密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anfield 入 ESF 機會大嗎
查看: 4587|回覆: 22
go

Anfield 入 ESF 機會大嗎

發表於 09-1-6 22:08 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Parents,

Are you children graduated from Anfield and enter ESF e.g. Shatin Junior or RC ??  Can share the experience ?

What is the ESF entry rate for Anfield students ??

發表於 09-1-7 09:40 |顯示全部帖子
Dear workmama,

Will your child study K1 at Anfield in the coming September.  Mine will be am class.

Regards,
Iris

原帖由 workmama 於 09-1-6 22:08 發表
Dear Parents,

Are you children graduated from Anfield and enter ESF e.g. Shatin Junior or RC ??  Can share the experience ?

發表於 09-1-7 19:23 |顯示全部帖子

Anfield

My daughter is K1 now, next year, we have to apply P1...

發表於 09-1-7 23:12 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Workmama, iristony625

I am new at this forum and maybe we should discuss and analyse in this way.

ESF Catchment
As many know, in the past years, it is getting harder & harder for non-ESF kinder pupils (and for ESF Kinder Cat 2 because of lower priority) to enter ESF P1 as the competition is very high particularly parents want children to study at Shatin Junior, Kowloon Junior, Beacon Hill, Clearwater Bay.  The population in these areas are very high and possibly due to the large catchment zones classified by ESF.  The competition for ESFs at HK Island are lesser because of small catchment and the effect of other good International School choices at HK Island.

ESF Kinder Cat 1 & Cat 2 Students vs Non-ESF students
ESF Kinder Cat 1 students are easily allowed to have P1 interview as they are classified as high priority than Category 2.   Even it is true that ESF kinder Cat 2 students have higher priority (of having inteview) than non-ESF kinder students and as such Anfield students are not treated as higher priority as Cat 1.  There is a increasing no. of Cat 1 students outside ESF. This is possibly due to economic downturn. The expat families (they are treated as Cat 1) are interested in ESF because the school fees are lower when compared to other ISs.  If you look at forum here discussed about ESF Abacus Kinder, you will realise why a lot of expat families (as a lot of them living in Sai Kung areas, I suppose) are applying for Clearwater Bay School.  This has affected the chance for Cat 2 students of having interview and that is way they are put on waiting list for interviews.  Despite studying at ESF Abacus Kinder, there is no guarantee (mostly for Cat 2, I suppose) to have ESF P1 interview.

English is important irrespective of students from Anfield or ESF kinders
Although most of students from Anfield can enter ESF (according to Anfield website), I think there is no guarantee.  It does not mean that Anfield/ Abacus cat 2 or other kinders students' Engligh are at low standard.  It is the ESF's policy to open the door for Cat 1 students first.  Having said that I believe Anfield has been trying/ will try best to make sure that every student has an interview.  From what I have been told, the students at Anfield are enjoying very good English environment, outspoken in English and confident.  It may not be wiser to rely on which kinder(s) having a higher percentage of entering into ESF.  From what I am doing is to try best to teach & speak in English at home with kid.  I hope these preparations will be beneficial to my kid in future and get ready for non-ESF school interviews or ESF school interview (if it is so lucky).  I found there are some useful guidelines at ESF website about Year 1 entry requirements and the suggested fun ways to increase child's confidence.  It worths reading and following it.

Do you agree teaching the kid from young age with a high level of English proficiency is more important ?

BR

發表於 09-1-9 04:17 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Mornington 於 09-1-7 23:12 發表
Dear Workmama, iristony625

I am new at this forum and maybe we should discuss and analyse in this way.

ESF Catchment
As many know, in the past years, it is getting harder & harder for non-ESF kind ...

It is a very good summary of what we have been talking about ESF in the past few months. My daughter is in Abacus and I share the same view as what you said.

Yes, start to teach your kids English when he / she is born, if you want to put them in ESF. I read at least one story book per night to my daughter since she is 2, and now she has roughly 300 story books already..... you need to invest your money (ESF Kinder is not cheap anyway), time (spend at least 1-2 hour with them even you are working parents) and heart too! 95% of what we are talking (daily conversation), listening (TV, Music) and reading are English, not very easy for Chinese family...

Good luck to all ESF Y1 applicants who are or will have interviews!

發表於 09-1-9 16:33 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-1-9 21:43 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 edexp 於 09-1-9 16:33 發表
其實 ESF 小一面試對小朋友英語程度之要求並不是想像般高, 最難是是否有機會參與面試。

香港土生土長嘅小朋友冇需為了入ESF 小學或其他 IS小學而自細只接觸英文而放棄接觸自己嘅母語, 父母用自己嘅母語跟幼兒溝通對 ...

聽學校講ESF會派人去作初步觀察, 叫小朋友Interview個時唔好講中文應該冇問題, 但想問如果係係學校初步觀察時同同學仔講咗1句半句中文, 咁點算呀?? 你知有時會有機會係其他小朋友講中文先架嘛.

發表於 09-1-12 12:40 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-1-13 11:09 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-1-13 12:11 |顯示全部帖子
Dear workmama,

Please check PM.

Regards,
Iris

原帖由 workmama 於 09-1-6 22:08 發表
Dear Parents,

發表於 09-1-13 16:37 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-1-13 17:47 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-1-13 18:08 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-1-14 15:20 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-1-14 16:31 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-1-14 16:42 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-1-14 17:56 |顯示全部帖子
sorry, there is a diff experience from my son, my son is in RC grade 2 now, and he joined RC in the last aug after K3. In the 2nd interview of RC, the officer tested my son mandarin and chinese writing level also, so there maybe a little bit diff between RC and other ESF.

發表於 09-1-15 09:29 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-1-15 20:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 YLau 於 09-1-14 16:42 發表
Thank you so much edexp.

I heard from others that this year they have 7 children in a group to have interview.
In her case, 2 children bring out by teacher and stay there to talk with their parents. ...

妳所講係啱的,通常要父母留低都係唔收,,,,,

發表於 09-1-16 02:03 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

iristony625 ,

Please check your PM.:)