用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局陳守仁小學 陳守仁小學 comments N advises 家長報到!
查看: 58378|回覆: 1814
go

陳守仁小學 comments N advises 家長報到!

發表於 08-11-5 18:56 |顯示全部帖子
Camõesian parents 報到.

排名不分先後. 更與年歲或智商冇關.
001/ principal
002/ angelprincess
003/ DaddyCool
004/ silvia_ng
005/ Bluestar
006/ TINGMUM
007/ ahchoi
008/ flostangraphy
009/ 天使麵
010/ heidikl
011/ tomcathui
012/ bowling68
013/ yongsp
014/ henryesther
015/ yypapa
016/ SueBeeCheung
017/ Heidi媽
018/ Kaifu
019/ ........

未整...同一定有錯漏....  歡迎報名及冊改!!
出句聲就得!!

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 10-3-19 09:35 編輯 ]

發表於 08-11-6 09:28 |顯示全部帖子
My child is a P4 student in TSL.  She loves this school very much.  She enjoys going to school too.  Teachers are also very patience and always try their best to teach their students.  My daughter loves to talk to her teachers and play with her classmates.  Her English improves a lot.  I am very happy that my child studies in this school.  Hope your children can join our school in the future.

發表於 08-11-6 10:51 |顯示全部帖子
dear angelprincess,
nice to meet you!
it good to get information from parent of pupils!
thank you very much!

i have learn that TLS has more or less 2500 applications this year....
i'm quite surprise for such many of applicants!

is it always so lot of applicants?! did you applied other school for your princess that year?!

to be honest, as my wife doesn't read any chinese, that's why we are looking for a english primary school for our son, and Camoes came up by someone's suggestion and then after we have visited the school and met pupils there, we like it very much and French is absolutely a plus for us. but we didn't know that there is such big competition to go in that school....

發表於 08-11-6 11:01 |顯示全部帖子

similar primary school

i would like to ask if any parent know one or 2 similar english primary schools like Camoes TSL?!
i would be more than happy to have some suggestion!
thanks in advance!

ps: we can't afford and wouldn't really want our kid go to private international school.

發表於 08-11-6 13:43 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Flostangraphy,

Nice to meet you too!  The no. of applications for that year is around 1300 only, but it was four years ago.  So I think it's reasonable to have 2500 applications this year because it's really a nice school.
Don't worry!  I'll share my experience with you & all parents.

發表於 08-11-6 17:58 |顯示全部帖子
thanks a lot angelpriness for willing to share your precious experience!
may i ask if you have applied other school for back up that year?!
any suggestion for me as well?!

原帖由 angelprincess 於 08-11-6 13:43 發表
Dear Flostangraphy,

Nice to meet you too!  The no. of applications for that year is around 1300 only, but it was four years ago.  So I think it's reasonable to have 2500 applications this year becaus ...

發表於 08-11-7 09:24 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Flostangraphy,

I haven't apply other school for back up that year.  

發表於 08-11-7 10:02 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 angelprincess 於 08-11-7 09:24 發表
Hi Flostangraphy,

I haven't apply other school for back up that year.  

wahoo.....  
i admire you so much having such trust and confidence to your kid! i would really like to do the same.....
however....

發表於 08-11-7 12:13 |顯示全部帖子
Flostangraphy,

Can you read Chinese?  You may go to "小一選校" to collect more information for your son's next year primary one application.  

You can see the competition for  P1 admission this year is so keen that it is completely disadvantage for your son  apply to be a Chinese stream student in next year. My sister in law's son just failed the interview.  Her family background is very similar as yours.  She regrets that she didn't apply her son as French stream student. So I advice you try French stream application next year, may be the successful chance will be a little big higher.

發表於 08-11-7 12:26 |顯示全部帖子
Yes.  Agreed with Tingmum.  Better to apply as French stream student as I think your family usually speak English or French at home, right?  As the 2nd language of French stream is French, so I think it's much suitable for your child.

發表於 08-11-7 12:26 |顯示全部帖子
dear tingmum,
thanks a lot for your advise!
i'm totally agree. we do think of this strategy for the application. that's we are so interested in camoes school as well which has a french stream
and that's what i would like to get more information about that as well.
if i understand well, there is different interview for chinese stream applicants and french stream applicants?!

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 7/11/2008 12:13 發表
Flostangraphy,

Can you read Chinese?  You may go to "小一選校" to collect more information for your son's next year primary one application.  

You can see the competition for  P1 admission this ye ...

發表於 08-11-7 12:37 |顯示全部帖子
morning angel princess,
yes, we speak french at home. but the kids speak cantonese with their grand parents, however, they speak english when they play with their friends at school.
poor them, that's why we do recognize the fact that they have some retardment on their  language development....

原帖由 angelprincess 於 7/11/2008 12:26 發表
Yes.  Agreed with Tingmum.  Better to apply as French stream student as I think your family usually speak English or French at home, right?  As the 2nd language of French stream is French, so I think  ...

發表於 08-11-7 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
dear tingmum,
may i ask if your sister in law is french?!
how long have she been to hkg?!

