密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖保羅書院小學 09/10 P1 Welcome
樓主: YuHangMum
go

09/10 P1 Welcome

發表於 08-11-17 23:33 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all SPCPS parents,
After gather information from many ppl, I finally decided to let my son to study in SPCPS even though I'm still waiting for the result of YW.
It's my pleasure to join the SPC's family!
I read the booklet provided by the school and learnt that it offers many extra-curriculuar activities, e.g. 朗誦, fencing and swimming. The teachers will choose/ select those with potential or the student can join on a voluntary basis? Would SPCPS parents please share?
Hi andrewpapa,
Your advice did help me to make up my mind. I noticed from the SPCK website that around 10% of students go to SPCPS. Do you think there is any advantage for SPCK students to go to SPCPS? For me, I do have this feeling as my son's performance in the 2nd interview is not good....So it's very surprise for me that he is accepted. I'm just worrying that he may not adapt to the workload ...What should I do to prepare for P.1? Please share.
Cheers,
Chunchunmommy

發表於 08-11-18 07:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Chunchunmommy,

Concerning ECA, school usually issues a notice by the early Sept to invite students to join and there are two parts with 32 items for each part.  The first is "selected" basic, such as school teams and uniform activities.  The second part is "interests" basic, and students can join more than one activity.  I copy the instructions of the current year's notice for parents' info.

注意下列事項:
1.        <表一>內各活動小組將由負責老師甄選。
2.        <表一>內各活動小組約於九月下旬內完成各項選拔。
3.        <表二>內各課後興趣小組,同學可自由報名參加。自由報名的活動,如報名人數超過名額,先以同學參加活動多寡的情況作為優先考慮條件,沒有參加任何活動者將優先取錄;如人數仍超出名額,則以抽籤決定。
4.        <表二>內各課後興趣小組(各樂器小組除外),將於九月一日已派發報名表。
5.        部分體育活動將會租用校外場地,家長或需自行安排接送,請留意個別通告。
6.        一般課後活動時間為下午3時30分至5時正(星期六除外),但部分活動或有差異,需留意個別通告。
7.        以下活動資料只作參考,日後可能會有增減,不作另行通知。

[ 本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 08-11-18 07:20 編輯 ]

發表於 08-11-18 08:23 |顯示全部帖子
During interview, I think Headmistress Chan is not looking for absolute  answer.  she is looking for independence kids with positive attitude of coz also smart smart tei la.  

You may start the preparation during summer holiday.  I bought my son few workbooks, and asked him to do it every day.  One or two pages a day. No need to make it hard for him.  Just make him get used to "do homework" and feel happy about doing homework.

"disclaimer" - it doesn't mean you don't have to work with him.  you have to ga....hahahahaah

relax and walk thru it slowly and calmly

發表於 08-11-18 12:32 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Andrewpapa,

What kind of workbooks for preparation?  Can you suggest some for me?  Thank you very much!

Yuhangmum

發表於 08-11-18 14:16 |顯示全部帖子
before summer holiday, you should find a lot of exercise books from "san lian" or "shen Mo" ga la.  

What I suggest is to let them have the exercise happily but not force them to complete them perfectly.

don't scare your kids, by all means, they are only 5 or 6 during summer time

發表於 08-11-18 23:37 |顯示全部帖子
Hogwarts and andrewpapa,
Many thanks for your information and advice.
I'll try my best to help my boy to adapt to the life in SPCPS!
Hope he enjoys his primary school life in SPCPS.
I also want to know how many homework per day for P.1 and boys in SPCPS are strong in which aspects? Sports (i.e. swimming, ball games?), music (i.e. choir or orchestra?)

[ 本帖最後由 chunchunmommy 於 08-11-18 23:45 編輯 ]

發表於 08-11-19 08:01 |顯示全部帖子
chunchunmommy,

pls go to the school web to check its school report, you will know more about the school achievements.  You should do this constantly lei.

homework per day??  sometimes 7 or 8 sometimes only 3 or 4.  hard to say.  but I will say teachers know when to put pressure and when to relax

發表於 08-11-19 22:10 |顯示全部帖子
Andrewpapa,
Thanks for your information.

發表於 08-11-19 22:32 |顯示全部帖子
Choir and music ECA are very good.  Sport is not particular strong because of the small number of students.  The good thing is almost everyone can become member of a school team.

This year can already be counted as a fruitful one, the swimming team did well and the football team has reached the semi-final of the Island West by beating last year's champion by 1 nil, best result in 9 years.  They will play for the champion or the third place this Saturday morning in 黃竹坑硬地足球場, depending on the semi-final result on Friday.  

As the football ECA also takes place in 黃竹坑足球場, we will enjoy some home team support & have good fun this Saturday.