教育王國 討論區 小一選校 英華 vs 聖瑪加利 ?
樓主: ChapmanMa
go

英華 vs 聖瑪加利 ? [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 08-9-30 11:29 |只看該作者
讀一年,要無鞋挽屐走,點解咁得人驚,我又想知添!

原帖由 catcatmom 於 08-9-30 11:03 發表
你間kinder, 我朋友個仔讀了一年, 無鞋挽屐走! 愉快教學唔係o甘既 ! 我一早收曬"風".   

82#
發表於 08-9-30 11:32 |只看該作者
Smartcar,

I totally agree with Kyliema2006 and G-Ma - parents involvement.

My boy was in the same kinder as you boy.  He knew the name of the kinder both in Cantonese and English while he was in K2 as we understood this would be a quite standard question to be asked during interviews.

I would say graduates from the kinder you mentioned (HKBUK) are relatively weak in writing and spelling as the kinder is rather focused on training the kids to think and explore by themselves through the theme based curriculum in which the contents are quite indepth at kinder level - this is the strengh of the kinder (though this is not widely accepted by most schools).  I also understand some of the parents of this kinder did supplement the weakness of the kinder by putting their kids to tutorial class like kumon for sake of smooth transition into traditional schools.  

I am very glad that SMC advocates similar teaching style so that we can have continuity.  

I note even DBS and St Paul Co-ed are adopting the same - less homework, more activities and to develop the habit of self-learning.  The major homework in St Paul Co-ed in P1 is to read 40+ books a year.  Students would learn a lot of vocabulary and from contents of these books - i.e. knowledge outside the school syllabus.  While DBS has little homework, the exam paper is not that easy (usually 1-2 grade up) and this is to develop aggressive self learning discipline of its students and provides flexibility for the parents on what have to be enhanced for their kids.  The exam is the benchmark of what should be known to the students of the same grade per the school's standard.
P.S. these are the real cases of the kids of my friends currently studying in St Paul Co-ed and DBS (P5 and P6 respectively).  Their calibre are fit for those schools and both of them find it not difficult.

83#
發表於 08-9-30 11:55 |只看該作者
對,聖保羅男女的小學都是很輕鬆的,因為差不多每個家長都會培育其子女,所以成績都很突出。但到中學就變回傳統中學了。

84#
發表於 08-9-30 12:03 |只看該作者
Kyliema2006,

If the kids are fit for the school, they would find school life happy and easy.  That's why I try to point out that suitability is most important.  Hence, parents have to know their kids well and also to know themselve well (evaluate how much time resources could be spent on the kid) before they choose the school.  One's candy may be another person's poison.

原帖由 kyliema2006 於 08-9-30 11:55 發表
對,聖保羅男女的小學都是很輕鬆的,因為差不多每個家長都會培育其子女,所以成績都很突出。但到中學就變回傳統中學了。

85#
發表於 08-9-30 12:23 |只看該作者
Catcatmom,

I think your friend did not have conducted sufficient research before putting the kid there.  The style of the kinder remains the same - theme based curriculum, less writing and copying as the kinder believes the early education should be an extension of family education.  Thus, students are not required to put on school uniforms and the themes they study are closely related to real life, e.g. they learn sports and the olympic game in 2nd term 2008 in very depth.  Besides, doing too much writing at an early stage is considered not so good for the kids as their small muscles have not yet fully developed.

I understand some parents of the kinder were quite frastructed in the P1 process as the affilate primary school suddenly refused to accept all graduates from the kinder (against what was said in the K1 interview - a full chain school from kinder to U).  Besides, the teaching style of the kinder are not widely accepted by most traditional schools.  This is a valid point that parents have to consider.

Frankly speaking, the kinder really help developing the curiosity and creativity of the kids as they are encouraged to explore and express their views.

I would say the mentioned kinder is different with traditional kinders but close to international kinders, like ESF, Kingston...  It is good that your friend realized the gap in time.

原帖由 catcatmom 於 08-9-30 11:03 發表
你間kinder, 我朋友個仔讀了一年, 無鞋挽屐走! 愉快教學唔係o甘既 ! 我一早收曬"風".   

86#
發表於 08-9-30 14:17 |只看該作者
一句講哂,
要威就讀YW(話比人聽會馨香D),

其他嘢(好處),
各有不同,
因人而異,
無謂拗,

其實,大家心裡有數,
何必要別人認同你/我的看法

最重要是貴子女適合那一間學校,
自己最清楚,

我的仔女,又點同你的仔女,
我住新界,
你可能住九龍或香港,

我的小朋友想搭校車,
你的小朋友可能坐BEN屎(打個比喻),

大家的情況同條件各有不同,
不能一概而論,
以免以偏概全,

最好都係自己想/唸清楚好D!

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-30 12:23 發表
Catcatmom,

I think your friend did not have conducted sufficient research before putting the kid there.  The style of the kinder remains the same - theme based curriculum, less writing and copying as ...

87#
發表於 08-9-30 14:50 |只看該作者
其實我並不知道你們討論的是什麼幼稚園!只是我很認同monkeydad所說,一定了解自己及子女,才能選擇一間合適的小學!

有很多家長一邊抱怨傳統教育令他們喘不過氣來,但當學校的功課少了,他們又會覺得子女學不到什麼,又向學校投訴了! 其實,他們自己又攪不清楚自己想要的教育是什麼!

[ 本帖最後由 sara 於 08-9-30 15:14 編輯 ]

88#
發表於 08-9-30 14:54 |只看該作者
I concurred.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-30 12:03 發表
Kyliema2006,

If the kids are fit for the school, they would find school life happy and easy.  That's why I try to point out that suitability is most important.  Hence, parents have to know their kids ...

