Thanks,
Mimia

原帖由 curry123 於 09-1-5 10:44 PM 發表
please check PM>
mimia

發表於 09-1-6 14:44 |顯示全部帖子
喜歡蔡繼有的,就不會喜歡德望,若$不是問題,其實應該很容易選擇。

原帖由 mimia810 於 09-1-6 12:27 發表
CKY and Good Hope.  Which one you would choose?
Thanks,
Mimia

發表於 09-1-6 14:53 |顯示全部帖子
有一個家長說得很好,小學及幼稚園就鼓催兩文三語,而到中學,學校為保其地位,可能祇會選擇單一以英語教學,由兩文三語變成單一語文,會否覺得有點倒退呢。

在此政策下,英語能力是否真的能提高呢?真的頓成疑問。先決條件,如何提高體育、美術及音樂等老師的英語水平呢?在資源配備不足的條件下,政府很大可能將會攪出另一個大頭佛出來呢!

原帖由 TaoTaoMa 於 09-1-5 21:03 發表
大家唔知有無睇新聞,什麼微調方案,又什麼分科分時段方式英文教學,又取消中中英中,我由昨日至今日,聽多次新聞睇多次報紙,我都唔係好明政府又想點改個教育方式,既然蔡繼有的強項係英文及普通話,孩子們就唔洗再做政府的白老鼠了 ...

發表於 09-1-6 17:15 |顯示全部帖子

MOI Policy U-turn

I also agree with TaoTaoMa's views on the upcoming 'finetuning' proposal on the medium of instruction (MOI).

The crux of MOI problem stems from the 'labelling' effect due to the classification of EMI and CMI.  The 'finetuning' on the policy is likely to produce even more labels.  I would expect some schools to claim "all English classes"; some having "3 Eng classes"; some even claiming to have "no Chinese classes" as ways to differentiate themselves from the worse/worst.

No longer will there be EMI or CMI, but even finer classifications - is that what the educators or parents are looking for?

The outright opposing views of Michael Tien and the principal of Tsung Tsin on the policy U-turn are noteworthy.

Apologies for being off the topic.
原帖由 TaoTaoMa 於 09-1-5 21:03 發表
大家唔知有無睇新聞,什麼微調方案,又什麼分科分時段方式英文教學,又取消中中英中,我由昨日至今日,聽多次新聞睇多次報紙,我都唔係好明政府又想點改個教育方式,既然蔡繼有的強項係英文及普通話,孩子們就唔洗再做政府的白老鼠了 ...

發表於 09-1-6 17:54 |顯示全部帖子
請問大家註冊日期是那一天?我是在waiting list 中,希望知道後會盡早知道有冇份。多謝!

發表於 09-1-6 18:39 |顯示全部帖子
Disappointed! On Waiting List....

發表於 09-1-6 18:43 |顯示全部帖子
Agree
原帖由 TaoTaoMa 於 09-1-5 20:47 發表
我又咁睇,一般直資或者私校,學費大概都要$2XXX-$3XXX左右,但尚未計課餘同小朋友補習英文及普通
話的費用,在蔡繼有讀,英文同普通話根本係強項,慳回補習的費用,咪又係差唔多!再加上用幾億去興建嘅新校舍,小朋友又點會讀得唔開心 ...

發表於 09-1-6 18:46 |顯示全部帖子
When is the register date of all successful ones?

發表於 09-1-6 22:33 |顯示全部帖子
From next Monday to next Friday.

原帖由 Eh-oh 於 09-1-6 18:46 發表

發表於 09-1-6 23:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Eh-oh 於 09-1-6 18:39 發表
Disappointed! On Waiting List....

你已經好好架啦, 我個仔waiting都無呀, 唔使唔開心

發表於 09-1-6 23:54 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Curry123, Could you please also PM me the info?  Many thanks.

原帖由 curry123 於 09-1-5 22:44 發表
please check PM>

發表於 09-1-7 11:59 |顯示全部帖子
The registration period will be from January 12 until January 16 (2:00pm - 5:00pm).

原帖由 Eh-oh 於 09-1-6 18:46 發表

發表於 09-1-7 12:13 |顯示全部帖子
小兒現在讀k2,想請教報讀CKY的路:
1) 何時有學校簡介會
2) 報名時需遞交怎樣的PORTFOLIO
3) 面試情形
孩子最好有何裝備?
謝謝分享

發表於 09-1-7 12:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 vickichan 於 09-1-6 23:27 發表

你已經好好架啦, 我個仔waiting都無呀, 唔使唔開心

Do you reject after 2nd interview or you have no 2nd interview and rejected?

發表於 09-1-8 00:20 |顯示全部帖子
My son got admitted to CKY + some other DSS schools.

My experience + answer your questions,

(1) Interview briefing is around Sept

(2) Allow to submit a 4 page or 2 sheet (both sides) portfolio

(3) 1st interview, kids are asked (a) to do some physical activities eg hold ball between thighs and jump to the other end of the hall, (b) stick some simple Chinese and English words onto a picture eg the word chick next to the chick on a farm picture etc and (c) some puzzles and matching games. 2nd interview, 3 children in a group meet with the principal + 1 teacher and simple questions (children take turn to asnwer the same question) such as what the child did in the last weekend and some related questions based on the answer the child provide. Parents are interviewed separately and simple questions such as why CKY, your views on education etc.

(4) I truly think the child cannot be prepared for the CKY interviews except for brushing up storytelling skills. I believe they look for confident children who can express themselves well. Certificates and a sparkling portfolio do not help at all.

Hope the above helps.

Rgds

e

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-1-7 12:13 發表
小兒現在讀k2,想請教報讀CKY的路:
1) 何時有學校簡介會
2) 報名時需遞交怎樣的PORTFOLIO
3) 面試情形
孩子最好有何裝備?
謝謝分享

發表於 09-1-8 17:05 |顯示全部帖子
1)  The P1 talk is around Sep / Oct, you need to click into CKY website and enroll in advance.

2)  They don't accept portfolio and other certificates, only a 2-sheet A4 size letter with the application form and latest school reports.  You must submite the application by hand and they will inform you the interview date and time immediately.

3)  The 1st interview is in group, it just like a game for the kid, no pressure at all.  The kids are happy when they came back from interview with candy and stickers.  They use both Cantonese and English and the content is very similar as the previous parent's answer.  My daughter liked the game with the jumping ball.  They also show her 4 pictures and asked which picture the girl did is correct --- my daughter told me that picture showing a girl threw the rubbish into the rubbish bin; draw a picture according to the description of the teacher.  While the kids are entering into the interview room, parent is required to fill-in an open-question questerionair about why you choose CKY, how you would cooperate with the school about the kid's education.

2nd interview question to my daughter is what you want to be when you grow up (asking in English) and the question to me is if you kid told you that she was fought by her classsmate at school, how you would react with her? (also asking in English).

All the best.  For my opinion, no need to wear just like a gentleman with tie and suit, I saw so many cases like that and I really think that it is not necessary!  Speak with the kid in English daily, it is with great help for his interview.

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-1-7 12:13 發表
小兒現在讀k2,想請教報讀CKY的路:
1) 何時有學校簡介會
2) 報名時需遞交怎樣的PORTFOLIO
3) 面試情形
孩子最好有何裝備?
謝謝分享