 22:42 |顯示全部帖子
Maria,

I received an invitation letter today and mine is scheduled on 9 February.  Have you received a letter otherwise call the office.

Regards,
Iris

Has anyone got this yet?

發表於 09-1-7 22:42 |顯示全部帖子
Dear iris.
Happy to meet you again.
I've received the letter tonight when back to home.
They need us to be there at 1:00 pm on 4 February.
Do you get this yet?
Talk to you soon.
Maria

原帖由 iristony625 於 09-1-7 10:37 發表
Maria,

I think you can call the office for the exact interview time (probably February), as the lady said previously the letter will be sent out in January.  As I have also applied KBCK, I will let y ...

發表於 09-1-7 22:52 |顯示全部帖子
Dear mirrorng.
We meet again...How's Henry now?

Thanks for telling me. I fnally have the letter. They tell us to come on 4 february at 1 o'clock

We got the acceptance letter from ESF and had them invite us for a tour on 9 Feb.

We do not understand ESF well - it is a reason we send in the application for the chance of school tour. If we dont think it is not worthwhile for its school fee, we may skip it. (Anyway they do not gurantee you a place to p1 n ESF)

Very honestly we are very much towards KBCK, Starters, something like this. If no schools accept the kid, we may let her stay in the same English nursery she is studying. The school are very down-to-earth, and the kid is very happy.

Talk2U.

Maria

原帖由 mirrorng 於 09-1-7 17:17 發表
Hi Maria

I've received the letter today and invited to have a school tour in March, they didn't said 'interview' but a chat w/ parents & the child :)

Has Ava get a place at ESF (as I remembered u've ...

發表於 09-1-8 13:20 |顯示全部帖子
Maria,

I just switched Henry to YMCA pre-k this week and, he just keep crying & asking for mami. Hope he can get w/ it soon.

For ESF, Robert said there's no classroom & is a bit noisy & my hus said it's too far away (half hour for driving or 1 hour for school bus, not very good for kid he said), so it's also not our first choice.

原帖由 YYFUNG 於 09-1-7 22:52 發表
Dear mirrorng.
We meet again...How's Henry now?

Thanks for telling me. I fnally have the letter. They tell us to come on 4 february at 1 o'clock

We got the acceptance letter from ESF and had them in ...

[ 本帖最後由 mirrorng 於 09-1-8 18:45 編輯 ]

發表於 09-1-8 14:25 |顯示全部帖子
Hi mirrorng.
Do you mean K1 in YMCA?

Do you mean you stop putting Henry in Anfield playgroup?

Maria

原帖由 mirrorng 於 09-1-8 13:20 發表
Maria,

I just switched Henry to YMCA this week and, he just keep crying & asking for mami. Hope he can get w/ it soon.

For ESF, Robert said there's no classroom & is a bit noisy & my hus said it's t ...

發表於 09-1-8 14:38 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Mirrorng,

I think you are Henry's mom, my boy is Alvin, our boys had been in the same class for several terms.  Why you transfer to YMCA and withdraw from Anfield.

Regards,
Iris

原帖由 mirrorng 於 09-1-8 13:20 發表
Maria,

I just switched Henry to YMCA this week and, he just keep crying & asking for mami. Hope he can get w/ it soon.

For ESF, Robert said there's no classroom & is a bit noisy & my hus said it's t ...

發表於 09-1-8 21:42 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Alvin's mom & Maria,

Oh, he's in YMCA Pre-K.

Though Robert is really good & built up good relationship w/ Henry (he's asking me to find Robert these days), the pre-pro class isn't work well since only 1 teacher in the class that he couldn't control the child from crying or running around when the caretaker go out.

YMCA is our first choice now cause they let the child to use the facilities in the building e.g. swimming pool, rock climbing room, podium garden, assembly hall...etc.

原帖由 YYFUNG 於 09-1-8 14:25 發表
Hi mirrorng.
Do you mean K1 in YMCA?

Do you mean you stop putting Henry in Anfield playgroup?

Maria

發表於 09-1-9 11:09 |顯示全部帖子
Hello mirrorng.
Could you tell me more about YMCA pre-K?
They do not offer pre-K before. D
Do they have any information posted on the website?

We have also sent in the application to YMCA TST for their K1.
Not yet sending us any interview letter.
The attraction to us is they offer full day class in K2 and the activities they provide.

But my hestitation to this school is the structure of the students. (maybe you think I am too superficial.)
Are there many non-Chinese speaking students?

Kind regards,
Maria

原帖由 mirrorng 於 09-1-8 21:42 發表
Hi Alvin's mom & Maria,

Oh, he's in YMCA Pre-K.

Though Robert is really good & built up good relationship w/ Henry (he's asking me to find Robert these days), the pre-pro class isn't work well since ...

發表於 09-1-9 11:31 |顯示全部帖子
請分享 KBCK

KBCK 幾多人一班
全英文 有無國語呢?
小學多數上邊間IS?

請指教?

發表於 09-1-9 13:13 |顯示全部帖子
Dear JojoB.

You may see this.
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1694397&extra=page%3D1

The reply from YLau is very informative. She / He has her/ his child studing in K2 currently.

Maria

原帖由 JojoB 於 09-1-9 11:31 發表
請分享 KBCK

KBCK 幾多人一班
全英文 有無國語呢?
小學多數上邊間IS?

請指教?

發表於 09-1-9 17:44 |顯示全部帖子
sure, it's pure english & they have 3 classrooms on the 2nd floor of the church, no private playground

Maria, pls check PM

請分享 KBCK

KBCK 幾多人一班
全英文 有無國語呢?
小學多數上邊間IS?

請指教?

發表於 09-1-13 13:19 |顯示全部帖子
hi Maria,  pls check message.

原帖由 YYFUNG 於 09-1-9 11:09 發表
Hello mirrorng.
Could you tell me more about YMCA pre-K?
They do not offer pre-K before. D
Do they have any information posted on the website?

We have also sent in the application to YMCA TST for the ...

發表於 09-1-13 15:44 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 mirrorng 於 09-1-9 17:44 發表
sure, it's pure english & they have 3 classrooms on the 2nd floor of the church, no private playground

Maria, pls check PM

so how's its placement?

發表於 09-1-13 21:45 |顯示全部帖子
Each class has ~ 20 kids.

K1, AM class x 1; PM class x 2
K2 AM class x 2, PM class x 1

100% English.
In 2007 class, most of them went to ESF and some go to other IS. Only a few ( 6 of them) do not apply to IS because the parents put them in local schools.

請分享 KBCK

KBCK 幾多人一班
全英文 有無國語呢?
小學多數上邊間IS?

請指教?

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-1-13 21:48 編輯 ]

發表於 09-1-14 10:20 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for your information.

May I know any info about interivew?

We will have an interivew on 26 Feb.

發表於 09-1-14 16:22 |顯示全部帖子
If you are invited for interview => there are seat for your kid unless the supervisor cannot communicate with your kid in English. Last year, the atmosphere is very relaxing, the supervisor play "Thomas Train" toys with your kid for a while.
FYI, they will give you verbal acceptance after the interview.
原帖由 JojoB 於 09-1-14 10:20 發表
Thank you for your information.

May I know any info about interivew?

We will have an interivew on 26 Feb.

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-1-14 16:23 編輯 ]

發表於 09-1-14 16:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 matthewdad 於 09-1-14 16:22 發表
If you are invited for interview => there are seat for your kid unless the supervisor cannot communicate with your kid in English. Last year, the atmosphere is very relaxing, the supervisor play "Thom ...

thank you for your message.  
Hope our interview goes smoothly.