用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 唔知點決定好,唔該大家幫幫手比d意見,係關於英國升學架~ ...
發新帖
查看: 2704|回覆: 19
go

唔知點決定好,唔該大家幫幫手比d意見,係關於英國升學架~ [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-8-4 20:30 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
之前我囡囡考左1間英國ge中學讀sixth form,
咁就話7c就可以收佢,
咁而家放左榜,
佢有23分,5b2c,
原校收返,係大埔band 1頭ge英中,
咁就好煩惱應唔應該去,
因為如果繼續讀佢就肯定要繼續補習,
會好辛苦,
但係又唔知去唔去外國讀好,,,
而家成績唔上唔落,唔知點算好...
如果係考7c,就會乜都唔理去讀,
但而家係中間位置,
唔知點好,,,
唔該大家比d意見我,
等我幫囡囡分析下。

[ 本文章最後由 cindy96 於 08-8-4 20:47 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-8-4 22:24 |只看該作者
this is typical hong kong nightmare studysydrome

what do you prefer and your daughter perference?

you are lucky as you still have an alternative to study aboard.  But england tution and living standard are sky high.

23 pts is considered to be very good.  don't be fooled by the newspaper that there are 15 10A student.  

try by yourself and you should find out how difficult to get 5B2C.

I prefer to study aboard.  more freedom and happy learning.

3#
發表於 08-8-5 12:33 |只看該作者
23分對我來說真係考得好好,但相來說,只係中上,你要考慮呀女的意願, 你的負擔能力,我始終覺得如果有機會一定比d年青人出外見識一下,以你囡囡的成績在英國讀 al, 佢一定會考得好好, 到時你可以考慮回港讀或在外國讀,香港考al,比考會考更令人有挫敗感。

4#
發表於 08-8-7 20:00 |只看該作者
原文章由 cindy96 於 08-8-4 20:30 發表
之前我囡囡考左1間英國ge中學讀sixth form,
咁就話7c就可以收佢,
咁而家放左榜,
佢有23分,5b2c,
原校收返,係大埔band 1頭ge英中,
咁就好煩惱應唔應該去,
因為如果繼續讀佢就肯定要繼續補習,
會好辛苦,
但係又唔知去 ...

我想當年無去英國讀書前係香港既成績都好好,但我都一心要出國,因我身邊好多朋友仔已出國,返黎同我講個邊讀書好開心!是真的,我去到個邊真係好開心,讀書無壓力,係開心既氣氛下學好重多野過係香港死讀死唸!
so i really suggest your daughter to go if you can afford!
成功的人放眼於機會,失敗的人放眼於障礙。 生命長短我無法控制,但內容就可以由我發揮!

5#
發表於 08-8-8 17:08 |只看該作者
如果經濟負擔得起, 我都建議係英國讀, 一定開心同輕鬆好多, 仲可以見多D世面, 了解下唔同地方的生活同文化, 又可以學好D英文!

6#
發表於 08-8-11 08:49 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 cindy96 的文章

Well, I think no matter what marks your daugther is getting.  You should send her abroad if only you can afford and with her consent.

Disregard whether she would later come back to work or not, most of the top job in HK requires candidate speaks fluent to native English level with international approach is already a precondition ie. XX Morgan etc.

I am planning to send my children aboard also and am in the process in collating relative info & start to persuade them with my research as children dont like changes though I will go with them.

I have attended a talk organized by British Council last Sat. which was good and they have another event on same this coming Sat & Sun so go & have a look with your daughter if you have time.  There will be a talk by someone from Oxford too.

Hope this info helps.

Good luck !

7#
發表於 08-8-11 09:08 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 cindy96 的文章

Dear parents,

I am planning to send my daughter (10) & son (15) to UK with alternative to Melbourne.

Appreciate if you can provide any good school that you have been studying before for reference.  My perference goes to Single Sex school only not Co-ed for my daughter for year 7 and my son Year 12 if possible or earlier (I hope it will have less trouble or if you can advise me otherwise....?)

I think I need to determine the network/location of school first then to think of whether to rent/buy a flat nearby or homestay ..... ( I hope the pound will keep dropping lar.... last Friday is 14.99 while it has been firm at 15.2 or 15.4 ...)

Thank you for any kind advise.

