用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 When to start piano / music lessons?
樓主: Birdsuper
go

When to start piano / music lessons? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-1-13 10:34 |只看該作者
My son is 2 yrs 5 mths old now and he joined Little Mozart in Parson's Music for 5 lessons.  Actually, I didn't compare the course outside but just want to have some time to accompany with him during weekend near my home as I'm a working mum.

As my son is still too young, I don't expect that he can learn a lot and fully understand the musical notes. But we really enjoy an hour there.

The course is quite simple so far, like:
1.  sing some songs and dance
2.  coloring (actually there is a workbook for them to understand some musical knowledge)
3.  let them touch the piano for low/high sound and some keys
4.  let them know the fingers name

He enjoyed the course so much and likes the teacher.  The teacher always encourage them after finished a job.  Like give them a stamp, a sticker or candies.  Cos you know a 2.5yrs-old boy cannot concentrate always (especially when he's sleepy), sometimes he didn't follow the instruction. But when I reviewed those topics at home, he knows and remember.  

I don't know how to play piano but I studied flute before.  When I was student at primary school, we studied Do-Re-Mi.  But when I studied flute at secondary school, we studied ABCDEFG.  I need time to adjust.  So, I think it would be better to learn ABCDEFG rather than Do-Re-Mi.  No matter how, children are still young and easy to adjust/learn things if they are interest to do so.  Just like when they play TV-games, even they don't understand Japanese but can play very well and remember the location of the monsters...

42#
發表於 09-1-13 22:18 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

43#
發表於 09-1-14 00:52 |只看該作者
咁可能真係咁arm我仔個miss無做, 我都覺得搵返教開既miss會好d, 起碼小朋友唔洗再重新適應

原帖由 huanghou 於 09-1-13 08:26 發表
It was kind of a coincidence that my son is taking piano lesson from that teacher.

My friend told me she knows a teacher but she is living not too close from my place. As I am not too sure when my so ...

44#
發表於 09-1-14 06:31 |只看該作者
Thank you so much wootaitai, your info is very helpful.

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-1-13 10:18 PM 發表
My daughter's  class size was 3 kids ( I go to Bonham Road) and I think the maximum is 8. I think it was good for her to start in a group class so its less intimidating.. its like playing with other k ...

45#
發表於 09-1-15 17:27 |只看該作者
Thanks for ur comments!

原帖由 huanghou 於 09-1-12 21:27 發表
do u think little mozart really helps your son learns paino? I would say so because the course focuses more on theory which prepared my son with the basic when he started taking piano lesson. I learnt ...
感謝天父所賜一切恩惠, 我們誠心感謝您, 因主耶穌基督之名, 亞孟。

46#
發表於 09-1-15 17:30 |只看該作者
mypang,

Happy to know ur son enjoy his lesson. May I know the course ur son joined is new or old version mozart?

原帖由 mypang 於 09-1-13 10:34 發表
My son is 2 yrs 5 mths old now and he joined Little Mozart in Parson's Music for 5 lessons.  Actually, I didn't compare the course outside but just want to have some time to accompany with him during  ...

47#
發表於 09-1-15 22:07 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

mypang,

Do you take the 1 hour course or 45 min course? Which branch of Parsons do you go to?

48#
發表於 09-1-16 22:51 |只看該作者
I joined little mozart when baby expo last year as had discount.  It's 1 hour lesson that the staffs didn't told me whether it's old or new version.

No matter old or new, the concept for musical notes and theory will not change.  I think the most important is small group (we have only 3 children) and whether your kid enjoys in the lesson.

My son speaks in English.  His teacher is very nice.  Even she teaches by Cantonese, when it's my son's turn to answer questions, she repeats by English.

49#
發表於 09-1-16 22:54 |只看該作者
And, my son joined Mongkok Parson...

50#
發表於 09-2-1 00:49 |只看該作者
My son will be 3 yrs 2 mths old by mid April.  I wonder whether to let him join the Little Mozarts BB Class (for 2.5-3 yr 2mths) now or the one for older kids (3 yr 3 mth) in April (seats will be available by then) at Parsons.  Any suggestions?

51#
發表於 09-2-1 22:16 |只看該作者
Have you think about to let your son join the Kinship Piano Class (親親童樂鋼琴班) ?
My son is now 3 yrs old, I'm planning to join
the class started from Aug 09 at Festival Walk
Parsons Music Centre.

原帖由 floppybb 於 09-2-1 00:49 發表
My son will be 3 yrs 2 mths old by mid April.  I wonder whether to let him join the Little Mozarts BB Class (for 2.5-3 yr 2mths) now or the one for older kids (3 yr 3 mth) in April (seats will be avai ...

52#
發表於 09-2-2 09:24 |只看該作者
of course choose the one for older kids (3yr 3mth) in April.

My son starts little mozarts yesterday (old version for 2.5-3.5yr), teacher is nice and patience and the lesson is funny and happy. The lesson content all about the preparation for learining piano, exactly what I want, but perhaps a bit difficult for my 2yr 4mth old son. Obviously, his 2yr 8mth old girl and 3yr old boy classmates are much more easy to catch up .

原帖由 floppybb 於 09-2-1 00:49 發表
My son will be 3 yrs 2 mths old by mid April.  I wonder whether to let him join the Little Mozarts BB Class (for 2.5-3 yr 2mths) now or the one for older kids (3 yr 3 mth) in April (seats will be avai ...

53#
發表於 09-2-3 12:24 |只看該作者
Yes.  Older kids class is better.  My son's class has 4 students, including my son, 3 of them are just 2.5 yrs-old and the other one is 3 yrs-old.  The 3-yrs-old boy is easier to handle the course content and his discipline is better... at least he can sit properly...  

54#
發表於 09-2-3 16:05 |只看該作者
anyone join the little mozarts in Tuen Mun Ctr?  i have enrolled for my daughter and the class will start in the end or Feb..........any comment?? thanks a lot!!

55#
發表於 09-2-3 18:09 |只看該作者
Exactly! Older kids can sit properly and willing to answer teacher's questions and follow the instructions. In my son's 1st lesson, I thought he was not enough patience to sit for one hour and always answer teacher's questions after asking 3 times. Hope he could get used to such lesson style and really could learn more about music, at the same time, enjoy himself.

原帖由 mypang 於 09-2-3 12:24 發表
My son's class has 4 students, including my son, 3 of them are just 2.5 yrs-old and the other one is 3 yrs-old.  The 3-yrs-old boy is easier to handle the course content and his discipline is better... at least he can sit properly...  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題