教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Pheonix
發新帖
查看: 2073|回覆: 9
go

Pheonix [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-4-21 13:12 |只看該作者

Pheonix

Do any one know or have kids studying in Phoenix Int's School? Is it a int'l school or local school.  Their Web site says they will move to Ma On Shan on 2006.  Is it right?

Please be kind to give some comments on this school.  Thanks.

2#
發表於 04-4-21 13:28 |只看該作者

Re: Pheonix

May husband and I have visited this school last year and don't have very good impression on it in terms of its environment and teachers.  We have talked to the principal and were advised that the new campus will be located at MOS in 2006 but it seems that they have many things still in consideration e.g. whether they will adopt the IB programme and the school fee etc. after relocation.  

3#
發表於 04-4-21 17:39 |只看該作者

Thanks MP.

I have no idea on this school. It interests me since I am living in Shatin.  

4#
發表於 04-4-21 22:10 |只看該作者

Hi SYMAMI3,

I would suggest you another two better choices:

Please click here for -----  International Christian School

Please click here for -----  Sha Tin Junior School
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/ccptsang/-IMG_0879A.jpg

5#
發表於 04-4-21 22:19 |只看該作者

Hi Pact04,

Thanks.

I am also considering ICS and SJS.  What are the consideration to choose between these two schools?  Do you have kid studying at any of one?

Thanks.

6#
發表於 04-4-23 10:59 |只看該作者

I also live at Shatin so I will choose either SJS and Phoenix.  I would not consider ICS because of my avoidance of religious belief.

If Chinese education is not my consideration, I will sure choose SJS for its longer history and better reputation.  However, as Phoenix will switch to IB programs after she moves to Ma On Shan, emphasizes more on Chinese (1 hour? Chinese class conducted in Mandarin each day – although not as good as the Chinese curriculum in Kingston and Yew Chung), and has smaller classes (max. 25 students Vs 34? in SJS), I cannot decide which one to go if they both offer my son a place.

Although many people keep saying SJS is good and Phoenix is not good, most of the comments are hearsay.  I would like to hear first hand information from the parents who have sent/ will send children to these two schools.  Moreover, I would like to know how you help your children with their Chinese learning.

Many Thanks.

7#
發表於 04-4-23 13:18 |只看該作者

Dear Brent,

1. Are you sure Phoenix will move to Ma On Shan on 2006?  Location is one of the critical consideration for me.
2. My colleagues' son is studying at one of the ESF school and he says his son's Mandarine is very native.  My requirement for my daughter is to be able to speak fluent Mandarine and Cantone. To be able to write simple Chinese. That is all.
3. I will still perfect SJS though I also agree that every school has its good point. It is just a matter of confidence level.

8#
發表於 04-4-23 13:54 |只看該作者

Dear All,

The main differents of real ESF schools and Pheonix Int'l are :-

1.     The real ESF school is run by ESF under the Hong Kong Ordinance and subsidized by Hong Kong Government.

2.    Phoenix and all ESF kindergardens are run by ESF Educational Services Ltd which is a private organization. This may be the reason why their tution fee is higher.

bbtung

9#
發表於 04-4-23 14:36 |只看該作者

Hi SYMAMI3,
1: Yes.  You may visit its website www.phoenix.edu.hk

10#
發表於 04-4-23 16:05 |只看該作者

Bernt,

Thanks. I had visited the site before. It does mention 2006. But I always think that unless I see the consturction work starts, the date can still be delayed.  

For sure if they move on schedule, I will at least pay a visit to it.  Thanks.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題