go

維多利亞幼稚園interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-14 14:09 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
想請問一下有無媽媽知道interview係用英文or中文 形式大概會係點進行  唔該o西
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-11-14 17:02 |只看該作者
They put 6-8 kids and their parents in a classroom with several tables laid out with toys and books etc.  There will be around 4 teachers in the room, both chinese and western.  They will observe your kid and then take turns talking to the kid and the parent.  The teacher may ask the child what color is the block in front of her, and then ask you if your child has any siblings, allergy, who takes care of him /her at home etc.  The chinese teachers will speak chinese and western teachers in english.

3#
發表於 08-11-14 17:37 |只看該作者
For Vic (HMT), there's a session for parents only.  You should prepare yourself in a group interview format and to express your ideas about nurturing your kids.  Take a glance about "IB" mission and vision!

4#
發表於 08-11-14 18:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 Radiomama 於 08-11-14 17:37 發表
For Vic (HMT), there's a session for parents only.  You should prepare yourself in a group interview format and to express your ideas about nurturing your kids.  Take a glance about "IB" mission and v ...

Thanks for the sharing.

so are they similar to York (someone may say York is 'commerical' which i have to agree)? I know Victoria is quite expensive too..... so they will also accepting kids easily??

and we have to fill out our job position, company and education background, etc......

5#
發表於 08-11-15 13:29 |只看該作者
twins_daddy,

Sorry that I know not much about York and I would not compare Vic with York.

I am pleased with the teachers and prinicipal of Vic, they are nice and professional.

The sch fee is OK for me and no more misc. items monthly.  Check with the admin. staff and they would explain to you.

To be honest, Vic is not easy to get in and you could read thru the threads.  I would say that some parents feel anxious since it'd better to speak in english during the group meeting with principal.  

Go and have a look!  Your own experience will tell you if a sch is suitable to your family or not.

原帖由 twins_daddy 於 08-11-14 18:12 發表

Thanks for the sharing.

so are they similar to York (someone may say York is 'commerical' which i have to agree)? I know Victoria is quite expensive too..... so they will also accepting kids easily ...

6#
發表於 08-11-16 01:41 |只看該作者
Hi Radiomama,

I would like to ask if there is also group interview of parents for nusery application? And, the group interview of parents is conducted in all branches?

Thanks.

原帖由 Radiomama 於 08-11-15 13:29 發表
twins_daddy,

I am pleased with the teachers and prinicipal of Vic, they are nice and professional.

The sch fee is OK for ...
我時刻都記掛著我那未能來到世上的bb, 他永遠在我心裡某個角落.

7#
發表於 08-11-16 03:10 |只看該作者
仲有一個環節,  係d小朋友坐埋一齊,  英文老師會同佢地講,  哩到有個bb ,  佢好肚餓,  你地羅野俾佢食,  甘每個小朋友揀一樣野,  老師會逐個問佢地羅住d乜,  之後到中文老師,  會同小朋友一齊唱歌跳舞, 睇下d小朋友有乜反應.

8#
發表於 08-11-16 07:44 |只看該作者
Last year, My friend'son was also accepted by KV although he is a "small son". He didn't do very well in the inteview, like he couldn't match all the pictures and answer all the questions. But he was very obedient and tried his best to follow the teacher's instruction. When his mom gave him hints, he listened to his mom patiently and could answer some of the questions.

[ 本帖最後由 hyto 於 08-11-16 07:52 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 08-11-16 09:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 Radiomama 於 08-11-15 13:29 發表
twins_daddy,

The sch fee is OK for ...

They expect the kids to answer single word or complete sentences?
'anxious' what do you mean ? Most parents discuss in Eng or just u r using Eng? thxxx

10#
發表於 08-11-16 15:20 |只看該作者
The parent meeting is a new policy for K1 admission since last year in Vic(HMT).  The principal and the English Panel Head conducted it with parents, therefore it'd be more polite to communicate in english.   And some parents commented that it's similar to a group interview in a company---everyone wanted to excel himself and to express his own ideas!

For the kid, if he could answer in single words, it would be fine.  Don't worry about it, the format is just like a playgroup session.

[ 本帖最後由 Radiomama 於 08-11-16 15:22 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 08-11-17 13:40 |只看該作者
o甘如果媽媽唔識講英文點好

[ 本帖最後由 小靜姸 於 08-11-17 13:41 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 08-11-17 14:17 |只看該作者
Hi Radiomama,

Do you know it's one of the parents or both parents attended the interview?  

How about the 2-yr-old class?  Do it have the same kind of interview arrangement too?

Many thanks.

原帖由 Radiomama 於 08-11-16 15:20 發表
The parent meeting is a new policy for K1 admission since last year in Vic(HMT).  The principal and the English Panel Head conducted it with parents, therefore it'd be more polite to communicate in en ...

13#
發表於 08-11-17 15:05 |只看該作者
Radiomama,

You son is now studying in Victoria Kindergarten and it seems that you are quite satisified with it.  Could I know your plan for your son?  Go to Victoria primary or other DSS?  There's no track record of  primary allocation of Victoria kinder students in Kln side.

My child is now in Victoria's playgroup.  I like this school very much.  Just worry about the primary allocation in future if we go for this kinder but not its primary school.

14#
發表於 08-11-17 15:39 |只看該作者
how abuot the hmt branch, do they have any past record?

15#
發表於 08-11-17 20:48 |只看該作者
My son was interviewed at Vic (HMT) last year for PN. We also get group parent interview. In the parent interview, the vice principal has stated that parents can speak in English or Cantonese. Since there is a foreign parent and teacher in our group, most of us speak in English. However, I don't think the parents are anxious to speak. Maybe it depends on the parents in your group. The children interview is like in a playgroup. At last, my son is accepted for the PN class.

16#
發表於 08-11-17 21:39 |只看該作者
There is a memo about the primary allocation(07/08) of Vic (HMT) on the notice board!  Have a look when you bring your kid to the playgroup!

I'm satisfied with Vic but I would not choose VSA(the location is too far from Kowloon side).

I would probably choose DSS/private sch for my son as many parents did----YW, DBSPD, CKY, AP etc.

原帖由 Eclipse_2006 於 08-11-17 15:05 發表
Radiomama,

You son is now studying in Victoria Kindergarten and it seems that you are quite satisified with it.  Could I know your plan for your son?  Go to Victoria primary or other DSS?  There's no ...

17#
發表於 08-11-17 22:41 |只看該作者
primary allocation
http://www.victoria.edu.hk/nurse ... -one-statistics.pdf
u can see Vic expect you to study VSA......other DSSs only contribute a small portions

18#
發表於 08-11-17 23:11 |只看該作者
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.  My boy is going to Harbour Green campus, not HMT.  

Thanks for your reply.  

原帖由 Radiomama 於 08-11-17 21:39 發表
There is a memo about the primary allocation(07/08) of Vic (HMT) on the notice board!  Have a look when you bring your kid to the playgroup!

I'm satisfied with Vic but I would not choose VSA(the loca ...

19#
發表於 08-11-17 23:12 |只看該作者
Thank you for your information.  

原帖由 rc_ac 於 08-11-17 20:48 發表
My son was interviewed at Vic (HMT) last year for PN. We also get group parent interview. In the parent interview, the vice principal has stated that parents can speak in English or Cantonese. Since t ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題