教育王國 討論區 小一選校 收到王錦輝Waitlist 後有無最新消息呢?
樓主: sea
go

收到王錦輝Waitlist 後有無最新消息呢? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 08-11-2 21:06 |只看該作者
me too.

原帖由 yvonnechang86 於 08-11-2 00:38 發表
Yes, I got the letter of waiting list today.

42#
發表於 08-11-3 10:30 |只看該作者
I also received the letter on saturday & also put on waiting list.  Per my notice, we are already the 2nd batch & still have next batch on waitlist who haven't went for parent's interview.

Per my own opinion, WKF originally is my 1st choice for my daughter, after a long perior, our 1st interview conducted on August, after 2 months with in & out interview, waiting, interview & waiting again, I absolutely tired & feel disappointed. We are so called 2nd batch & exactlly 3rd or even further batch.  Why the school call us for interview if the applicants are overwhelming, why not just keep us as waiting till the seat released enough? whether our kids are being classified or parents?

43#
發表於 08-11-3 10:53 |只看該作者
lenmama,

Totally agree!
I am still considering whether to fax back to school to keep waiting.

原帖由 lenmama 於 08-11-3 10:30 發表
I also received the letter on saturday & also put on waiting list.  Per my notice, we are already the 2nd batch & still have next batch on waitlist who haven't went for parent's interview.

Per my own ...

44#
發表於 08-11-3 11:16 |只看該作者
Many parents are still waiting for the news from other schools but no complaints. Why this school always creates "ill-feelings" on parents?

I think this school is losing lots of good applicants & parents. Doubt on its prospects...

45#
發表於 08-11-3 11:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 DodoluMama 於 08-11-3 10:53 發表
lenmama,

Totally agree!
I am still considering whether to fax back to school to keep waiting.

DodoluMama,
Although I feel disappointed, I still send back to school for waiting, because this is the one of DSS closed to our home.  My husband & me are agreed that DSS is more suitable for us which parents are working at daytime & need night time to review the school life & enjoy family relationship, we don't want to take traditional school life.  

We also apply PuiKiu, we love it too but it is not mainly used english & still waiting for result.

So I also recommend you to fax back the waitlist reply, lets just keep the chance.

46#
發表於 08-11-3 11:28 |只看該作者
Yes, agree to fax in the form and keep the chance before you can make a final decision.

I've decided to give up the offer earlier (I forced myself to make a decision as the school just gave me 1 day rigid notice for "in-person registration"). Don't want to waste time on this school that doesn't respect child + parents.

I'm not here to discourage anyone to withdraw. Every case is unique and every child has his/ her own talents. However, for parents who are still not able to make a choice, we should maximize the chance for our kids.

For Pui Kiu, from my personal views, it's a better choice than WKF. Some ppl may comment that it's a CMI, I don't think WKF's English standard is high. Have veiwed kids' class work at the night when admission talk was held, the standard, obviously, cannot be said as "high".

原帖由 lenmama 於 08-11-3 11:16 發表

DodoluMama,
Although I feel disappointed, I still send back to school for waiting, because this is the one of DSS closed to our home.  My husband & me are agreed that DSS is more suitable for us whic ...

47#
發表於 08-11-3 11:36 |只看該作者
I think what frustrate the parents is the admission prcoess that is so cumbersome when compare to other DSS or private schools. LOGICALLY, school will start another round of interview when there are seats become available after their round one registration. I don't want to further comment on the process because we are open to reply "yes" or "no" to stay on the waiting list.

Personally, I like Pui Kui College process better.
1. Straight in after 1st interview
2. 2nd interview offered for certain candidates
3. School allow parents to register after 11/24 lottery result published.

This is good for the school as they will have SERIOUS parents who want their kids to go to Pui Kui College and avoid many drop-outs afterwards. I hope we also have good news from Pui Kui College soon.  

原帖由 lenmama 於 08-11-3 11:16 發表

DodoluMama,
Although I feel disappointed, I still send back to school for waiting, because this is the one of DSS closed to our home.  My husband & me are agreed that DSS is more suitable for us whic ...

