搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 高主教 - Release of the interview result
樓主: dimmy
go

高主教 - Release of the interview result [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 08-11-15 09:27 |只看該作者
Dear ting0308,
I have similar situition with you.  It's me who put Lingnan as my first choice because of the high Chinese and art standard and the small class teaching.  My husband put St. Louis at a higher ranking as it is nearer and less expensive good school.  

From the discussions here, it seems that all the RC comments are good except the class size and the location.  Frankly speaking, I like the high academic standard here.  However,  I have the following struggles.  
First, I think my elder son's ability can cope with high academic standard. His Maths ability is very high. He can solve the following Maths problem: how many seconds are there in 15 minutes.  But is oral expression is weak.   Should I put him in an English Primary school with high academic standard or a Chinese School to improve his ability to express in a logical and coherent way?  There was a saying that mother tongue is the best language for learning Maths.  A good foundation in mother tongue language is essential for the better learning of a secondary language, (may be applicable to my son.)

Secondly, my elder son is 細膽 and not good in handling conflicts with peers.  He is the only kids in the class who cried in a darker room when watching education video or cried during story time when "wolf" or other fierce animals appear in the story.  He can learn everything when his mood is OK but if he has some emotion, no one can force him to learn.   In RC with such a large class size, no body will care the emotion of a single kids.  This could be the biggest obstacle for his learning.

Thirdly, I am not sure whether in RC, students would go into 2 extremes.  Those suitable one would do very well but those who are not suitable (but they are still good students) would lose the confidence and interest to learn.  This is the case of my colleagues kids who is good but shy and eventually cannot do well in SPCPC.  His mother told me that she was so regreted not to send them to Lingnan or other subsidy school but push his sons to suffer for 6 years.  

I was still struggling and I hope that God would grant me the wisdom to make a wise choice.

原帖由 ting0308 於 08-11-14 10:51 發表
I got the acceptance letter from Ling Nam and RC.

Ling Nam is my husband first choice.  But I just think that RC is more famous than Ling Nam.

How can I convenice my husband to take RC rather than L ...

122#
發表於 08-11-16 00:18 |只看該作者
yes. I think different individuals have different needs.  RC is a traditional school. For my case, I think my son is not causing a lot of troubles at school, therefore, I seldom receive calls from teachers except sometimes teachers would phone me to respond to my short messages I left on my son's handbooks.  One good thing is that I find my kid is not very keen on the marks.  He told me that once the teacher punished a kid who achieved high marks but laughed at one of his fellow classmates who failed. I strongly feel that the school has good culture in teaching the kids to be considerate and caring for others.  If you think your child needs more special attention, perhaps RC is not a good choice.  My boy is also a shy boy. The school holds talent quests every year and they strongly encourage the students to join. I put my kid in the solo verse speaking to strengthen his confidence to speak up in front of others.  It's also good opportunity to practice him to speak up!

123#
發表於 08-11-17 09:14 |只看該作者
Hi all,

有無已經決定入讀高主教明年小一呀, 我在小學處開了一個topic呀(以下link). 大家多多分享呢....

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1684155&extra=page%3D1&frombbs=1

Cheers!

原帖由 ratafan 於 08-11-16 00:18 發表
yes. I think different individuals have different needs.  RC is a traditional school. For my case, I think my son is not causing a lot of troubles at school, therefore, I seldom receive calls from tea ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題