用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Good hope and St Stephen college, make a choice
查看: 2590|回覆: 21
go

Good hope and St Stephen college, make a choice

發表於 08-11-8 16:43 |顯示全部帖子
How to make a choice in these two schools?
all aspects?
I know  st stephen needs the parents to give up the Luck Draw but not in Good Hope
Welcome all opinion
thanks

發表於 08-11-9 01:39 |顯示全部帖子
I will choose St. Stephen.

原帖由 junior_pam 於 08-11-8 16:43 發表
How to make a choice in these two schools?
all aspects?
I know  st stephen needs the parents to give up the Luck Draw but not in Good Hope
Welcome all opinion
thanks

發表於 08-11-9 06:59 |顯示全部帖子
But, I live in Siu Lam
The time for school bus journey seems to be horrible. St stephen is a marvellous primary school.
Good learning environment, hsitoric school compound and many native english teachers that I am so admirable.
Good hope is also a good school whatever in academic performance, ECA and morale values for the kids.
welcome any kind comment

原帖由 JustinJustin 於 08-11-9 01:39 發表
I will choose St. Stephen.

發表於 08-11-9 09:58 |顯示全部帖子
兩間唔同級數喎,St. Stephen勁好多喎, 佢地只用普通話同英文授課,所以D學生英文同普通話水平好高,學費都多Good Hope差不多成倍,但最衰佢要人放棄lucky draw,如果唔係,佢收我個女我都會比錢留位而唔留Good Hope

發表於 08-11-9 11:06 |顯示全部帖子
Siu Lam, NT West?  If so, St. Stephen should be the choice.

If it is the Siu Lam near GH, daily long travelling time will wear out the child.

發表於 08-11-9 20:32 |顯示全部帖子
You are right. Siu Lam is near the Gold Coast.
But St stephen is at the Stanley.
The school bus journy to Stanley is double of Good Hope School.
I know the Teacher's academic background of St stephen are very strong. There are 3-4 PhD. teachers and 7-8 double Master Teachers. However, I have to leave the lucky draw away in this sense.
What a struggle
thanks for all

原帖由 hogwarts 於 08-11-9 11:06 發表
Siu Lam, NT West?  If so, St. Stephen should be the choice.

If it is the Siu Lam near GH, daily long travelling time will wear out the child.

發表於 08-11-9 23:56 |顯示全部帖子
You will have great difficulty finding a school bus to stanley from NT. All the school bus only cover the HKisland, the only alternative is JamXX WoXX who run private shuttle bus from Stanley to Kowloon and some part of NT. But its routing is also terrible.

If you live in Siu Lam, get prepare to move or drive your son to school everyday if you really keen about SSPC. I have also seen some parent from Kowloon drive the kids to Taikoo Shing or Wanchai to catch the school bus there, Everyday!. It is even worse when you kid is growing bigger and then full of ECA after schooldays, the school is famous for their symphonic band and choirs and other sports, that all need a lot of practise at school. The school bus is very good to send them back after ECA but if your kid need another ride it may be a problem.

原帖由 junior_pam 於 08-11-9 20:32 發表
I know the Teacher's academic background of St stephen  ...

發表於 08-11-10 00:33 |顯示全部帖子
If you want lucky draw, which school? or district? Is it close to your home? May be you can enter on the first round. Don't think too much, otherwise you will find more white hair.

Last week, I pray before I slept for my son, and God answered one week later.

發表於 08-11-10 09:41 |顯示全部帖子
SSC in Stanley is so far away from NT.

Any school bus ??

Give up 'Lucky Draw' is not a wise decision, right ??

發表於 08-11-10 19:29 |顯示全部帖子
I know the school bus just travels around the Hong Kong Island. In order to settle it, one is moving out of Siu Lam. The another way is driving my kid every day.
However, I am not so wealthy enough to move into Hong Kong Island. I and my wife are working in Tuen Mun instead.
Maybe, I will finally quit the St Stephen primary school that I am not willing to do it. In fact, I never realize that my kid can do it. But, she did it. Whatever the decision is made at last, I still love my kid because she has tried her very very best to present in every single interview arranged by me.
It is too hard for her. Sorry for her. Just a relief
Thanks for all parents's kind comment

原帖由 fat-father 於 08-11-10 09:41 發表
SSC in Stanley is so far away from NT.

Any school bus ??

Give up 'Lucky Draw' is not a wise decision, right ??

發表於 08-11-10 19:44 |顯示全部帖子
聽到你咁講覺得很可惜,你考時應該知道清楚自己要點安排個小朋友返學問題,既然解決唔到當初就唔應該去報去考,考到你又話無諗到個女會考到,我相信你女兒能在千幾人中比學校揀中一定有佢個人之處,咁樣放棄真係好可惜,我無其他意思,只係覺得為什麼報時身為大人唔係想清楚點配合至比個女interview,如果配合唔到為什麼要報呢?sorry,如果有咩講錯希望你唔好介意

原帖由 junior_pam 於 08-11-10 19:29 發表
I know the school bus just travels around the Hong Kong Island. In order to settle it, one is moving out of Siu Lam. The another way is driving my kid every day.
However, I am not so wealthy enough t ...

