用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Australian International School
查看: 4699|回覆: 28
go

Australian International School

發表於 08-5-30 08:59 |顯示全部帖子
Anyone out here waiting for the result of AISHK for the Reception class of coming school year? (Jan 09)

發表於 08-5-30 09:03 |顯示全部帖子
hello, i plan to apply this school for my daughter for next year...what do you know about this school? is this a good school? as i can not get much comment about this school from the people around me, i would be happy if you can share why  you choose this school? many thanks..

發表於 08-5-30 10:31 |顯示全部帖子
hi myjasmine,

yes, you are correct. there aren't many discussion about this school in here.

the main reason for me to apply this school is we will go back to Aus in a few years time (plan for the moment), and so hopfully it would be easier for my son to adjust.

if you are also planning to apply the school for your child. please be aware that the school runs in NSW (Aus) curricumlum, they also allow year 11 and year 12 (if im not wrong) to apply for the IB exam.

btw, the school accepts application two years in advance. aussie and nz passport holders do have priority in the application.

may i ask what make you choose this school over others as well?
原文章由 myjasmine 於 08-5-30 09:03 發表
hello, i plan to apply this school for my daughter for next year...what do you know about this school? is this a good school? as i can not get much comment about this school from the people around me, ...

發表於 08-5-30 11:30 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Happymum,

We are waiting the result for our daughter for Reception Year starting in Jan 09. They said the result will be available before Mid June, feeling a bit nervous now.
Do you know if any interview is require and what class are you choosing for your child, am or pm? Thanks!

HoneyMum

發表於 08-5-30 11:37 |顯示全部帖子
happy_mum,

Thanks for your reply.  
The main reason is that we are aussie passport holders.  So it is most possible that we will send our daughter to Aust for study later (but should be at least some more years later).

My concern is the academic level and the moral conduct of the students.  It also seems that they will have Mandarin class, do you know anything about their chinese program?

發表於 08-5-30 20:18 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Honeymum,

As far as I understand that we will be informed either an offer of place or an interview is inquired by early to mid June. I think that's mean not everyone requires an interview.

We have requested am class. I know am class would be more competitive but I am not sure if I like the timing for the pm class. How about you?

Let's keep each other informed and hopfully our kids could be classmate in the coming school year!
原文章由 honeykong 於 08-5-30 11:30 發表
Hi Happymum,

We are waiting the result for our daughter for Reception Year starting in Jan 09. They said the result will be available before Mid June, feeling a bit nervous now.
Do you know if any i ...

發表於 08-5-30 20:32 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Myjasmine,

Hahaha, it seems like we have the same plan in the future.

As for the academic level. All I know is that their result for he last years have been above the general NSW year 12 standard. Not sure which states you are from but I guess we have no choice in that regards. It should not be a problem if you are planning to go back to Aus for uni.

I am aware that they do offer a Chinese program. But I do not have high hope over the standard of the Chinese program. Chinese subject is compulsary from year 1. Honestly speaking, that is a great improvement as for my time in Aus., I did not take the Chinese subject in school because I thought it was not fair to have my grade down-graded just because I am a Chinese race.

Well, I guess time and circumstances have changed.
原文章由 myjasmine 於 08-5-30 11:37 發表
happy_mum,

Thanks for your reply.  
The main reason is that we are aussie passport holders.  So it is most possible that we will send our daughter to Aust for study later (but should be at least som ...

發表於 08-5-31 02:43 |顯示全部帖子
We are from NSW, so i think the reason for us to choose Australian International School is more or less the same.  Anyway, i am still thinking about other options as i think Chinese is becoming more and more important nowadays and my first choice seems to be Singapore International School which is a bilingual international school.

發表於 08-5-31 14:00 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Happy Mum,

Yes, we heard that their AM class are more competitive than PM class. We have also requested AM class for our daughter as she used to wake up very early (6:30am). Also, it seems that she will missed out her lunch and nap if doing PM class.

How old is your child? My daughter is borned in Feb 05, maybe she will be the smallest in class. Hope they will become classmates in coming year.

Thank you for your sharing.

Honey mum

發表於 08-5-31 23:57 |顯示全部帖子
Dear ladies,

My baby born in 2007, could u able to tell me when I should apply for AIS? When do they usually accept the application? or I need to call and ask for interview instead?
Thanks

發表於 08-6-1 22:40 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Happy mum,

We have recevied the interview notification by email on Friday (29/5), how about you? Our daughter's interview time is 8:15am on 11 June.

Thanks!

HoneyMum

發表於 08-6-3 12:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hi honeykong,

I have not received any e-mail from the school yet. I have to check with my husband and see if he has received any too!

Thanks for letting me know.

發表於 08-6-3 14:24 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Honeykong,

Just curious if you hold Aussie or NZ citizenship?

Happy_mum
原文章由 honeykong 於 08-6-1 22:40 發表
Hi Happy mum,

We have recevied the interview notification by email on Friday (29/5), how about you? Our daughter's interview time is 8:15am on 11 June.

Thanks!

HoneyMum

發表於 08-6-3 22:03 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Happy_mum

Yes we are holding the Aust passport. May be we applied earlier, we sent the application to AISHK while we were still in Aust (Jan 07). Hope you will get the news soon.

Honeymum

發表於 08-6-3 23:26 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all Mums,

I've applied reception class of AISHK in 2010  for my daughter but I didn't specify am or pm class in the application form. So, do I need to contact the School if I prefer am classes? Thanks?

發表於 08-6-3 23:57 |顯示全部帖子
Hi VickyMum,

I have asked the admission office about class preference before but we are not allow to choose until the Enrolment Update form received April this yr (We are applying reception class in 2009). You can tick AM or PM in this form and send it back. ^_^

HoneyMum

發表於 08-6-4 09:42 |顯示全部帖子
hi honeykong,

just phoned the school and found out my son do not require an interview. but we won't know if the children would be accepted until they finalize the interview process.

原文章由 honeykong 於 08-6-3 22:03 發表
Hi Happy_mum

Yes we are holding the Aust passport. May be we applied earlier, we sent the application to AISHK while we were still in Aust (Jan 07). Hope you will get the news soon.

Honeymum

發表於 08-6-4 12:36 |顯示全部帖子
Hi HappyMum,

You are so lucky, hope the interview is not hard for my little girl.

Honeymum

發表於 08-6-5 00:16 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Honeykong,

Thanks for your information. It's very useful. In addition, I would like to ask one more question. Apart from choosing class preferences, can I update other information such as debenture preference?  Thanks for your help!

發表於 08-6-5 08:02 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Honeykong,

I am sure that your daughter will get through easily. Anyhow, it is just Reception Class.

Don't know why my son does not require an interview though,perhaps it is like you said a bit of luck. But we still have to wait for the final decision from the school. Let's keep our fingers cross.

原文章由 honeykong 於 08-6-4 12:36 發表
Hi HappyMum,

You are so lucky, hope the interview is not hard for my little girl.

Honeymum