搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 French stream English primary + colleges
樓主: flostangraphy
go

French stream English primary + colleges [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-11-7 23:43 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

My son is also accepted for 2009 P1.  According to the vice principal, P1 & P2 students will need to study all 3 languages, one in each of the school terms.  The purpose is for the kids to get a taste of all the 3 languages.  By P3, students will have to choose one language to study in the coming 10 years (P3 - S6).

Chinese is taught in Mandarin.

22#
發表於 08-11-8 00:23 |只看該作者
Aaron ma ,
See u again
What is u final choice? SMC??

23#
發表於 08-11-8 00:34 |只看該作者
Hi bblaw,

Most probably..  

To be honest, DBS is my dream school but chance is small.  So 99% I will go to SMC.  I quite like the school.

How about you?  Have you made up your mind?

原帖由 bblaw 於 08-11-8 00:23 發表
Aaron ma ,
See u again
What is u final choice? SMC??

24#
發表於 08-11-8 01:01 |只看該作者
Aaron ma,
Hope u can go DBS. I may go to SMC(70%). Why 70%?
BCOS, Most of my daughter's classmates are accepted by TT .I may be affect by them . SMC has a lot of +ve comment from my friends.If u have the final choice, pls PM me. Maybe My daughter can make friend with u kid in SMC. Of course, I hope hearing u good news---DBS la l

25#
發表於 08-11-8 01:07 |只看該作者
Thanks, bblaw,

But between SMC & TT, don't you think SMC is better?  Maybe I'm not too familiar with TT but I think SMC is similar to TT's international stream but SMC is much cheaper.

Also, I like the modern language of SMC and their Chinese is using 高效識字法 and taught in Mandarin.

I attended a seminar about 高效識字法 last weekend and found it really good and effective.  My son's kinder is using this approach for K3 and these 2 months, he has picked up a lot of chinese words...

原帖由 bblaw 於 08-11-8 01:01 發表
Aaron ma,
Hope u can go DBS. I may go to SMC(70%). Why 70%?
BCOS, Most of my daughter's classmates are accepted by TT .I may be affect by them . SMC has a lot of +ve comment from my friends.If u have ...

26#
發表於 08-11-8 09:48 |只看該作者
aaron mum,
thank you very much for your reply!
is it dbs is diocesan boys' school?!
i believe that is a very very good school!
it seems that they do have french as well...
but my wife doesn't want our son goes to a boy school (french thinking...).
what's the different between DBS and diocesan preparatory school?!
are they both english as media instruction school?!
i'm a bit lost with all the primary schools and different systems available...
imagine what we have to go through next year for our son....

27#
發表於 08-11-8 12:34 |只看該作者
Aaron ma,
Both of them provide a good English environment. TT has a high quality of teachers from hearing say. The teachers must come from UK, or Canada. Chinese teachers come from mainland(main stream & international stream). But, the campus is not attractive and the school  fee is more expensive. But SMC is not more NET comparing with TT. SMC is less homework , but TT  is more traditional.

28#
發表於 08-11-10 11:27 |只看該作者
hello bblaw,
do you know what branding belongs st margart's secondary school?!
i have heard that it's a brand 3 secondry school, but i wonder if it's true...

29#
發表於 08-11-10 20:56 |只看該作者
Actually, SMC was band 3 school before. SMC was a girl college  about 5 years ago.But, since 2003, SMC has  changed to DSS and co-education.At that moment, I am still no any comment on the new campus and image.My friends have a good comments on the new SMC, but so far, I am still  mind the image of SMC.

But,  My daughter went to Pui Kiu college interview. I saw a non-Chinese girl and from their conversion, I heard she failed the SMC interview Bcos she do not know Chinese. It seem SMC becomes famous and more difficulty in interview.From SMC BK forum,the SMC has +ve comment. My friend told me the English pronuncation of the students is very good.So far, I have a lot of friends kids are studying in there.

Also,it is in a dilamma for me. I think SMC become improving than the old SMC.

[ 本帖最後由 bblaw 於 08-11-10 21:13 編輯 ]

30#
發表於 08-11-11 14:31 |只看該作者
DBSPD- with French Stream:
http://www.dbs.edu.hk/dbspd/index.php

DPS- no French Stream:
http://www.dps.edu.hk/schoolweb/

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 08-11-8 09:48 發表
aaron mum,
thank you very much for your reply!
is it dbs is diocesan boys' school?!
i believe that is a very very good school!
it seems that they do have french as well...
but my wife doesn't wan ...

31#
發表於 08-11-11 14:38 |只看該作者
thanks bblaw,
i have check some thread of st margret's school, and yes, you are right. pupils and parents seems quite happy in this school!

原帖由 bblaw 於 10/11/2008 20:56 發表
Actually, SMC was band 3 school before. SMC was a girl college  about 5 years ago.But, since 2003, SMC has  changed to DSS and co-education.At that moment, I am still no any comment on the new campus  ...