發表於 08-11-10 21:00 |顯示全部帖子
如讀 SPCC 要放棄大抽獎,冇咗抽 Marymount 的機會,是否值得呢?請給予一點意見。

原帖由 BBR 於 08-11-10 19:44 發表
聽到你咁講覺得很可惜,你考時應該知道清楚自己要點安排個小朋友返學問題,既然解決唔到當初就唔應該去報去考,考到你又話無諗到個女會考到,我相信你女兒能在千幾人中比學校揀中一定有佢個人之處,咁樣放棄真係好可惜,我 ...

發表於 08-11-10 21:09 |顯示全部帖子
If Good Hope is just a lucky draw back up for you, then it's fine. From Siu Lam to GH is a long way already.

發表於 08-11-10 21:12 |顯示全部帖子
SPCC要放棄大抽獎??!! 其實真係要睇下你自己鍾意邊間多D,邊間good for個小朋友多D,好似我喜歡DGS,如果佢收我個女但要放棄大抽獎,我都會肯,因為DGS的教學模式我女兒係可以接受到,其實如果經濟負擔得到的話不妨揀SPCC,因為大抽獎真係好似六合彩,到時抽唔到就兩頭唔到岸,如果DGS收我個女我就唔抽lor

原帖由 kaka01 於 08-11-10 21:00 發表
如讀 SPCC 要放棄大抽獎,冇咗抽 Marymount 的機會,是否值得呢?請給予一點意見。

發表於 08-11-10 21:38 |顯示全部帖子
I think you should consider moving to the Island side if you really want your kid studying in St. Stephen College. However, it's not necessarily true that teachers with PhD or Master degrees are able to teach better.

發表於 08-11-10 22:12 |顯示全部帖子
If finally chosen the Good Hope, I just take less than half hour to give her a ride. It is comparatively acceptable.
Anyway, thanks a lot
原帖由 authenticseelai 於 08-11-10 21:09 發表
If Good Hope is just a lucky draw back up for you, then it's fine. From Siu Lam to GH is a long way already.

發表於 08-11-10 22:29 |顯示全部帖子
First of all, thanks for your kind comment
I never think that I have a chance to choose the schools because it is most likely that the schools choose you in this circumstances. It is very very lucky that I have choices. Thanks God really.
Yes, you are correct that I have to think twice before making any decision. But, how dare of parents saying they have confidence in entering which particular schools......?
If so, why there are many parents taking their kids to different elite schools for interview? It is because you never know the final result. Provided that I just have only one offer from St Stephen College Preparatory School. That is wonderful since I will not spend too much time on it anymore. Just take it.
I am still wondering but I will sort it out as soon as possible because I do not want to hold the place of SSCPC.
sorry for any inconvenience
thanks
原帖由 BBR 於 08-11-10 19:44 發表
聽到你咁講覺得很可惜,你考時應該知道清楚自己要點安排個小朋友返學問題,既然解決唔到當初就唔應該去報去考,考到你又話無諗到個女會考到,我相信你女兒能在千幾人中比學校揀中一定有佢個人之處,咁樣放棄真係好可惜,我 ...

發表於 08-11-10 22:31 |顯示全部帖子
You are right. thanks for your kind comment

原帖由 charwes 於 08-11-10 21:38 發表
I think you should consider moving to the Island side if you really want your kid studying in St. Stephen College. However, it's not necessarily true that teachers with PhD or Master degrees are able  ...

發表於 08-11-10 23:39 |顯示全部帖子
If you know your choice is right then don't border what people said.

At least your kid know better her ability and both of you were having a good time at St. Stephen's campus.

Wish your kid get into a even better school someday.

原帖由 junior_pam 於 08-11-10 22:31 發表
You are right. thanks for your kind comment

發表於 08-11-11 09:17 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

Exactly! As parents, we try to dedicate a most suitable learning environment to our children.  That's why some parents have applied 7 or 8 schools without thinking too much of the location (You're not lonely, I'm one of those).

Personally, I think the teaching style of GHS and SSCP is quite different.  We like the environment and curriculum of SSCP.  We live in Tsuen Wan and we plan to move to Homantin, Sheung Wan or western district in HK to eliminate the travelling time (my elder son's school @Cheung Sha Wan). I think it is worth for moving cos our girl is more suitable for a school between international and traditional.

Although this game is very tiring, the positive side is my girl had gained valuable chances to speek and express herself to strangers.

I believe you are a caring parent. No matter which school your child will finally go to, she will be cultivated into a brilliant person. Remember God will choose the best suitable for us.  

:D