2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-10-18 22:07 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

What do you want to know ?

Ruby

3#
發表於 09-1-6 13:52 |只看該作者
I know that GSIS is a very high-standard international school.  May I know students' performance on the discipline side?  I suppose they are better-disciplined kids having regard to the German culture?  How about Chinese learning?  I guess it would be relatively weak as compared with other IS like ESF as Putonghua will only be the 3rd language.

4#
發表於 09-1-9 19:20 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Regarding discipline, it comes first in this school.
Regarding chinese, my daughter say she have classmates study in SIS and CIS before, they say they do GSIS P6 chinese book when they were P2 in old school...O lol!
But, I am still checking as if their Maths and english is as good as GSIS students...
Anyway, I am still very happy with this school!

5#
發表於 09-1-10 23:29 |只看該作者
I'd like to know if it's very difficult to enroll in GSIS? Any specific criteria of enrollment?
In order to enter GSIS, any kindergarten(s) are preferable?

原帖由 NLai 於 09-1-9 19:20 發表
Regarding chinese, my daughter say she have classmates study in SIS and CIS before, they say they do GSIS P6 chinese book when they were P2 in old ...
怕你長得太快,未及把你看仔細;怕你長得太慢,恨不得你快高長大

買得太多玩具,怕你會將佢哋四圍堆;買得太少玩具,又怕你會憨居居

6#
發表於 09-1-12 11:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 NLai 於 09-1-9 19:20 發表
Regarding chinese, my daughter say she have classmates study in SIS and CIS before, they say they do GSIS P6 chinese book when they were P2 in old ...

icic.  Thanks very much.  Actually, I have no doubt the academic performance of GSIS students, including maths and other subjects.  Just that I know they treat Chinese as the third lauguange only (English being the first and German being the second) and that students will only start learning Putonghua/Chinese at around 8.  

When did your daugher start studying in GSIS?  From K1?  Does she like school?  How about you?  So far so good?

7#
發表於 09-1-12 13:57 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Dear Ann0805,
Yes, agree, they put many effort in German, and is OK for my daughter and myself. She just join this year, in P6, and she likes GSIS. so do I.
Dear Kariewu,
Some people say is very hard to get in GSIS, my daughter say is vey easy, I think is really depend on which education you give the kid. My kid study in The Peak Pre-School before primary. But I think if the school can choose, they will take good academic/ behavior kid.

8#
發表於 09-1-12 17:01 |只看該作者
NLai, Thanks.  So your daughter is not joining GSIS all the way from K1.  Good to hear that both your daughter and u like the school.  

Just wonder if you have hire private tutor to "enhance" the Putonghua/Chinese learning for your daughter?

9#
發表於 09-1-13 12:51 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Yes, all the past 7 years!

10#
發表於 09-1-13 22:37 |只看該作者
NLai,

I sent you a PM.  Please check.

原帖由 NLai 於 09-1-13 12:51 發表
Yes, all the past 7 years!

11#
發表於 09-1-14 15:25 |只看該作者
Oh?  Really? Can you share more in this respect?  Did you hire a private tutor for teaching your daughter Chinese/Putonghua?  My hubby and I are planning to do so when my son reaches the age of say, around 2.  Should I start earlier?  BTW, can you share how many hours of private lessons is your daughter having?

12#
發表於 09-1-15 12:41 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

If your son is so young like 2 years old, better go to Mandarin playgroup, sing song or listen story...Language normally come from listening first! then they can speak, around 4 can have small group class learn writing with friends. My daughter is 10 now, she have many special questions on her homework, so she have to get private tutor class.

13#
發表於 09-2-4 10:56 |只看該作者
Does anyone know the "K1" interview details of GSIS? I like this school and want to start from K1.

Would you please share with me if you had any experience. Thanks!

14#
發表於 09-2-4 23:33 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

GSIS has kindergarten. So I suppose the best way to get in GSIS is to start with its kindergarten.

My son joined GSIS in Year 3 last April (mid term).
I would say the discipline of this school is very good, as good as its academic standard.

I have this feeling becos of the incidence happened during & after my son's assessment.

On the first day my son started with GSIS, I was being asked to meet the principal. The principal told me that my son did well academically in the tests. However, they did not offer him the place immediately as they had a doubt that he has an 'attitude' problem. She said that's becos he 'threw' the test paper to the teacher after he finished. They discussed his case in internal meeting with the head principal, call my son's previous school teachers to get more reference, before they finally offered him the place!  I explained to the principal that I think my son was just too anxious to hand in the test quickly, he was always a well-behaved boy, shown in his previous school reports. She accepted my explanation as my son's previous school teachers assured her the same thing. However, the principal still said that they will have a close observation on my son in the next 6 months......

Finally, he passed the 'probation' and now enjoying his school life.

That's why I think this is really a stringent school looking for good students not only in terms of academic performance, but behavior and attitude.

Ruby
‹ 上一主題|下一主題