go

French stream English primary + colleges

發表於 09-1-8 10:00 |顯示全部帖子
dear happy rain,
please check PM.

原帖由 happyrain 於 7/1/2009 16:33 發表
Would you please PM the infor to me?
Many thanks!

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-1-8 10:35 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks, I've got it!

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-1-8 10:00 發表
dear happy rain,
please check PM.

發表於 09-1-8 10:36 |顯示全部帖子
BTW, which school you will apply?

發表於 09-1-8 20:16 |顯示全部帖子
hello happy rain,
welcome for the info.

for the moment, we have only selected 3 primary school...
1/ 保良局陳守仁小學
2/ 拔萃男書院附屬小學
3/ 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學
three are them are very very demanded by many parents.... the ratio of admit i have heard are somehow between 1/15 or even 1/20....

we may have to study better about the schools below as back up as well:
地利亞英文小學 (we don't know much, but seems they have french stream as well)
基慧小學(馬灣) (he he, we live there)
保良局世德小學 (don't know much, it's just next door from their kindergarten)
+ of cause Lycee Francais (very expensive in international stream, can't afford.... but no chinese in french stream..... and very far from home, with no school bus....)

how about for your kid?!!?

原帖由 happyrain 於 8/1/2009 10:36 發表
BTW, which school you will apply?

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-1-9 10:36 編輯 ]
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-1-9 16:08 |顯示全部帖子
some information about lycee francais to share.

http://www.fis.edu.hk/web/Default.aspx?r=1&lang=en-gb

best regards
stan
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-1-13 13:36 |顯示全部帖子

french stream interviews

dear all parents,
does any parent know about interviews for french stream will ask question in english, chinese or french?!?!
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-1-29 16:31 |顯示全部帖子
just visited diocesan on it's open house day.
had a little chat with the french teacher.
french stream is a very little section in school, only 6 to 7 pupils per class, allowing teacher focus on every pupil.
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-2-6 00:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 08-12-22 11:17 發表
Merci beaucoup Saiwanho!!
a' vous aussi!!!
apprenez vous francais avec votre enfant?!

desolee pour vous repondre en retard.

J'ai appris mon francais a HK pendant 1988-1991 et j'ai beaucoup oublie.  J'ai fait un stage d'application pendant 6 semaines en France avant.

De la quelle partie de la France que vous etes venu?

發表於 09-2-6 09:22 |顯示全部帖子
Bon d'avoir quelqu'un pour discuter en français. Apprendre le français pendant quelques années à l'école et n'ont aucune chance d'utiliser au cours des dix dernières années. Je suis à la recherche d'un tuteur privé français pour mon fils à P1.

原帖由 saiwanho 於 09-2-6 00:16 發表

J'ai appris mon francais a HK pendant 1988-1991 et j'ai beaucoup oublie.  J'ai fait un stage d'application pendant 6 semaines en France avant.

De la quelle pa ...

發表於 09-2-7 02:17 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 matthewdad 於 09-2-6 09:22 發表
Bon d'avoir quelqu'un pour discuter en français. Apprendre le français pendant quelques années à l'école et n'ont aucune chance d'utiliser au cours des dix dernières années. Je suis à la reche ...

Enchante!

發表於 09-2-9 09:49 |顯示全部帖子
bonjour saiwanho,
nice to have chat with people who speak french!
i actually come from Kowloon.
My wife grow up at Paris, but most her family is from region La Sarthe (between Le Mans and Tours).
and you?! where have you done your summer course in france?! as form me, i have been living in Lyon, Nancy, Reims, Rennes et Paris. i enjoyed the most Paris and Rennes.

原帖由 saiwanho 於 6/2/2009 00:16 發表

De la quelle pa ...
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-2-9 09:56 |顯示全部帖子
bonjour matthewdad,
nice to meet you, would you like to PM me more detail about you (where do you live, what schedule you prefer, how many hours per week...).
we can actually ask around if any friends of us will be interested.
what primary school is your son?! does he learning french at school as well?!

原帖由 matthewdad 於 6/2/2009 09:22 發表
Bon d'avoir quelqu'un pour discuter en français. Apprendre le français pendant quelques années à l'école et n'ont aucune chance d'utiliser au cours des dix dernières années. Je suis à la reche ...
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-2-9 16:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-2-9 09:49 發表
bonjour saiwanho,
nice to have chat with people who speak french!
i actually come from Kowloon.
My wife grow up at Paris, but most her family is from region La Sarthe (between Le Mans and Tours).
an ...

enchante....

j'ai fait le stage d'application a Brest en Bertagne, 4 semaines a l'ecole et 2 semaines a la chambre de commerce.

Vous venez de la france? de Hong Kong?

發表於 09-2-9 17:51 |顯示全部帖子
excusez-moi pour mon mauvais francais!!

發表於 09-2-9 20:24 |顯示全部帖子
Enchante!! je m'appelles Stanley, je viens de Kowloon. je suis hongkongais.
par contre, ma femme est francaise.
comment vous vous appellez!?
Brest! je ne suis jamias alle, mais j'ai entendu dire que c'est une tres belle ville. c'est toujours bien d'etre au bord de la mer!!
j'etais en Bertagne prendent un an aussi, j'etais a Rennes.
je pense tu parles tres bien francais!!
a bientot!

