教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Making a book(P1 project)
發新帖
查看: 2264|回覆: 9
go

Making a book(P1 project)

發表於 04-3-29 16:26 |顯示全部帖子

Making a book(P1 project)

Hi,
My child have a project about making a book.
1.no matter Chinese or English.
2.parent can help(P1-P3).
3.Can be any format.
Anyone can have a good idea or website to suggest.
I really have no idea about how to make it.
Help.......
bluesky

發表於 04-3-29 23:19 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Making a book(P1 project)

You can steal some ideas from this Project Materials of Book Making Website : CLICK HERE

發表於 04-3-31 14:43 |顯示全部帖子

Thank you for your suggestion
If anyone have other good idea, please provide.....

發表於 04-3-31 16:35 |顯示全部帖子

Do you mean you want to write a book or to make a book.  How about the content?  If you want to make a book, you can go to library to borrow some books regarding the material to make a book.  I saw many books before in Causeway Bay Library.

發表於 04-4-1 00:21 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Littlekay,
We have to write and make a book....that's the problem...
For example the content?story book or other....still no idea.
Maybe just simply ask my child to think a story and draw some pictures about the story.
Last week, I tried to find some details in public library but still no idea how to start to make such project.

bluesky

發表於 04-4-1 00:34 |顯示全部帖子

bluesky02 寫道:

Maybe just simply ask my child to think a story and draw some pictures about the story.
bluesky

You got it already!  This is what the teacher wants you to do.  Don't prepare to do for him/her in the first instance.    Please believe your kid who will give you suprise when you ask him any idea.  kids are always creative

發表於 04-4-1 10:06 |顯示全部帖子

Dear bluesky,

It's a good and creative project for P.1.  You can borrow an adventure book / cartoon for your child and ask him to read it.  I suggest  "達達和貝貝" for the Chinese cartoon version.  There are many stock in any public library.  You can let him to read this first if you want to write the Chinese version or Oxford Reading Tree's adventure book for English version.  After reading, you have to guide him to creat his own adventure book.  You can advise him to format as cartoon style because it's more easier to a P.1 child.  I suggest you to make a thick book by some 發泡膠 and use the 水筆to draw on the 發泡膠 and drill a hole on each 發泡膠 and stick it together.

Anyway, for a P.1 child, I still insist you have to guide him and assist him in order to arouse his interest on next project.

發表於 04-4-1 22:30 |顯示全部帖子

Littlekay and Eva,
Thank you for you two's advise, I totally agree with that
LittleKay 寫道:
Anyway, for a P.1 child, I still insist you have to guide him and assist him in order to arouse his interest on next project.

Actually I can make a very good project by MYSELF, but it's my project not my child's P.1's project. So let's say it clear, I just worried about how to guide him to do such project from the very beginning.
How to let him to make his own story or get some interesting topics to do(don't forget he's only 6).
That's why right after a couple weeks, I still have no idea about how to start.
Anyway, thanks again for you all here, I'll try my best to "GUIDE"   him do the project by himself.    :idea:
bluesky

發表於 04-4-2 09:27 |顯示全部帖子

Dear bluesky,

My son started making books when he was 4, just for fun.

The first book he made was about dinosaurs. He had read books about dinosaurs and was very interested.

I help him with most of the craft work because he was too small and left him with all the drawing, painting and pasting work. We started with the contents page. Actually it served as an outline of the book. He put numbers on the contents page and assigned different content to each page. He thought of the contents and I helped him spell out the words (of course, he was the one to write them out).

Then, according to the contents page, we created the remaining pages. I asked him what he would like to inculde on each page and how he would like to present it. Sometimes, he ideas were unrealistic, e.g. he might want to draw all the dinosaurs on one page! I tried to guide him think of easier ways to achieve the same objectives so that he would not lose interest because of difficulties encountered.

The book was not a very beautiful one and he needed my help to spell out most of the words but he was very proud of it. He even took it back to school to show and tell.

By the way, if your son is already 6, you may teach him mind-mapping. This is a very useful method of organising ideas. Using the questions words (i.e. who, when, where, what, why, how) is also a very good start. Answers to these words provide all of the important elements in a story.

Hope these suggestions help!
:lol: Annie :lol:

發表於 04-4-2 09:45 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Bluesky,

This Monday, my daughter simulated her teacher to make her own book.  Here are what she did :

- ask me to get 2 pieces of paper.
- fixed them together with adhensive tape by herself.
- wrote some numbers, english letter, word and some chinese characters.
- Whenever she forgot some word but wanted to write in on her own book, she asked for my help.  I wrote it on a write board slowly.  At the same time, I explained the word structure in a way she understood and induce her Word-Structure Association (part of the letter she learnt in Kindergarten) and felt interesting.
- Finally, she wrote her name and FINISHED!