發新帖
查看: 4616|回覆: 6
go

有無蔡繼有的父母呀? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-3-22 18:11 |只看該作者

有無蔡繼有的父母呀?

有無蔡繼有的父母呀?我好想知道以下問題:
1.是否真的做到全英語教學,學生之間是否用英語交談呢?家人不是用英語,小朋友會否追不上呢 ?如果追不上學校有沒有方法補救呢?
2.Interview時看到學校的設備還未完善例如 library 只得幾本stroybook.
3.聽聞上課時無紀律,是否真的?
4.時常聽人說是白老鼠,有沒家長可平反呢 ?

2#
發表於 04-3-25 17:28 |只看該作者

Re: 有無蔡繼有的父母呀?

I am a P2 parent. I hope I can say something from my heart, but it may not reflect other parents' view.

First of all, most of the kids in this school are Chinese and their mother tongue are Cantonese. One cannot expect they will communicate in English. But it is true that the number of lessons teach in English is much more than the one teach in Cantonese. Most of the times, students have to listen and talk to teachers in English, I can say their listening English would be in higher standard than those in local school.  My family members also speak Cantonese.  The expatriate class master keeps asking me to talk to my kid at home in English. But he knows I speak Cantonese, even I ask him in English, he will talk me back in Cantonese. But at least, he understands my English questions in even complicated sentence. I think it is due to  the school's training.

The school also encourages kids to write weekly diary, whatever wrong grammar or spelling. Firstly, I could not bear with those wrong English, but I see my kid is willing to write, more he writes and more explored is his thinking.

Therefore, I think a CKY parent should have an opened-mind and patient...to accept something new and prepare to support the kids. Their homeworks are light in volume but very intersting. I like most of the homework answers  are open-ended. As long as the kid can write something sensible, there would be an encouraging remarks, but not only standard and restricted answers are accepted.   

I think it is quite unavoidable that many kids here are active and quite naughty. Most parents sen the kids into this school may think their active kids do not suitable to study in traditional school. But I heard most of naughty kids had been much better because they enjoyed the school life here, and the teachers did not keep punishing them but rewarding them with praise or little candy whenever they had improved or behaved themselve a bit.

I saw there was a comment that there was a situation that either  no homework or very demanding homework required the support of parents, so the child was transferred this term.  In case there is no homework from school, I will give some books for my kid to read or enjoy the family time. When there is homework required parent's assistance, it is time to let the parents know what the kids have learnt that day.. like science worksheet, it required parents to do the experiment. In fact, I quite enjoyed to do it with my kid.  In normal HK parents' view, it may be the school's job to teach the student and there should be a lot of academically daily homework, but it is not the case for CKY students who learn step by step but enjoyable with parents and teachers.  
:mrgreen:

3#
發表於 04-3-26 12:08 |只看該作者

Hi!  I have waited for a long long time.Thank you for your response.

I think their english standard is hige in no doubt ,But how about the chiinese, maths,etc... Is it alos more higher standard than the other local school? One more important is the school will be re-builded at 2006-07.Is it negligence for the kids? The kids will not be retarded???

4#
發表於 04-3-31 15:27 |只看該作者

等咗好久都無蔡繼有的家長回應(只得IH一個),有無朋友係家長,可以知多D呢?   

5#
發表於 04-4-1 13:32 |只看該作者

I know a parent whose daughter is studing in CKY. They told me English teaching and standard is good, however, many often the teacher is very difficult to control the students inside the classroom, you know what I mean? In general, their feedback is '中規中舉', but it's true when I talk to their daughter, I found her English has improved a lot. Hope the above info. can help.

6#
發表於 04-4-2 21:43 |只看該作者

The quality of parents is an important attribute for the success of a school. You can visit the parent's forum at CKY's WEB site and read their messages. I have the impression that most of the parents in CKY are well educated.

7#
發表於 04-4-3 17:50 |只看該作者

Dear Bristol,
Can you tell us where is the parent's forum?  Are you talking about the one at cky.eduhk.net?  If that is the one, I can only get very limited information about the school.  There are only 48 members talking about 18 topics.  Most of the topics are initiated by the same parent and most of them have no follow-up reply.  The last reply was dated 2003!How do I know most of the parents are well educated?  On the other hand, there is too little information on the officail web page of the school.  Are there any other CKY parents who can comment on the school, say about the administration, teaching method, student behaviour or school re-development, etc.?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題