發表於 08-11-7 13:00 |顯示全部帖子
Dear flostangraphy

I suggest you should not only apply TSL for your son, it is really a high risk.  2009/2010 P1 application is over 2500 and there is only 25% will grant 2nd interview.  Even you are invited for 2nd interview, the acceptance for P1 is again only 25% of the shortlisted applicants.  Here are some of the BK information I would like to share with you:

據我自己做的分析, 所有第一輪面試名單中共有2,533
法文組:............262
中文組:.........2,271

法文組:............262
擬似中國人姓氏:154
擬似非華人姓氏:108
假設收生額175, 而華藉與非華籍最多是73, 那麼,最多收生比例是:
華籍:123 / 非華籍:52

在第二輪面試名單中共有.............625
粗略估計:
中國人姓氏:566
擬似非中國人姓氏:59

Although you are appling for French, school may call you and seeks if you would like to change to Chinese stream, so, I think the compeition is also very keen.

Look at those "DSS" schools, I think most of them are using Enlgish as 1st teaching languages.

In addition, I would like to encourage you sons should study more in Chinese as we are living in HK and China is becoming a strong country, Chinese cannot be ignored for child's education.

發表於 08-11-7 13:31 |顯示全部帖子

dear hj6153,
thanks a lot for sharing your analyze!
you are right, i think chinese is absolutely a must for our kids! considering the global situation and their family background (finally all chinese, french and english are must for them... my wife will hit my head if i write only chinese is a must...).
that's part of reason we wouldn't really consider the lycee francais.
diocesan is a good school to consider as well! if i'm right, they have french lesson from P3....
but there are 2 diocesan primary, i heard that 1 is eng. primary and the other 1 is chinese primary.
do you know which one?! is that the preparatory school is english primary?! but don't you think diocesan school is very very demanding as well?!

原帖由 HJ6153 於 7/11/2008 13:00 發表
Dear flostangraphy

I suggest you should not only apply TSL for your son, it is really a high risk.  2009/2010 P1 application is over 2500 and there is only 25% will grant 2nd interview.  Even you are ...

發表於 08-11-7 13:44 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Florstangraphy,

Just for your information.  For the French stream, students can choose Chinese as the 3rd language, therefore, your children can also learn Chinese as well.  But you must be noted that Chinese as the 3rd language, means the level of Chinese may be lower than that of the Chinese stream.

發表於 08-11-7 14:02 |顯示全部帖子
flostangraphy,
you may want to think about what kind of secondary schools you want your sons to go to.  Do you intend to stay in HK for long?  As far as I knowTSL is a local school and most of their graduates go to local secondary schools.  There may not be many local secondary schools offering French as a major language subject.  Honestly, French may not be considered very useful and popular in HK (hope you don't mind and I could be wrong), and there may not be many qualified teachers here.  But if you want to send your kids to France or elsewhere for secondary education, that's a different story.

[ 本帖最後由 kaifu 於 08-11-7 14:04 編輯 ]

發表於 08-11-7 14:22 |顯示全部帖子
yes, me and my wife, we both understand that, we would like to focus on the ability of communication. even thought he will not be a famous writer of novels. it's fine with us. we know that it's never easy to have 3 mother tongues...

so if the quota for non chinese are 52
and the 2nd interview non chinese are around 59...

原帖由 angelprincess 於 7/11/2008 13:44 發表
Dear Florstangraphy,

Just for your information.  For the French stream, students can choose Chinese as the 3rd language, therefore, your children can also learn Chinese as well.  But you must be note ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-12-9 22:35 編輯 ]

發表於 08-11-7 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
we haven't thought about the secondary school yet....
it's really a long time to go....
i prefer try to focus on a good primary school which he will be happy for 6 years... (hopefully 6... ) and let him define as what he want to be. then i will have more data about which secondary school would be better for him.
for the moment, i don't think limited the choice by selecting depends on the secondary school is a good way for him. too much data is going to change during these 6 years.
please let me know if i'm making a mistake thinking such way.

原帖由 kaifu 於 7/11/2008 14:02 發表
flostangraphy,
you may want to think about what kind of secondary schools you want your sons to go to.  Do you intend to stay in HK for long?  As far as I knowTSL is a local school and most of their  ...

發表於 08-11-7 17:39 |顯示全部帖子
as for the 2nd part of thinking.
french background is important to our children but we also understand the geographic status. we think our children my at least finished secondary school in hong kong. possibly go to where else they want to for their high level studies depends on what they want and their abilities!
actually there are around 7000 french people registered at french consulate and more than 200 french hold companies at hong kong.
around 115 million people speak as 1st or 2nd language on earth.
in europe, other than la france, belgium, switzerland, luxembourg and monaco speak french.
french is mostly a second language in africa, like tunisia, morocco, algeria... to name some of them.
about 7 million canadians are native french speakers, who are mainly live in quebec.
as in asia, you can alos find french speakers very often in vietnam, myanmar, singapore more and more, india as well. French is an administrative language in laos and cambodia.
french is a 2nd official language in some area of oceania.

you see, french is actually everywhere!!
to be honest, when we talk in french with my wife in the mtr, we always afraid someone would understand us.....

原帖由 kaifu 於 7/11/2008 14:02 發表
flostangraphy,
you may want to think about what kind of secondary schools you want your sons to go to.  Do you intend to stay in HK for long?  As far as I knowTSL is a local school and most of their  ...