用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 女小拔 / Maryknoll / 協恩 / St. Paul 的教學模式? ...
查看: 11006|回覆: 31
go

女小拔 / Maryknoll / 協恩 / St. Paul 的教學模式? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-3-24 16:23 |只看該作者

女小拔 / Maryknoll / 協恩 / St. Paul 的教學模式?

我有個舊同學在 St. Paul 教書, 我問過他關於 St. Paul 的教學模式問題, 他告訴我是活動教學, 但如果學校收, 他仍不會讓自己的女兒讀, 原因是--- 1)離校太遠, 每天通車的時間他認為可做很多事, 搬到學校附近則能力不允許 2)雖說是活動教學, 但讀 St. Paul 的家長無不在課後安排一堆 "興趣班" 給子女, 同學間有很大的競爭壓力, 他覺得快樂童年較重要
女拔則是我一同事的女兒讀過, 她女兒還是會考狀元之一, 問過她女拔是否功課多、壓力大, 她的回答是 "很少見她讀書和做功課", 而我同事的教育程度不高, 基於經濟理由, "課後活動" 也只有鋼琴一項
其實以上4間學校都是我心目中的 Dream School, 但我不欣賞 "填鴨" 及一大堆抄抄寫寫的教學模式, 我一直覺得真正的好學校是藉著好的教學法去啟發學生, 令學生能舉一反三, 自己去思考並喜愛讀書的, 是否有家長知道以上學校的教學模式呢?

2#
發表於 04-3-24 16:41 |只看該作者

Re: 女小拔 / Maryknoll / 協恩 / St. Paul 的教學模式?

Please clarify if St. Paul = St Paul's Convent? St Paul's Primary? or St Paul's Co-ed?

Thank you.

3#
發表於 04-3-24 16:46 |只看該作者

I also want to know more about Maryknoll.
:idea:

4#
發表於 04-3-24 16:51 |只看該作者

ClaudeeMa:
St. Paul = St. Paul's Co-ed

5#
發表於 04-3-25 15:45 |只看該作者

我也想知道

6#
發表於 04-3-26 20:47 |只看該作者

I want to know, too!

7#
發表於 04-3-28 01:36 |只看該作者

Maryknoll Convent School in Waterloo Rd is a traditional school. They have not too much homework and the English standard of the students are above average.  

What else you want to know? You can PM me.

janettemama
janettemama

8#
發表於 04-3-30 14:56 |只看該作者

請問如果我想個女第時讀女小拔 / Maryknoll, 幼稚園時應報那一間會機會大

9#
發表於 04-3-31 09:31 |只看該作者

MayAh,

You can choose St. Catherine, Keen Mind, 根德, Christ Church.

10#
發表於 04-3-31 13:39 |只看該作者

shmchan

可否告知點解呢幾間幼稚園入讀DGS / Maryknoll既成數會高o的?

11#
發表於 04-3-31 20:51 |只看該作者

Hi Symchan

Can you tell me why they like the kids from Keenmind?  Is it because of the background?  You know friends from KM can get a seat in Maryknoll?

Thanks.   

12#
發表於 04-3-31 23:41 |只看該作者

Yes, I knew some parents in KM and their girls got seats from Maryknoll at the 3rd round.  
For the reasons, I think most of the KM parents knew too. ---Good connection---

13#
發表於 04-4-1 19:35 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 04-4-1 23:34 |只看該作者

AnLi

老公既姪女讀女小拔,好多功課,時時默書,轉過頭又測驗,佢問邊個發明考試就KILL左佢,可想而知.....

15#
發表於 04-4-2 11:28 |只看該作者

Ronald媽媽:
Thanks for your information.
同我之前o既印象唔同添  

16#
發表於 04-4-3 11:40 |只看該作者

My daughter is now studying P5 at Maryknoll. The school is traditional and the teachers as well. English is definitely their strength as they focus a lot on reading/readers and vocabulary building. For other subjects, normal standard i think. As for homework, my daughter is able to finish them all in around 1.5 hours, sometimes less. You can say that the disadvantage of this school is like other conventional schools, they don't encourage much the students to try new things or think creatively. But the advantages of it are good academic standards, around 75 to 80% admission to its secondary school and  students are well-behaved. Hope it helps BK parents in need to learn more about Maryknoll.

17#
發表於 04-4-4 22:40 |只看該作者

anybody know 協恩的教學模式? thx

18#
發表於 04-4-8 16:24 |只看該作者

shmchan

3rd round 係唔係指攪珠後Maryknoll confirm o左有位, 咁就可以walk in interview? 係唔係一定要住41區先可以考?

19#
發表於 04-4-8 16:27 |只看該作者

Longmum

請問你既囡囡係讀邊間幼稚園?

20#
發表於 04-4-19 00:52 |只看該作者

I personally know graduates of all 4 of the above schools. I am not sure if the style of teaching has changed much over the years but from what I learnt from them, all 4 of the teaching style are quite traditional.

DGJuniorSchool- yes it's one of the best girls' primary school in HK, but you have to understand that being a 'private' school the girls are mostly of a rich background and some are quite snobbish. DGJS pays more attention of choosing the smarter and skillful atheletes/musician etc, background of parents are also quite important. I am not sure if they get lots of homework/tests/exam. Their english standard is expected to be high. Girls are smart but snobbish. Academically strong but some girls are too snobbish that it's an disadvantage when communicating with outsiders after they grown up and enter society.

Maryknoll Primary-- also one of the best girls' school in HK, but it keeps its status of being 'government aided' and not turning 'private'. So girls entered are from a more variety of background (not necessarily rich) and they are less snobbish than above.  But still, some popular kindergarten graduates seems to have advantage. English standard is high also. They don't have too many homework and shouldn't have too much pressure. Girls are smart and friendly but of course there are a few snobs around as well but generally speaking, less snobbish. Academically strong.

Heepyan-- girls are friendly and down-to-earth. Academically weakest among these 4. But of course it's well above average compare to HK standard.

St pauls co-ed- one of the best schools. Academically strong. Maybe the most traditional among the 4. Students maybe the most low profile among the 4 but possess strong thinking and relate stronger than above 4 regarding HK matters.

Most important is to find a school most suitable for your girl, and not just go for the top1, top2. I think DGJS is more suitable for the smarter ones with a skill like sport or music (easier to enter).Maryknoll is more suitable if your girl is smart in general and you want your girl to be happy. HY if you want your girl to be less pressurised and happy. St paul co-ed if you want your girl to pay more attention in not just academic but also outside matter.
But we must admit that having a chance to enter any of the above school is a credit.
Choose a school of which distance to your home is not too far away. You can also consider 'st mary', good hope, sacred heart.
god bless.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題