用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 如果你是最近移民到Sydney的,請進來分享經驗! ...
樓主: EliasDaddy
go

如果你是最近移民到Sydney的,請進來分享經驗! [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-7-24 10:27 |只看該作者
原文章由 EliasDaddy 於 08-7-24 08:45 發表
How can I convert my driving licence to Australia driving licence? I read from RTA's web-site that you can exempt from licence tests if you hold a licence from "recognised countries". I got a UK licen ...

Hi Eliasdaddy,

I believed u can convert your international licence to NSW license without going thru. the driving knowledge test or practical driving test. It is because UK is a country fall into as "recognised countries".

Pls. take a look http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/newtonsw/recognisedcountries.html

As for my husband, he was holding a HK driving licence and since it is not in the list so he had to go thru. both knowledge test and driving test.

22#
發表於 08-7-25 08:25 |只看該作者
Thanks to ngmammy! Do you know any good & reliable international mover?

原文章由 ngmammy 於 08-7-24 10:27 發表

Hi Eliasdaddy,

I believed u can convert your international licence to NSW license without going thru. the driving knowledge test or practical driving test. It is because UK is a country fall into a ...

23#
發表於 08-7-26 15:13 |只看該作者
原文章由 EliasDaddy 於 08-7-24 08:45 發表
How can I convert my driving licence to Australia driving licence? I read from RTA's web-site that you can exempt from licence tests if you hold a licence from "recognised countries". I got a UK licen ...

My partner is from UK, so hold a UK driver license.   He converted his license last October.  No test, just $.

24#
發表於 08-7-28 08:37 |只看該作者
Thanks Mrs. Kangaroo!

I am coming in Oct. Do you think I have to register my son with school now (via Internet)? Or can I wait until I arrive.
Note: I will stay with my sister-in-law in Kogarah.

原文章由 Mrs.Kangaroo 於 08-7-26 15:13 發表

My partner is from UK, so hold a UK driver license.   He converted his license last October.  No test, just $.

25#
發表於 08-7-28 19:12 |只看該作者
Sorry I don't know the school stuff.

原文章由 EliasDaddy 於 08-7-28 08:37 發表
Thanks Mrs. Kangaroo!

I am coming in Oct. Do you think I have to register my son with school now (via Internet)? Or can I wait until I arrive.

26#
發表於 08-7-29 09:03 |只看該作者
I think you would better to enrol the school for your son once you arrive au, just have an interview with the principal, fill in the form and you can start the school anytime you like.

原文章由 EliasDaddy 於 08-7-28 08:37 發表
Thanks Mrs. Kangaroo!

27#
發表於 08-7-30 09:06 |只看該作者
Thanks vanessamom!
I read that you just move over. So, which international mover do you use? Is it good & reliable? Pls. give me their contacts!

原文章由 vanessamom 於 08-7-29 09:03 發表
I think you would better to enrol the school for your son once you arrive au, just have an interview with the principal, fill in the form and you can start the school anytime you like.

28#
發表於 08-7-31 12:26 |只看該作者
hi, EliasDaddy

We have a quotation from two international mover but finally we gave up to use them.  We haven't move any furnitures from hk, we bought all the furnitures after we relocated back to au, although the furnitures here is quite expensive, we paid about HK$45,000 to buy all the new furnitures.  For the toys and books, I bought the "Multi Pack" boxes from the post office in hk, and packed all the toys and books in it, then sent by surface mail, it costs hk$375 and take about 1 month to deliver.  

When will you come to au?  How old is your son?  The weather is very cold in the morning and at night, may be I am still not get used to the cold weather, I have flu for twice after arrived here.

原文章由 EliasDaddy 於 08-7-30 09:06 發表
Thanks vanessamom!
I read that you just move over. So, which international mover do you use? Is it good & reliable? Pls. give me their contacts!

29#
發表於 08-8-1 08:51 |只看該作者
Thanks vanessamom!
I will come on 2 Oct 2008 and I will stay in my sister-in-law's place in Kogarah. My son just became 9 years old (July 08). He will attend the same public school of his cousine.
I am sorry to hear that you got a flu for twice. Take some Propolis, you can get it from any Chemist. (It is very cheap in OZ. We brought some from OZ last time, it cured my son's hay-fever. My son's Dr. gave up to use Western medicines and suggest my son to take Propolis. And it really work for him.) and do more exercise. If you do exercise everyday and it will help. I start to practice Tai Chi eight months ago, it really help me!

原文章由 vanessamom 於 08-7-31 12:26 發表
hi, EliasDaddy

We have a quotation from two international mover but finally we gave up to use them.  We haven't move any furnitures from hk, we bought all the furnitures after we relocated back to au ...

30#
發表於 08-8-1 10:16 |只看該作者
Thanks for your advice!

I had vomit and diarrhoea two days ago, the doctor said may be suffered by flu.  My daughter was absent for school for two days as no one took her to school (need 15 mins walk).  How far is the school from your home?  

Are you being living in England before?  I lived in England for nearly 3 years, near Birmingham.  

原文章由 EliasDaddy 於 08-8-1 08:51 發表
Thanks vanessamom!
I will come on 2 Oct 2008 and I will stay in my sister-in-law's place in Kogarah. My son just became 9 years old (July 08). He will attend the same public school of his cousine.
I  ...

31#
發表於 08-8-1 14:04 |只看該作者
7 years in UK! College in a small town called Kettering near Leicester, uni. in Newcastle upon Tyne. I have some friends studied in Birmingham Uni before.

Also, around 15 min, from my sis-in-law to school!

* Sydney is not that bad when compared to UK. the weather is much better and it is more lively!*

原文章由 vanessamom 於 08-8-1 10:16 發表
Thanks for your advice!

I had vomit and diarrhoea two days ago, the doctor said may be suffered by flu.  My daughter was absent for school for two days as no one took her to school (need 15 mins walk ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題