8#
發表於 08-8-11 21:34 |只看該作者
多謝晒大家ge意見,
其實舊年已經幫囡囡報左學校,
係北愛爾蘭個邊,女校黎架,
我諗如果學校覆左返黎比囡囡讀佢想讀ge科,
佢都應該會去架啦,,,
但上個禮拜放榜之後1直聯絡唔到學校,
因為放左假,
所以都要等agent幫我地聯絡到先知,..
再有咩消息再同你地分享下啦~

補充1句,
我地係報寄宿ge~

9#
發表於 08-8-11 21:38 |只看該作者
原文章由 Crystal_C 於 08-8-11 09:08 發表
Dear parents,

I am planning to send my daughter (10) & son (15) to UK with alternative to Melbourne.

Appreciate if you can provide any good school that you have been studying before for reference.   ...

其實我比較熟悉北愛爾蘭個邊ge學校,
因為本身已經有囝囝(升form 5),
同細女(升form2)係o個邊讀緊,
北愛個邊如果係寄宿的話就有1男校,1間女校,同2間男女校囉,
如果你想要d校名o個d可以pm我丫。

10#
發表於 08-8-12 23:37 |只看該作者
When i studied abroad, i knew many girls got pregnant and took abortion (of course their parents would never know).
With no family support and supervision, they will easily fall in love and have sex and got pregnant.
A relative of mine fell in love with a married man...  She ended up seeing psychiatrist for a prolonged period and of course could not finish her college.  Her parents spent hkd400,000 and in return ruined her daughter's life.  When she came back hk, her thigh and arms are full of long scars as she, like many hk teenagers, use cutter to deliberately scar her body.

Unless your girl really wants to go and she is really strong emotionally, i'd prefer have her stay in hk with moral support from the family.

There are many successful cases, but i myself would not send my girl overseas alone if she can secure a seat in a good hk school.

11#
發表於 08-8-12 23:46 |只看該作者
ha ha.  Also a funny thing of my hubby.  When he first studied in Aussie, he stayed with an unknown guy (not sure how he found this guy, maybe referred by the school).  
A few days after his arrival at this guy's home, he found out that he was gay (my hubby saw some III photos.)  He immediately informed his dad and his dad quickly went to take him to stay in a friend's home

12#
發表於 08-8-13 08:35 |只看該作者
I am sure family support is very important.  I studied aboard too and it is very individual thing to overcome the devil of freedom.  Especially those who was used to be under strict control both physical and mental student, they go even wild once they set free.

It just my 2 cents.

13#
發表於 08-8-13 10:31 |只看該作者
'Especially those who was used to be under strict control both physical and mental student, they go even wild once they set free.'

Agreed totally.  A friend of mine who never dated in HK was sent to study in the US in F.5.
She ended up taking abortion several times... the worst part was, she didn't even know who the 'dad' was as she had sex with 2 boyfriends

14#
發表於 08-8-22 15:53 |只看該作者
first of all, congratulations! 23 pt r so high!

based on my experience, I would rather study aboard. I went to UK at the age of 15 and I personally think that it was totally worth it.

Apart from learning English, I also learnt to be independent. This is the thing that I dun think i could hav learned from hk...

Hence, if you could afford, it would be a good opportunity for ur daughter to study aboard.

P.S. I hav already sent my elder son to study in UK.

Hope it's useful.

CariDee

[ 本帖最後由 caridee80 於 08-8-22 15:54 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 08-9-4 01:01 |只看該作者
囡囡已返校,但homesick,好掛住屋企同d中學好朋友,
我都好掛住佢呀

16#
發表於 08-9-8 12:27 |只看該作者
Time can cure.

17#
發表於 08-9-9 10:43 |只看該作者

有無人知回香港讀大學要點做

囡囡想回港讀大學,她是選修phy, chem, Further Maths and business studies.

希望大家給囡囡意見,謝謝.

18#
發表於 08-9-9 13:04 |只看該作者
其實你地之前有冇確定囡囡的意願呢? 如果只係父母的一廂情願就可能會有你囡囡的情況,不過既然選擇了便向前看吧, 你不要心軟還要多點鼓勵她。回港讀大學先要考取到好的公開試成績(AS & A2), 再經 non-jupas 申請, 大概由每年9月至12月, 但大學(港大,中大, 科大)一定係收表現出色的人, 故唔一定成功,如唔成功, 英國也有比香港好的大學。

19#
發表於 08-9-12 11:37 |只看該作者
多謝各位意見

20#
發表於 08-9-13 01:48 |只看該作者
如果你想回港升讀大學,你便需要於學生中七嗰年頭一學期報名,你可個別用非聯招生申請入讀心儀之大學及課程. 但由於近年較多學生申請有關商學系之課程,如你女兒希望入讀此等課程的話會相對較難.

如想入讀中大,港大或科大的話,其所取錄之學生更主要是A GRADE學生,故你女兒真的要比心機啊

‹ 上一主題|下一主題