搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 +寶山幼稚園+
樓主: MrsMWong
go

+寶山幼稚園+ [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-9-17 00:34 |只看該作者
EvaKim,

Thanks a lot! Good luck to you and your son too. I've sent you a pm.

22#
發表於 10-1-7 01:35 |只看該作者
Hi tumtum,

i am a new comer and just saw this discussion about head-start program for Braemar hill nursury.

Can you provide more info? my baby is 11 month old now and i just applied for the pre-nursery. but now i heard there is a program called head-start before the pre-nusery and that i must join otherwise there is no chance whatsoever to get into the Braemar Hill pre-nursery.

do you know much about the Head-start program? i cant even find the website for it.....

Pls advise....

原帖由 tumtum 於 08-11-14 16:58 發表
Annette_Lau

The "Head-start" program is a new program introduced this year.  All applicants will need to attend this program when they are around 1.5 years old.  The school will then choose a bunch o ...

23#
發表於 10-3-1 14:13 |只看該作者
hi missie:

I just saw your post, so your baby is just over 1 year old now right?

Don't worry, since you have already applied for PN, they will include you in the batch for the headstart program which the kids will attend when they are around 1 yr 8 months old.  It's a short program, about 2.5 months with one class a week.  The school uses it to observe the kids and to decide who to choose for PN interviews.  Good luck!

原帖由 missie 於 10-1-7 01:35 發表
Hi tumtum,

i am a new comer and just saw this discussion about head-start program for Braemar hill nursury.

Can you provide more info? my baby is 11 month old now and i just applied for the pre-nurs ...

24#
發表於 10-3-11 23:06 |只看該作者
I have been attending the headstart program since January and my comments are - they only care about people with money and power.  It does not matter how well the child performed.  It does not matter that the child cried all the time.  As long as you have the right background that fits into their category, your child will be admitted.

25#
發表於 10-3-12 10:43 |只看該作者
and...just a genuine word of advice, those who have the slightest doubt that your background may not be their 'cup of tea' (you know what i mean), don't waste your time, money and effort.  i was too naive when i first applied, thinking that if we perform well, maybe they will fall eyes on us.  nope!  we weren't even invited for an interview.  that's how humiliating it was.  but i am still proud of my son because he worked so hard and he really did perform well.

26#
發表於 10-3-12 15:00 |只看該作者
so, we should seriously think:

Is it a real good school or

we want so much to send our children to the kinder in order to bloat our ego or to fill our vanity gap....

27#
發表於 10-3-12 16:01 |只看該作者
The reason for wanting to send kids to 寶山幼稚園 is more to do with the fact that they have the best admission record for St Paul Coed (~60% of their kids get in every year).
However, most parents who manage to send kids there probably have their own connections.
Therefore how much credit the school can claim is open to debate!

原帖由 ikerberg 於 10-3-12 15:00 發表
so, we should seriously think:

Is it a real good school or

we want so much to send our children to the kinder in order to bloat our ego or to fill our vanity gap....

28#
發表於 10-3-12 16:11 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

29#
發表於 10-3-12 23:19 |只看該作者
just to be fair, i think the school's curriculum should be good.  otherwise how can kids cope with the high demands of SPCC and DGS for those who are accepted.  that was one of the reason why i wanted my kid to study there.  however, i was disgusted with their admission process.  it was not based on headstart's performance but rather by the parents' background/connections.  i guess, maybe in reality, connections are so much more important than ability.

the 2 teachers at the headstart program were very nice and patient.  i do want to give them big credits.  however, the program coordinator, who is here every class to give so-called 'advice' and 'techniques' in handling crying toddlers, was only interested in mingling/chitchatting with the parents who already have older kids attending BHNS.  i can't speak for others but at least for me, i never felt i was treated with the same attitude since the beginning.

30#
發表於 10-3-13 04:45 |只看該作者
it is just a "Real Cold World in Miniature"... so, you should not be surprised by the way you were being treated....

every school has their own rules of the game... and some famous traditional kinder sound to be fair but in fact everything is based on your connections and the background of the parents....

let's face it, the real world is COLD too.

[ 本帖最後由 ikerberg 於 10-3-13 04:46 編輯 ]

31#
發表於 10-3-15 12:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 ikerberg 於 10-3-13 04:45 發表
it is just a "Real Cold World in Miniature"... so, you should not be surprised by the way you were being treated....

every school has their own rules of the game... and some famous traditional kinder ...

poor children - they have to face the cold reality even before they realize it.

32#
發表於 10-3-22 17:50 |只看該作者
The children didn't choose to go there, only their parents do all the planning for them.

We can only say the school still look for one's ability in the admission process, however look at the wrong ones - the parents instead of the kids themselves.   

If we have hesitation about this school, just don't apply it, that's all.  

原帖由 donutbaby 於 10-3-15 12:29 發表

poor children - they have to face the cold reality even before they realize it.
HELLO!

33#
發表於 10-3-23 09:24 |只看該作者
dear donutbaby,
i feel so sorry to hear your experience in BH,
it's very good that you can see clearly about the culture of the school,
and you don't need to waste your baby's time on it anymore,
good luck!

34#
發表於 10-3-24 08:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 yaulinda 於 10-3-23 09:24 發表
dear donutbaby,
i feel so sorry to hear your experience in BH,
it's very good that you can see clearly about the culture of the school,
and you don't need to waste your baby's time on it anymore,
goo ...

Thanks for your support yaulinda.  I have applied to a few other schools too and am now waiting for their results.  I don't think BHNS is the only way out so I'm still optimistic!

35#
發表於 10-3-24 12:57 |只看該作者
I think this year they have 84 places in total and 48 siblings applied.  On top of that, there are also kids of aumni etc.  Most schools will give priority to these people and so it is actually quite difficult to get in.  Performance in Headstart does make a difference as I know there were at least 2 to 3 siblings who did not get accepted because they did not do well in Headstart.

36#
發表於 10-3-24 22:56 |只看該作者
Hi tumtum,

Do you know if this year result is out yet?  Many thanks

37#
發表於 10-3-26 16:48 |只看該作者
I know that most of the siblings accepted in the first round have already registered.  The marginal ones are going through second round interviews right now.

38#
發表於 10-3-26 16:49 |只看該作者
I think they also defer the starting date of the "small girls and boys" so if your kids are not "big kids" then you may actually hear from them later.  Good luck!

39#
發表於 10-3-28 15:59 |只看該作者
The difference is a very small percentage.  I think those who got in thinks it's a fair game, those who didn't (like me), thinks it's not.  

Regardless, am sure there are lots of advantages to this school.  So good luck to everyone.

40#
發表於 10-3-28 23:32 |只看該作者
I totally agree with donutbaby.
My baby and I also attended the Headstart program. My baby can sit properly and listen to the whole story and he is also quite independent.
However, he is not been accepted. The interviewers said he is still not mature enough. Their comments are really unfair.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題