搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CIS vs Yew Chung
樓主: foolish.mom
go

CIS vs Yew Chung [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 08-10-11 10:15 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Thanks, is very useful info. Is that secondary and primary in same location? They have the conference talk to introduce the school and I sign up to get more idea.. .But anyway, thanks for giving me some general idea.
So you and your kid is happy in CIS? Many After school activities? school swimming team exist in school or not? ( my one not exist)

22#
發表於 08-10-12 17:29 |只看該作者
Primary and secondary sections are both in the same campus.
My kid starts to adapt to the new school, and is quite happy with the new environment. For new comers of year 7, the more difficult part is to get into the social circles of the students (2/3 of the students come from CIS primary). I need to monitor closely in the 1st few months to make sure he meets new friends and is all right socially.
Yes, many after school acitivities, a lot of sport school teams. They have swimming team and compete in inter-school.

23#
發表於 08-10-22 11:24 |只看該作者
我call 咗佢哋office, 点知佢話吾係人人入form就可以孝, 要揀, ok啦, 点知佢話吾係跟school result, 係有sublings or 公司債券! Ok, 無計啦! 係吾係好full? 一班有几个小朋友, 一級有几班? 你滿吾滿意你小朋友既班主任, 一个星期点交功課, 日日做咗交 or 一次俾一星期既功課? 你覺得學習壓力大吾大過耀中?sorry , ask too much.....

24#
發表於 08-10-22 11:36 |只看該作者
2/3 of the students come from CIS primary>>>where is the another 1/3? Are they going to foreign countries already?

原帖由 foolish.mom 於 08-10-12 17:29 發表
Primary and secondary sections are both in the same campus.
My kid starts to adapt to the new school, and is quite happy with the new environment. For new comers of year 7, the more difficult part is  ...

25#
發表於 08-10-22 14:12 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

26#
發表於 08-10-23 17:11 |只看該作者
NLai,
Siblings and corporate debenture holders have priorities. It is also written on the web. Thus, seats are very limited and competitions are very strong.
In secondary, students are grouped into homeroom (like house). Homeroom teachers are similar to class teachers. 120 students in year 7 are grouped into 5 homerooms. But homeroom teachers may not teach their kids in any subject. They are only responsible for administration and pastoral care. Students are divided into 6 study groups, except Chinese and elective.
Secondary is very different from primary. They now have to study 9 subjects. On average, 3 subjects have homework in a day, and to be submitted in next lesson (maybe a few days later). Usually they can finish in an hour.
They have more tests and assessments. 3 math tests already. Chinese dictations every week. But still not much study pressure.

原帖由 NLai 於 08-10-22 11:24 發表
我call 咗佢哋office, 点知佢話吾係人人入form就可以孝, 要揀, ok啦, 点知佢話吾係跟school result, 係有sublings or 公司債券! Ok, 無計啦! 係吾係好full? 一班有几个小朋友, 一級有几班? 你滿吾滿意你小朋友既班主 ...

27#
發表於 08-10-23 17:14 |只看該作者
yyy,
There are 20 more seats in year 7. Together with the normal student turnover, 1/4 are new students (not 1/3 as I wrongly computed)

原帖由 yyyy 於 08-10-22 11:36 發表
2/3 of the students come from CIS primary>>>where is the another 1/3? Are they going to foreign countries already?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題