搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 YMCA's swimming class
發新帖
查看: 3973|回覆: 10
go

YMCA's swimming class [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-6-4 19:36 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Any one has joined the swimming class for 3-5 years old children at YMCA (TST)?
They charge $1030 for non-members.
Any comments?
   0    0    0    0
[url=http://[/url]

2#
發表於 08-7-3 00:22 |只看該作者
原文章由 euka 於 08-6-4 19:36 發表
Any one has joined the swimming class for 3-5 years old children at YMCA (TST)?
They charge $1030 for non-members.
Any comments?

The class size is about 8 children .
Assessment will be at the 8th or 9th lessons .
If the children fail, they need to repeat that level until they pass the assessment .
My daughter has joined that swimming class in last term .
Only 2 ( out of 8) children passed that level . If your child is afraid of water , I suggest you to try YMT YMCA swimming class 1st level or you can try private swimming coach .
However , TST YMCA swimming class has certificate if you pass the swimming class. Useful for primary school interview.

3#
發表於 08-7-14 15:48 |只看該作者
原文章由 yoyo-mother 於 08-7-3 00:22 發表

The class size is about 8 children .
Assessment will be at the 8th or 9th lessons .
If the children fail, they need to repeat that level until they pass the assessment .
My daughter has joined that  ...

hihi,

I find it so hard to enrol the swimming course in TST YMCA and they are always in weekdays.  Can you teach me some skills to get successful enrollment?  THANKS.

4#
發表於 08-7-18 10:45 |只看該作者
YMCA also has weekend courses.

Unless you are a member and currently enrolled on their swimming course, you will get priority over YMCA members (non existing swimmers) and non members during the aquatic re-enrolment period thus guaranteed a spot of your choice.

原文章由 trintrin 於 08-7-14 15:48 發表

hihi,

I find it so hard to enrol the swimming course in TST YMCA and they are always in weekdays.  Can you teach me some skills to get successful enrollment?  THANKS.

5#
發表於 08-7-19 18:43 |只看該作者
原文章由 mom2twins 於 08-7-18 10:45 發表

Unless you are a member and currently enrolled on their swimming course, you will get priority over YMCA members (non existing swimmers) and non members during the aqu ...

thanks. i just click to their web again, no weekend course... i ask the staff and they said usually only one lesson between two courses.. i mean for toddlers, so maybe your weekend courses are for children, not babies

6#
發表於 08-7-26 03:37 |只看該作者
原文章由 mom2twins 於 08-7-18 10:45 發表

Unless you are a member and currently enrolled on their swimming course, you will get priority over YMCA members (non existing swimmers) and non members during the aqu ...

Agree!! So we joined the members, such that we can choose the course first!!

For level 1 & 2, there are 4 & 5 children in a group respectively.  The tutors we met until now are quite nice!! My daughter love to join the course at there!!

7#
發表於 08-7-28 11:28 |只看該作者
but their membership is expensive, right??  how do you know there're new course coming??  do they have newsletter to inform you after you are a member??  i also missed the chance to apply

8#
發表於 08-7-28 14:37 |只看該作者
原文章由 trintrin 於 08-7-28 11:28 發表
but their membership is expensive, right??  how do you know there're new course coming??  do they have newsletter to inform you after you are a member??  i also missed the chance to apply

1st time, I am not a member, I found this course on the newsletter placed on the information counter (as my daughter was joining the gym course, so I need to know the time table of the next level), and then I joined the swimming course too.  After finished the 1st level of the swimming course, they issued the result slip and a notice, it is stated that if u are a member and is a old learner in this course, then u can apply for the new comming course in advance than the member who is not an old learner of this course.  As I am afraid that the course will be fulled after those members applied, so I joined the membership immediately.  The membership is very expensive, as she is smaller than 6, so we need to joined the family membership.  But I think if I will let her to learn continuously, then it is a must for us to join.

9#
發表於 08-8-4 19:49 |只看該作者
The TST YMCA has rich tradition on swimming program, they run the YMCA of the USA curriculum.

Both of my kids joined the program took the lessons when they were 4 years old.

My daughter is in Star Two while my son is in Level 5.

Their lessons only last 50 minutes each and each level last 10 lessons.

They are expensive, I am agreed but consider that they have quite clean changing rooms and friendly staff.

For Level 1 to Level 6 is 1 teacher to 6 students and any classes beyond is 1 to 10.  They hold assessment during the 8th lesson.  One more thing, their instructors are quite stable, some of them have been there over 10 years.

While YMT YMCA has terrible (wet floor and quite dirty) changing rooms, that is all I know.

Overall, I recommend YMCA at TST.

Join the family membership for around HK$1,200 annually but they give you back almost $300 food discount coupons.

10#
發表於 08-8-4 19:51 |只看該作者
More, the certificate (color) costs you HK$20 each.

11#
發表於 08-8-5 11:51 |只看該作者
Thanks for all your information.

let me try hard to squeeze in one of their class first.  Or if any parent knows when their next course for toddlers (my girl is only 1.5years old) starts to enrol, please kindly pm me!  MANY THANKS.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題