教育王國 討論區 小一選校 TSL secondary allocation
樓主: Tommum
go

TSL secondary allocation

發表於 08-12-2 22:43 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 08-12-2 22:49 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 belle 於 08-12-2 22:43 發表
I totally agree with you "一分錢一分貨". If you were rich, would TSL be your first choice??"  If no, why???
If yes, I think TSL is really a dream school, go for it and I believe your son can study the ...

哈哈....有錢就當然去英國讀啦! 唔洗留係香港做填鴨仔填鴨妹

發表於 08-12-2 22:50 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 08-12-2 22:52 |顯示全部帖子
We may not be rich but CKY is affordable to us.  Still we picked TSL over CKY for many reasons.  

We happened to know a local teacher leaving a school with 50% "NET" teachers and 50% local teachers (not CKY, but a school with similar teaching style).  She said that all the NET teachers were high-paid but they did not care a lot about administration, discipline, student caring and all those work are left for the local teachers with lower salary.  The morale among the local teachers was very poor.  
Please don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that CKY is neccessarily like that.  My point is, having too many NET teachers in a school may not neccessarily be translated to good teaching.  

I totally agree with you "一分錢一分貨". If you were rich, would TSL be your first choice??"  If no, why???
If yes, I think TSL is really a dream school, go for it and I believe your son can study the ...

[ 本帖最後由 kaifu 於 08-12-2 23:01 編輯 ]

發表於 08-12-2 22:56 |顯示全部帖子
there is no such thing as a good accent or bad accent.  Native speakers speak with their own accents, even if they are coming from the same country.  I am not sure what kind of good accent you are refering to?  

原帖由 belle 於 08-12-2 22:50 發表
I agree with you that not all teachers in CKY is NET teacher.  During the interview, I saw both Western and Chinese teachers, and their English are so good.  The CHinese teacher also has good accent.  ...

發表於 08-12-2 23:30 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kaifu 於 08-12-2 22:52 發表
We may not be rich but CKY is affordable to us.  Still we picked TSL over CKY for many reasons.  

We happened to know a local teacher leaving a school with 50% "NET" teachers and 50% local teachers ( ...

totally agree!!!!!!
"net" 真係好懶好麻煩 好net難求! btw, 我點都唔信所有好net去哂cky

發表於 08-12-3 01:42 |顯示全部帖子
我中學同學n年前去了星加坡做野, 後尾仲嫁鬼埋比波佬, 佢話星加坡一般人講既英文係singalish, 但佢同公司既行政人員開會, 佢地英文不至於講到鬼佬甘! 但字正腔圓. 唔好o林佢地既英文好似 "小孩不笨" 甘喎!

發表於 08-12-3 01:47 |顯示全部帖子
Obviously Belle believe "quei lo accent" is "good accent" and "quei lo teacher" must be good at English.
原帖由 silvia_ng 於 08-12-2 23:30 發表

totally agree!!!!!!
"net" 真係好懶好麻煩 好net難求! btw, 我點都唔信所有好net去哂cky

發表於 08-12-3 02:33 |顯示全部帖子
"一分錢一分貨" ---- 只可形容Native 的多少, 與教學質素無關.   更應尊重老師.    小學老師最重要係同學生的關係, 懂得鼓勵佢.    對於小學生, 一個有耐心ke老師重要過一個native ke教授.

HK而家好多native teacher speak with their own country’s GOOD accent, 令人好頭痛. D 小朋友ke accent 好似聯合國咁, d人唔介意, 因為比左好多錢.   但講深一層, 其實我地要ke係佢地肯講, 敢表達.    HK高官, 名校校長有幾多個accent真係好!  語言ke作用係先表達, 唔係做show.

唔介意講句, HK一般HK人讀得ke國際學校d 學生係一口所謂外國accent, New York   New York City都差好遠. 莫講KING Language.   說話最重要係斯文, 清楚, 用字精確.

有錢都要衡量好多利弊, 各行其是. 仔女是自己的, 取向是父母的.

[ 本帖最後由 mamimummy 於 08-12-3 16:02 編輯 ]

發表於 08-12-3 09:36 |顯示全部帖子
口音是很難界定好與壞,英國北部的口音難聽過乜,所以我覺得其實孩子能培育出no accent就已經是100分了。

TSL的英語環境在本地學校中算是很好的了,雖然有些教師的口音可能較重,其實很多本地學校,就算是中學英語老師的口音都很重的,因為資源所限,所以亦不能太強求。但最重要是學校能令孩子自然以英語交流,就已經是優勢了。

就如一些家長所言,以TSL與CKY比較實在有點不公平,因為CKY的體制及資源投放與TSL都不同,而CKY亦不會參與334,所以很難比較。所以喜歡本地教育的家長,TSL已是一個不錯的選擇呢!

發表於 08-12-3 20:37 |顯示全部帖子
其實真係做international business都唔係個個外國人都字正腔圓, 英文都唔一定好, 因為有好多都有佢地自己既母語, 可能係德文, 法文, 西班牙文, 英文都係佢地既2nd language.  所以最緊要首先要識得聽, 敢講, 敢表達, 當然可以有鬼佬口音就更好啦, 不過我都覺得一分錢一分貨, tsl 同 cky 係好難比較.  但本地學校可以做到tsl既英語環境已經係好唔錯.

發表於 08-12-7 22:00 |顯示全部帖子
Just had a chance to view some campus TV progams at their website.  The spoken english proficiency of the TSL students is actually quite impressive.  Some Indian students do not have any accent at all.