用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 +寶山幼稚園+
查看: 30642|回覆: 44
go

+寶山幼稚園+

發表於 08-10-2 16:44 |顯示全部帖子
請問有冇mummy會幫BB報讀寶山幼稚園? 因為冇website...just got limited info. 佢哋係咪also有playgroup lei? pls advise, thanks.

發表於 08-10-2 17:37 |顯示全部帖子
寶山幼稚園係無website,如果你有興趣可以打電話問下佢地報名詳情,不過聽聞唔係個個報名佢地都見。講明我地血統唔高貴,我小朋友唔係係到讀。

發表於 08-10-2 17:47 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Lilo 於 08-10-2 17:37 發表

呢間幼稚園只收d好好好有錢父母既子女,如果唔係好有錢,父母都係醫生,律師或政府高官,因為我樣樣都唔係,所以冇諗過報...

發表於 08-10-3 10:24 |顯示全部帖子
This is not a kindergarten that needs to advertise itself, hence no website.
This year, they moved to Jardin's Lookout & this is a huge improvement from their previous 'back of a supermarket' site.
Statistically, it must be considered one of the best kindergartens in Hong Kong. Last year, close to 70% got into SPCC with another 10% into DBS / DGS. The rest went to La Salle, St Joseph, St Paul Boys, St Stephen's Stanley, ISF & HKIS.
Mind you, most parents probably have their own connection with these top tier schools themselves (old boys, siblings...etc). So how big a part Braemar Hill plays is anybody's guess!

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 08-10-3 11:07 |顯示全部帖子
呢樣係真的, 我舊老闆幫仔女報寶山, 由於父母都係讀得成書又係名校出生, 即收
到佢細佬幫小朋友報, 由於"牌面"唔好, 校長好"婉轉"咁turn down左佢, 面試都慳返(有家姐介紹都係假!)
原帖由 Lilo 於 08-10-2 05:37 PM 發表

發表於 08-10-3 11:27 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

聽講寶山門口有好多保鑣接放學架

發表於 08-10-3 17:56 |顯示全部帖子
寶山冇playgroup, 但所有学生都要先上一個叫ELP (early learning program) 嘅course幾個月, 跟住先至返PN BB班, K1 etc.  Btw 佢地只收大仔, 唔可以做細仔

如要報, BB一出世就好交form了

原帖由 MrsMWong 於 08-10-2 16:44 發表
請問有冇mummy會幫BB報讀寶山幼稚園? 因為冇website...just got limited info. 佢哋係咪also有playgroup lei? pls advise, thanks.

發表於 08-11-14 14:27 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Tum Tum,
Are you saying the "Head Start" program? Will it means that if they didn't offer a seat for the early learning program, the babies will have no chance to get into their N1 or K1?

發表於 08-11-14 14:43 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Tum Tum,

Are you saying if they dont offer the seat for the Early Learning Program ( will that be same as the "Head Start" Program?), indirectly meaning they won't accept the babies to N1 or K1?

發表於 08-11-14 16:58 |顯示全部帖子
Annette_Lau

The "Head-start" program is a new program introduced this year.  All applicants will need to attend this program when they are around 1.5 years old.  The school will then choose a bunch of kids from this Head-Start program to join the ELP which will start when the kids are around 2 years old.  

Therefore, getting into the Headstart program does not guarantee your child admission into the kinder years.  Your child needs to get into the ELP program to ensure he/she will have the space for PN, K1 etc.

Therefore, yes, if the child didn't get offered a seat in the early learning program, then he/she will basically have no chance getting into their PN or K1.

發表於 08-11-14 17:37 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 219媽媽 於 08-10-2 17:47 發表

呢間幼稚園只收d好好好有錢父母既子女,如果唔係好有錢,父母都係醫生,律師或政府高官,因為我樣樣都唔係,所以冇諗過報...

都唔一定是好好好有錢都收架,如果你有錢得來但又是暴發戶,佢地都唔so你架。最好你是blue blood啦,唔係都唔使唸了。

發表於 08-11-17 10:02 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

Tumtum,

We submitted an application for our baby when he was 8 mths old.  The admin staff informed that there had already been more than 100 applicants ahead of us .  He will attend "Head Start", a 4-mth playgroup programme commencing next Jan.  The co-ordinator advises that there are 4 classes, each of which would have 10-12 participants.  It appears that not all applicants are invited to join "Head Start".  Do you have any idea about the size of the ELP and the invitation process?  Thx

發表於 08-11-17 10:33 |顯示全部帖子
Martong:

It is true that the Headstart program is by invitation only, as like you said there are many applicants.  My understanding is they are having the first Headstart course in Jan 09, and then another one in Oct 09.  ELP will start in Feb 2010 I guess.

Since there are max 70 students in their PN program at the new campus (used to be only 48), and given that the number of ELP students will be about the same, if you are saying the Jan Headstart has about 40-48 kids, and since there will be another seesion in Oct for say another 40-48 kids for a total of 80-96, and then out of those 70 will get into ELP, I think your baby will stand a good chance of getting in.

If the school decides to offer you a space in ELP they will send you a letter inviting you to an interview with the principal and vice principal.  If your kid gets to interview then his/her chance of getting in is very high as they only interview a very limited number of kids.

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

發表於 08-11-20 10:39 |顯示全部帖子
實在係漫漫長路:Head Start---->ELP--->N1--->K1

It is little doubt parents choosing this nursery would generally aim at those famous local schools, notably SPCCPS.  If one has no relationship with such schools at all, to get into a good kindy sounds a good start.  

Somehow, this is satirical we opt for Breamar Hill principally based on its track record admission rate to SPCCPS, without knowing anything about its education philosophy, teaching mode, teachers' attitude, parents-school relationship and etc, which should be more important for a kid's growth.  In a modern world, there is no website, no school visit, no introductory briefing, no publication and little if not no information on Education Bureau's site.  We can only get piecemeal information from friends/relatives whose kids were studying there, but may be years ago.  Having said that, there is a long queue for this kindy.

發表於 08-11-20 12:42 |顯示全部帖子
They usually invite parents to a school visit before they invite your kid to an interview for ELP.  The class size is small - max 14 kids.  They encourage very active parents involvement - they have parent committees for everything, even to sort out parking issues!

發表於 08-11-20 17:20 |顯示全部帖子
Thx for your input, tumtum

發表於 09-9-7 23:19 |顯示全部帖子
Anyone applied for 2011 N1? Any news? Please share.

Thank you!

發表於 09-9-7 23:51 |顯示全部帖子
They have a website (not sure if it's newly set up or not)
http://www.braemarhillnurseryschool.net/home.htm

I submitted my application when my baby was 3 months old.  They have sent me a letter a few weeks ago and asked me to delay the nursery school application for one year as they don't accept small baby (my son is a 0810 baby, i.e. 細仔).  However, I am offered an application form for the Head Start program.  Not sure if my baby can join the Oct09 class though.  They said that there is a long queue for the Head Start program as well.

發表於 09-9-8 14:24 |顯示全部帖子
Hi EvaKim,

Nice to know that you've also applied for the same school.

Same situation here now.  Received the application form for headstart but dont know much about further details.

Do you know if getting the application means more or less being accepted to the programme?

Good luck to both of us. = )

發表於 09-9-8 15:44 |顯示全部帖子
vcookie - I don't know.  I called them when I got the form.  They said that there would only be space if the babies currently attending the playgroup do not enroll for the next month's.  

I do not have high hope though.  Good luck to you!