[ 本帖最後由 DodoluMama 於 08-11-3 11:46 編輯 ]

48#
發表於 08-11-3 11:43 |只看該作者
原帖由 Bilobi 於 08-11-3 11:28 發表
Yes, agree to fax in the form and keep the chance before you can make a final decision.

I've decided to give up the offer earlier (I forced myself to make a decision as the school just gave me 1 day  ...

Hi Bilobi,
What is meaning of "CMI"?

49#
發表於 08-11-3 14:48 |只看該作者
I think it is their marketing strategy that to put all 2nd interviewed parents on waiting list.  So that when they accept your application, you will cherish their offer.

50#
發表於 08-11-3 19:35 |只看該作者
Good luck. You select the schools; the school select you.

51#
發表於 08-11-3 20:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 yvonnechang86 於 08-11-3 19:35 發表
Good luck. You select the schools; the school select you.

I think 90% of applicants are put on waiting list.  It is the school strategy.  We are in the game now!

At this moment, the 1st round "lucky draw" result is not yet released.  How many parent will take DSS offer?   Frankly speaking, I will not take it even WKF offer a seat now.  As I don't want to give up the "lucky draw".  So that's why WKF would sent out the waiting list letter to those parents at this critical time.  After 24 Nov, they will send out the acceptance letter to all who are willing to wait for the seat.  It is the stretagy.  Really poor!

It really makes parents so frastrated.   I know some parent really have bad feeling about such arrangement.  Even the school has offer, I will decline it without hesitation.:;pppp:

52#
發表於 08-11-3 21:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 peipeibb 於 08-11-3 20:35 發表

I think 90% of applicants are put on waiting list.  It is the school strategy.  We are in the game now!

At this moment, the 1st round "lucky draw" result is not yet released.  How many parent will  ...

Some kids attend the 3 rd round interview but finally received the reject letter at early October.

53#
發表於 08-11-3 23:38 |只看該作者
We received the waitlist letter in mid Oct and still did not have any 2nd interview.
Anyone have the same case?

If parents went for 2nd interview and still received the waitlist letter afterwards, any differences between these waitlists?

54#
發表於 08-11-3 23:55 |只看該作者
I think there are so many parents apply for different DDS schools at the same time, if some of the smart kids get successful seats in those schools, they will keep the place for sure, and if they also not give up the (大抽獎), be honest, it is not fair to the those who cannot afford to study in DDS school.

no pain, no gain.
if your like the school, go for it, if your don't like the school, just give up and don't complain,

I just feel complain is not way to solve problem, however, nowadays, hong kong people used to that culture,

I don't mean to make anybody had bad feeling, I just feel to much complaint in the BK forum....

55#
發表於 08-11-4 10:18 |只看該作者
原帖由 Jasmama 於 08-11-3 23:38 發表
We received the waitlist letter in mid Oct and still did not have any 2nd interview.
Anyone have the same case?

If parents went for 2nd interview and still received the waitlist letter afterwards, a ...

I guess that you are the batch 3, those arranged 2nd interview after mid oct are batch 2 which some are offered just few days ago & some are still on waiting list, the waiting list in batch 2 may receive the offer if there are seat available later, batch 3 maybe even later to receive the offer if any seat available at later on.  Or batch 2 even same situation as batch 3 as nobody know their exactly strategy.  However seems that there are a lot of batch 2 are under waiting list, as I heard that they have a long list of reply slip received yesterday.

56#
發表於 08-11-4 10:27 |只看該作者
I have a waitlist but no 2nd interview also.
大家的處境和情緒都各有不同, 這裡是大家分享和支持的地方. 互相體諒和勉勵吧!

醒目開學勳章

57#
發表於 08-11-4 12:03 |只看該作者
我係 13/10 收到 waitlist 信後到而家都未有新消息..

58#
發表於 08-11-5 11:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 Oscar媽 於 08-11-4 12:03 發表
我係 13/10 收到 waitlist 信後到而家都未有新消息..

ME TOO........

59#
發表於 08-11-6 12:59 |只看該作者