原帖由 saiwanho 於 9/2/2009 16:41 發表

enchante....

j'ai fait le stage d'application a Brest en Bertagne, 4 semaines a l'ecole et 2 semaines a la chambre de commerce.

Vous venez de la france? de Hong Kong?

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-2-11 13:43 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-2-27 11:29 |顯示全部帖子
hello matthewdad,
we have met a french friend on park island (where we live) who taught french in an international school before, she would like to give french private lesson as part time job.
if you are interested, i can pass her info to you and let you arrange with her directly.
let me know if you want to know more.
best regards
stanley

原帖由 matthewdad 於 6/2/2009 09:22 發表
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-2-28 09:17 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Stanley,
I live in Tsing Yi and my daughter has been learning French for 1.5 yrs. (We always go to the beach in Park Island.) She is using the French learning program called Lili, la petite grenoville. Have you ever heard of that program? She is now in the last chapter (there are 3 chapters and 8 lessons in each chapter) and I am thinking of going to Lili 2. I can buy it from the French bookstore in Wellington street, Central. I was told it is a lot cheaper in France. Is that true? Somehow I think the Lili 2 is a bit hard but I saw the Alex and Zoe 1 &2 is a bit too easy. What is your comment? My daughter will be going to P1 this Sept and so she is a year older than your son.

[ 本帖最後由 hazelle 於 09-2-28 09:18 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-2 11:08 |顯示全部帖子
hello hazelle,
nice to meet you.
we didn't know any about "Lili, la petite grenoville" de CLE edition until you told me about it!
after a search from internet, it seems very interesting for young children learning french.
i do think it may be a bit cheaper from france after deduct the shipping cost. but i don't know how much is the different.
my wife doesn't go to the "parentheses" that often, however, everytime she does, she comes back with quite a lot of of reading happily! it still a good place for french book collection in hong kong!
she does order directly children magazines via internet for our sons. i can ask the list from my wife if you are interested.
do let us know when you come to ma wan beach. we will happy to know more people and make friends with parents to share more experience about education of our children.
and also the best learning method of a language is still practice a lot!
otherwise, we know that there is a new learning center in north point which is found by friends of mine. after discussed with them and understand their aims and policy for this center, we are quite sure that their teaching method is very interesting and intuitive!
may i know where your daughter is going to P1?!
we are looking for french steam primary school for camill as well, if you know any, please let me know. (we don't really want our son go to french international school as we are afraid that he may lost his chinese completely).
best regards
stanley

原帖由 hazelle 於 28/2/2009 09:17 發表
Dear Stanley,
I live in Tsing Yi and my daughter has been learning French for 1.5 yrs. (We always go to the beach in Park Island.) She is using the French learning program called Lili, la petite greno ...
    -Steve Jobs-

發表於 09-3-2 12:21 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Stanley,
Thanks for your information and I am very happy to share with any parents who are interested in having their children to learn French. My daughter is not going to any of the French stream primary school, although I was planning to.
Well, I do not know the schools that you are planning to apply very, very much (I can only tell you what I knew when I was applying the schools for my daughter in the past one year. Remind you that I may be wrong), but you may be a bit disappointed if you aim to keep your children to have a certain standard of French. Especially, your children can communicate fluently in French already.
For what I know about DBS is that their French standard is really just so so. My friend's son is doing F1 in DBS. I would have thought their French level must have reach a certain standard since they would have studied French for at least 6 yrs before they go to F1. Well, the case is definitly no. My friend's son have never taken any French before but he can still keep up with the F1 French level. They are still learning something very basic, like for beginners. Plus you can not take Chinese once you have admitted to French boys. You may take selective French lesson but that is no more than learning in any of the learning centre. Not to mention the French level in the other schools that you have mentioned.
You may also realize the children that learn French in the learning centre does not have a very good standard unless the children really practice the French that they have learned from the class. Hence, having a good french learning program does not really works that well because of the level of the class. Unless every single student learn French seriously and practice with their parents who can speak French at home.
Hence, you may reconsider of selecting French stream primary school as your first pirority (it is ideal but sometimes it does not work that well in reality) as selecting a good school may be more important in your case.

[ 本帖最後由 hazelle 於 09-3-2 12:24 編輯 ]

發表於 09-3-4 10:25 |顯示全部帖子
dear hazelle,
you are right on that point. i have visited dbs on the open day and have talked with the responsible teacher of french steam madame Boniface, and she already told me that the best way is still send Camill to Lycee Francais if we want our sons able to learn properly french. but then their chinese will not be considerably good neither... to be or not to be.... that is the question...
finally what i decided with my wife is that we aim for EMI school at the 1st place so my wife can follow the curriculum of our sons during these years, and they will prefect their languages skill other way (e.g send them to their grand-parents during summer time ).
there are actually quite a lot english primary schools, and i do think most of them are good. then the question is, will Camill be smart or lucky enough to get into one of them.

may i ask you if you can share experience about how did you prepare your daughter for the interviews and how did they go actually these interviews?!
thanks a lot in advance!!!

原帖由 hazelle 於 2/3/2009 12:21 發表
Dear Stanley,
Thanks for your information and I am very happy to share with any parents who are interested in having their children to learn French. My daughter is not going to any of the French strea ...
    -Steve Jobs-