用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 黐脷根(Tongue Tie)和語言發展遲緩的關係?
樓主: lycheema
go

[聽/語障] 黐脷根(Tongue Tie)和語言發展遲緩的關係? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-2-26 09:53 |只看該作者
你好,可否告知你小朋友的情況,醫生有冇解釋條脷活動正常,為何發音不準呀

我仔係早產導致發展遲緩,有好多音都講得唔準,言語治療師話口肌弱講嘢時條脷又唔旭,脷根緊但冇影響發音,隨着年齡增長,仔仔講嘢清晰咗,開始發音比以前準,但仍有好多音都發得唔準,我都唔知佢係口肌弱還是痴脷根,見你的POST所以想知多些,THANKS
原帖由 labelle 於 09-2-25 23:52 發表
I will call you tomorrow or you can call my mobile too

42#
發表於 09-2-28 00:20 |只看該作者
Let's talk on Sunday, will call you ....

Lycheema

原帖由 labelle 於 09-2-25 23:52 發表
I will call you tomorrow or you can call my mobile too

43#
發表於 10-2-1 19:50 |只看該作者
Hi,

Just saw this post and found it useful. Can you also share any recommendated doctor for 耳科? I am not sure whether the problem is from the ear system or the tongue.

Many  thanks!

44#
發表於 10-2-10 16:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 O-Ma 於 10-2-1 19:50 發表
Hi,

Just saw this post and found it useful. Can you also share any recommendated doctor for 耳科? I am not sure whether the problem is from the ear system or the tongue.

Many  thanks!  ...

You can check out a list of hearing centers and then bring your kid to check for any potential ear defect.  If the result is normal, then you can decide what is the next.

45#
發表於 11-2-15 20:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 lycheema 於 10-10-2008 18:40 發表
唔好意思, 最近好忙, 亞女返小一,功課多得恨....

我仔仔現在說英語(佢唔識廣東話)真的進步了,而且發音好好多!

言語治療師(前協康會做)只做了四次,都話亞仔很大進步,起碼可說短句.....我工人日夜照顧亞仔都相信是cu ...

Hi lycheema

My BB is now 6 months.  We notice that he has tongue tie problem.  It is also confirmed by a PAEDIATRICS doctor.  I'm thinking when to take him to do the operation.  Would it be better to do the operation before he learns to speak?

Thanks.

46#
發表於 11-2-16 16:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 allegretto 於 11-2-15 20:25 發表

Hi lycheema

My BB is now 6 months.  We notice that he has tongue tie problem.  It is also confirmed by a PAEDIATRICS doctor.  I'm thinking when to take him to do the operation.  Would it be better ...

It is better to arrange the treatment as early as possible because the older and bigger the baby is, the more struggle and difficult to stay still to allow the doctor to cut it.  The process is quick and just a simple cut on the tie.
Hope it helps.

47#
發表於 11-2-18 01:24 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

48#
發表於 11-4-8 20:55 |只看該作者
Need advices from experienced mothers:
My son is 26 months old, and still can only say single words. I found he has W shape tongue so bring him to see 耳鼻喉科 doctor and  小兒外科 doctor Yip.  Both doctors said my son has tongue tie,  耳鼻喉科 doctor suggested to do the hearing test first as his opinion is that tongue tie may not be the reason for slow at speech/not accurate pronounciation, but  小兒外科 doctor Yip suggested to do the operation, but he mention my son's operation cannot be simply done in his clinic as it is not simply snipping, He mentioned that it is like more tissue attached to the bottom of mouth (so it looks like my son tougue is short), although my son still can push his tongue down out of the lower lip. He said it will cost around HK$20000 to do the surgery in hospital.

I feel puzzled:  it seems 耳鼻喉科 doctor think it is not a big deal (he mention minor only as my son's tongue can reach out of lower lip) but  小兒外科 doctor Yip think it is not a simple snip...more serious than I expect... and of course more expensive than I expect as well as I see in baby kingdom for doing surgery in hospital took less than HK$10000.

How do you think about my son's case...how do you think about Dr Yip? as in last visit, he only did a very simple and short look of my son's tongue (as my son seldom lift up his tongue due to inability to do so)...I'm really wonder is it so serious as mentioned by Dr Yip?

Thanks a lot!

49#
發表於 11-4-10 23:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 Rubyhoward 於 11-4-8 20:55 發表
My son is 26 months old, and still can only say single words. I found he has W shape tongue so bring him to see 耳鼻喉科 doctor and  小兒外科 doctor Yip.  Both d ...

Is your ENT Docter relatively younger than Dr. Yip??  Before you make a decision, you may need to understand their training backgrounds and beliefs regarding to tongue-tie problem.  Snipping is considered as very aggressive and non neccessary to many health professionals nowadays.  It is because there are more evidences to show that articulation may or may not caused by tongue-tie. A person with tongue-tie doesn't mean he can't speak right forever. Such articulation can be improved with appropriate training conducted by a speech therapist.  In fact, lot of cases show that a person can't speak right due to other oral motor problems other than tongue-tie.  That's why many "young" doctors (regardless of their specialties)  don't agree tongue-tie imparing speech development.  Dr. Yip's belief on tongue-tie is more old fashioned.  He was a surgeon in Queen Mary Hospital before he started private practice.  From his experiences, he is convined that a snipping do improve speech in lot of cases provided that tongue-tie is confirmed.  That's why you are puzzled by different opinions from different doctors.

50#
發表於 11-4-10 23:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 Rubyhoward 於 11-4-8 20:55 發表
My son is 26 months old, and still can only say single words. I found he has W shape tongue so bring him to see 耳鼻喉科 doctor and  小兒外科 doctor Yip.  Both d ...

