搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Any information of Po Leung Kuk CKY ? URGENT
發新帖
查看: 2144|回覆: 10
go

Any information of Po Leung Kuk CKY ? URGENT

發表於 04-5-15 21:30 |顯示全部帖子

Any information of Po Leung Kuk CKY ? URGENT

My daughter want to change to CKY P.3 class, any information provided?

發表於 04-5-17 11:48 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Any information of Po Leung Kuk CKY ? URGENT

What do you want to know?

Please write down what information you want to be provided.
:mrgreen:

發表於 04-5-17 16:27 |顯示全部帖子

Hi!

I also want to know more. Is your children study in that school? How about the pupils (?naughty) / teachers (? good or not) in CKY? How many homeworks per day? Is your child happy study in CKY? etc......
Thank you!!!!!!!      
yinyin88 :-D

發表於 04-5-19 14:22 |顯示全部帖子

The daily homework load is light. Writing work is few.  I think they can well-recognise the words(both Chinese and English), but they may write words wrongly.

The English standard is much higher than other local school and students may require parents' assistance.  If parents's English are not good, it would be quite hard. Chinese standard is quite equal to other school, I think. Picture books are used instead of standard textbook, therefore the words might be quite difficult sometimes, but the pupils can learn them.

The school atmosphere is very good. Most of the teachers are patient and friendly.Children like the school life very much, might be due to the light workload and happy learning syllabus.  Classroom discipline may be not good enough in the views of some parents, Principal said in parents' night that she did not request students to attend the class, sitting firmly and just listent.

So parents should be open-minded. Anyway, it is a good school for the children for nowadays.

If those studying in other local Chinese school and wishes to transfer to this school, one needs to accustom the English lessons, as only Chinese and Moral Education subjects are taught in Cantonese, but all others are in English, including P.E., Maths and even art.    If the kid does not resist English, she/he should manage it shortly.

Hope the above solve your question.     :idea:

發表於 04-5-19 15:39 |顯示全部帖子

IH,  Where is the school and how much is the school fee?  Do u know the website?  thks.

發表於 04-5-19 17:35 |顯示全部帖子

It is closed  to Kam Shan Country Park of Tai Po Road, Shamshuipo.  爾登華庭下一個巴士站,即柏立基教育

發表於 04-5-19 21:30 |顯示全部帖子

Dear HI,

Thank you for your information.

yinyin     
yinyin88 :-D

發表於 04-5-21 10:50 |顯示全部帖子

IH,

請問今年是否轉直資?

發表於 04-5-21 14:11 |顯示全部帖子

It is a new private school, established in 2002. Now only 5 classes of P1, 4 of P2 and 2 of P3.  And it is the first private school of Po Leung Kuk. The secondary section is expected to start when the P3 students promote to Form 1.   

I also want to add that as the teaching method is new and emphasised on happy learning, some parents might think it is 'no way back'. If the students need to change to other local schools because of financial problem or the withdrawal views from parents for the new active mode(some may think the kids' academic performance not obviously good in short term, the students might need time to get use to the local school style, i.e. heavier homework load, frequent dictations, strict examination, no more freedom during lessons and so on. Those traditional schools also may not like to accept the students from this kind of NEW school.

So parents should think carefully first......     

發表於 04-5-21 18:23 |顯示全部帖子

"some parents might think it is 'no way back"
若要轉校,還可考慮形式相近的真道,優才,臻美,聽說港大同學會都是活動教學的.

發表於 04-5-22 11:53 |顯示全部帖子

Are the students of CKY really naughty or simply more active than those in the traditional schools?  How would you compare with those studying in the international schools?
By the way, some parents including me found that the administration of the school is not too good, especially during the interview last year.  Can any parents of CKY give some comment on the daily management or operation of the school?  Are the headmistress and teachers good or not? Thanks.