89#
發表於 08-9-30 15:30 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

幼稚園係玩國際學校自由風,啟發思維為主, 朋友一早收了風先至入去.當年佢係好難考入去,讀了一年便走了, 去了間國際幼稚園讀完k1&k2, (因幼稚園沒有k3), 轉校之後一樣無默書, 無抄寫, 朋友個仔英文很好(佢係mix), 所以不是為了英文好而轉校, e+dbs讀緊小5.

沒一間學校or 幼稚園會please everybody, 朋友經過心思熟慮先入學, 結果發覺唔係自已杯茶.至於學校係點? 讀過既家長比其他人清楚. 唔方便disclosed朋友既comments.
引來爭議. 還是說說如果你是認同佢既理念, 為何不讀升校小學部, SMC相比下亦不容易考.         

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-30 12:23 發表
Catcatmom,

I think your friend did not have conducted sufficient research before putting the kid there.  The style of the kinder remains the same - theme based curriculum, less writing and copying as ...

90#
發表於 08-9-30 16:23 |只看該作者
Catcatmom,

Thanks for your response and apologize for my misunderstanding.  I am happy to learn your friend eventually found her cup of tea.

We didn't take up the offer from the affiliate school because we were quite disappointed with the inconsistency of the school board.  In our K1 interview in Dec 2004, we were clearly told that it would be a full chain from kindergarden to secondary using the same 理念.  However, we subsequently found out (very late, in K3) the affiliate school is not following that 理念.  The affiliate school is moving towards the traditional school style.

Besides, the most determining factor was our 2nd interview with the vice principal of SMC - she explicitly and concretely decribed the style and methodology used in SMC whereas we found the 2nd interview of the affiliate school did not provide anything of similar nature.

91#
發表於 08-10-1 17:36 |只看該作者
System deleted.

[ 本帖最後由 WD40 於 08-10-1 17:43 編輯 ]

92#
發表於 08-10-2 09:50 |只看該作者
上年既second interview都令我好impressed ! 因為Miss lee 講得出個interview我個女既動態,真係從interview結果分析到我個女既強項&弱項! 我係個女既媽咪,佢有咩好有咩唔好都幾了解,但係佢地interview左一個鐘,就可以知道一個小朋友的質素,所以我真係覺得學校有放心思去interview學生!所以一早就give up左大抽獎啦!
而且,學校個英語環境真係好好!其實很多學校(中學都係)話就話EMI學校,其實d早會,水運會or上課等等都係用中文運作,係掛羊頭賣狗肉的!

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-30 16:23 發表
Catcatmom,

Thanks for your response and apologize for my misunderstanding.  I am happy to learn your friend eventually found her cup of tea.

We didn't take up the offer from the affiliate school bec ...

93#
發表於 08-10-3 09:53 |只看該作者
Hi Sara, did you also apply other school ? And how you choose ?

原帖由 sara 於 08-10-2 09:50 發表
上年既second interview都令我好impressed ! 因為Miss lee 講得出個interview我個女既動態,真係從interview結果分析到我個女既強項&弱項! 我係個女既媽咪,佢有咩好有咩唔好都幾了解,但係佢地interview左一個鐘,就可 ...

94#
發表於 08-10-3 10:08 |只看該作者
Hi ChapmanMa,
Your son looks so familiar..   Do you live in Tsuen Wan??

95#
發表於 08-10-3 11:58 |只看該作者
Hi AaronMa, I live in Kwai Fong.  Do you know me ?  

原帖由 AaronMa 於 08-10-3 10:08 發表
Hi ChapmanMa,
Your son looks so familiar..   Do you live in Tsuen Wan??

96#
發表於 08-10-3 12:10 |只看該作者
Hi ChapmanMa,

Then maybe not.. ..  I saw a kid in my living area (Tsuen Wan) and he looks so much like your son..

97#
發表於 08-10-3 12:15 |只看該作者
That means my son's 樣貌 is so common.. he..he.. Is you kid studing in SMC or Ying Wah ?

原帖由 AaronMa 於 08-10-3 12:10 發表
Hi ChapmanMa,

Then maybe not.. ..  I saw a kid in my living area (Tsuen Wan) and he looks so much like your son..

98#
發表於 08-10-3 12:21 |只看該作者
I got the offer from SMC.  Waiting for Ying Wa but not quite interested becoz I want English school.  I also applied DBSPD..   Should be difficult..

99#
發表於 08-10-3 12:26 |只看該作者
I see and congradulation to you.  I like SMC very much.  Hope I am lucky la.  Please advise when is your 1st interview ?  I am still waiting for the result.  I did the 1st interview on 26 Sep....

原帖由 AaronMa 於 08-10-3 12:21 發表
I got the offer from SMC.  Waiting for Ying Wa but not quite interested becoz I want English school.  I also applied DBSPD..   Should be difficult..

100#
發表於 08-10-3 13:43 |只看該作者
我上年幫個女報左DGS, ST.PAUL,九龍塘&禮賢. 我個女有IN左DGS & ST.PAUL,當然只係陪跑啦!之後SM得左,我又要生仔(我個仔10月22日出世),所以已經無去九龍塘小學&禮賢既INTERVIEW啦!(好似係10月尾)
我係10月中已經CONFIRM左SM啦. 之後都有諗過讀返個女幼稚園直上那間小學,但那間學校的中文不是普通話教,而且其他科都不是英語教學,又要俾學費,交通又不便,所以最後都放棄了!
坦白講,要俾學費就一定是學校有特別之處,否則何不考慮津貼小學?

原帖由 ChapmanMa 於 08-10-3 09:53 發表
Hi Sara, did you also apply other school ? And how you choose ?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題