I think I am what you call "experienced" mother as my two kids also suffered from tongue-tie.  Both of them are snipped at different ages with different types of operations.  One was done at 18 months old in Dr. Yip office.  Another was done at 3.5 year old in Hong Kong Sanatorium Hospital with the latest technology-dental water laser. You can look up the term "dental water laser" to get a better understanding.

Back to your question:  You kid is only 26 months old.  If he only needed a simple snipping, Dr. Yip's usual practice is to do it in his office with the  local anesthetics.  I know he had performed simple snippings in his office to older kids before.  If he mentions that your kid's case is more complicated or complex, maybe it 's worth to seek a second opinion from a doctor who would do the snipping.  You can ask which doctor does the snipping by calling the ENT department of Baptist or St. Teresa ( I don't remember which hospital ) and make an oppointment for evaluation.  Remember, you need to find a doctor who would do snipping if necessary for check up.  If you see another doctor who doesn't agree with snipping, there is no use as they've already perceived snipping as a unnecessary intervention.
Hope information help.

[ 本帖最後由 NT-1 於 11-4-11 00:02 編輯 ]

51#
發表於 11-4-12 23:34 |只看該作者
Thanks NT-1 for sharing, I've made up my mind to do the operation for my son after I read a book a out tongue tie. I do believe that there are some more emotional issue related with tongue tie. I observe my son's behavior, he will be very angry if he repeat something but no one understand, and he refuse to try some more times if he cannot say one word.. I read a book talking about better to do earlier before 3. I think Dr. Yip should be very experience. He told me my son's case is the severe tongue tie which simple clinical snip won't help much, so need to do more complete release in hospital with stitches, which indeed match with what mention in the book "tongue tie, from confuse to clarity"...so I have made appointment already, hope everything is smooth...

52#
發表於 11-4-23 23:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 Rubyhoward 於 11-4-12 23:34 發表
Thanks NT-1 for sharing, I've made up my mind to do the operation for my son after I read a book a out tongue tie. I do believe that there are some more emotional issue related with tongue tie. I obse ...

Wish everything goes smooth in the operation and your son has a early recovery.  Being a parent of a tongue-tie child, I definately understand how you and your son feel.

53#
發表於 11-4-28 16:18 |只看該作者
我都好明這種心情。

我有tongue-tie,是細個2yrs睇鐵打時,個醫師發現,他用剪刀剪,再塞棉花就醫好我了。仲不另收費 。但今時今日,我點放心比個仔咁!

我懷疑仔仔都有tongue-tie,book左Dr Yip,星期六睇啦。

希望大事化小啦!

54#
發表於 11-4-30 16:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 flowerw88 於 11-4-28 16:18 發表
我都好明這種心情。

我有tongue-tie,是細個2yrs睇鐵打時,個醫師發現,他用剪刀剪,再塞棉花就醫好我了。仲不另收費 。但今時今日,我點放心比個仔咁!

我懷疑仔仔都有tongue-tie,book左Dr Yip,星期六睇啦。

希望大事 ...

Good luck!!

55#
發表於 11-4-30 17:22 |只看該作者
很多謝lycheema 的文章分享和醫生的介紹,雖然是 08年的舊文,但今天幫了我仔仔!thx~

NT-1好多謝你的祝福!

Rubyhoward,我覺得Dr Yip信得過。因為他看完我仔仔後,話佢不嚴重,建議我地不做手術,3歲再睇,到時才決定。

Dr Yip以割包皮為比喻。每個男人都可以割,但唔割都得。

由於我有tongue tie,所以唔想擔心仔仔咁耐,堅持要做手術。最後,Dr Yip都幫我仔做,$3300。

手術過程和其他網友所話一樣。

56#
發表於 11-5-3 17:05 |只看該作者
May I also have the contact of Dr. Yip?
My son is almost 3 yrs old now and we found him to have toungue tie. We've consult few Drs,all said he's doesn't need surgery, just go to ST. But teacher also mention the problem to us, so I want to do a consult with Dr Yip again who support snip. Thanks in advance.

57#
發表於 11-5-16 12:34 |只看該作者
NT-1
Thanks for your advice. My son finally did the operation on 6th May. Now is 10 days after operation, but my son is not willing to 伸舌头,or touching the left or right end of lips...I found he is still using the old way to talk...he is now 2 years and 3 months, I try to teach him to do some tongue exercise, but he did not follow and just walk away...not sure whether the tongue still painful? How can I help my son, should I find some speech theraphy for him?
Thanks
Rubyhoward

58#
發表於 11-5-17 22:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 Rubyhoward 於 11-5-16 12:34 發表
NT-1
Thanks for your advice. My son finally did the operation on 6th May. Now is 10 days after operation, but my son is not willing to 伸舌头,or touching the left or right end of lips...I found he is s ...

Dear Rubyhoward,
Does  the operation involve the cutting and stitches under the tongue??  How is your son recovery progress??  Sometimes, recovery takes time with major incisions.  My daughter only had a simple incision under her tongue with the latest technology "water laser" which claims to produce the least trauma and pain to the patient but she still felt discomfort within several days after the surgery.  I suspect your son may need more time to heal.  In term of tongue movement, my daughter takes time to adjust.  In fact, my girl starts to know how to elevate the tip of her tongue to upper teeth 2 months after the surgery.  Your son is still very young and I would suggest you to give your son some rooms before you decide whether a speech therapist is   necessary.

59#
發表於 11-7-26 03:04 |只看該作者
Dr.Ip 有冇做water laser?
water laser是否唔痛?

60#
發表於 11-10-4 00:15 |只看該作者
呢個post 非常有用!讚!

請問s 音同埋z 音發得唔好,又係咩野問題呢?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題