32#
發表於 08-11-11 14:43 |只看該作者
dear owen mami,
thank you very much for the reply. diocesan is a well know and famous school, same as the secondary school!! i'm just afraid how hard it will be for our sons to go it....
does anyone know how many applications this year for 150 seats?!

原帖由 owenmami 於 11/11/2008 14:31 發表
DBSPD- with French Stream:
http://www.dbs.edu.hk/dbspd/index.php

DPS- no French Stream:
http://www.dps.edu.hk/schoolweb/

33#
發表於 08-11-11 15:50 |只看該作者
This year there are around 1900 applications and they will call 300 app to have a 2nd int, finally only 150 students only be accepted!

34#
發表於 08-11-11 18:40 |只看該作者
Dear Conniengor,
thanks for your infos.
the competition is actually quite the same as Camoes TSL school.......

by the way, does anyone know which secondary school has french stream in hong kong?!
i may have to consider this point as well.

原帖由 conniengor 於 11/11/2008 15:50 發表
This year there are around 1900 applications and they will call 300 app to have a 2nd int, finally only 150 students only be accepted!

35#
發表於 08-11-11 22:45 |只看該作者
I brought my son to a fast food shop yesterday where he played with a German/Chinese boy.  We then found out that he studies at St Margaret's.  He doesn't speak cantonese but when I asked him if he can speak chinese, he answered in Mandarin.  He's in P2 and he said he likes his school and all the extra-curricular activities.

My son is happy to meet the boy.

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 08-11-11 14:38 發表
thanks bblaw,
i have check some thread of st margret's school, and yes, you are right. pupils and parents seems quite happy in this school!

36#
發表於 08-11-12 09:52 |只看該作者
Dear flostangraphy,

Secondary School with French Stream:
DBS - boys' school
St Paul's Convent - girls' school (not much use to you as yours are 2 boys!)

Well, frankly speaking, I would say all local schools with French Stream are the elite local schools and will not be easy to get in. You can't expect to find authentic French food in just any restaurant here in HK, right? But if your kids speaks native level English and holds a foreign passport, I do think they have a competitive edge over the other local kids when applying for these famous schools.

Maybe you could also check where the non-Chinese graduates of Cameos TSL go.

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 08-11-11 18:40 發表
Dear Conniengor,
thanks for your infos.
the competition is actually quite the same as Camoes TSL school.......

by the way, does anyone know which secondary school has french stream in hong  ...

37#
發表於 08-11-12 12:21 |只看該作者
aaron ma,
any news from school you have applied for your kid?!
yeah, Camill is learning mandarin at kindergarten as well.
seems we will apply st margaret's for Camill next year as well.
does anyone knows how many SMC applicants this year?!
want to have a rough idea.

原帖由 AaronMa 於 11/11/2008 22:45 發表
I brought my son to a fast food shop yesterday where he played with a German/Chinese boy.  We then found out that he studies at St Margaret's.  He doesn't speak cantonese but when I asked him if he ca ...

38#
發表於 08-11-12 12:36 |只看該作者
thanks owen mami,
we know that for the secondary school, we still have lyceee francais as back up.
i would say my son's native language would be both cantonese and french. and in his kindergarten, they just teach them writing this year. so i still don't know what level he is by now.
he is somehow quite average in 3 language, but manage to speak better english than his french cousins, speak better french than his french cousins who live in US, and speak better cantonese than his english/chinese cousins...

anyway, english primary schools are our focus next year.

原帖由 owenmami 於 12/11/2008 09:52 發表
Dear flostangraphy,

Secondary School with French Stream:
DBS - boys' school
St Paul's Convent - girls' school (not much use to you as yours are 2 boys!)

Well, frankly speaking, I would say all loca ...

39#
發表於 08-11-12 23:42 |只看該作者
Hi flostangraphy,

SMC held 2 briefing sessions in 2008 (July/Aug and late Sep). i was told by the Vice Principle that there were 800+ applicants applied after the 2nd briefing.  so if I give a rough number of 300 applicants from July/Aug till Sep, that will be an estimate of 1100 applicants.

they only accept 80 P1 kids.

if you are interested in the school, suggest if you will check their web around Jun/July next year for the 2010-11 P1 admission briefing date.  you can book your seat online.

hope this helps.

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 08-11-12 12:21 發表
aaron ma,
any news from school you have applied for your kid?!
yeah, Camill is learning mandarin at kindergarten as well.
seems we will apply st margaret's for Camill next year as well.
does anyon ...
她與他是我的驕傲 :-D

40#
發表於 08-11-12 23:50 |只看該作者
Hi flostangraphy,
If u interested in SMC, I suggest u submit the application form as soon as possible. Bcos, the accepted chance is relatively higher.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題