搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 香港父母必看----海歸派佔盡優勢
查看: 6121|回覆: 22
go

香港父母必看----海歸派佔盡優勢 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-12-24 13:08 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
大家好;

請看以下這新聞, 他們都是從中國去美國念大學, 您看他們在中國是上英文小學/中學或中文小學/中學, 本人太太也在投資銀行, 見到很多這些人,我們要為我們小孩計劃一下.

增值人生——海歸派佔盡優勢

中國擁有外匯儲備一萬四千三百餘億美元,中國專家又說中國財政預算其實年年有盈餘,公開的赤字數目只是浮數。換言之,中國政府財源滾滾,急於找方法「排洪」,其中一個方式便是成立「中國投資有限公司」(簡稱中投),注資二千億美元,若令國投以新加坡「淡馬錫」或GIL的方式,在海外找尋大型投資機會。

中國的大手投資,已有數起。最近的一家便是以五十億美元買入摩根士丹利的可換股債券,年息九厘,如全部換股的話,佔大摩的股權9.9%,成為最大的單一股東,此單大交易由中投的董事長樓繼偉及副董事長兼行政總裁高西慶負責,穿針引線的中間人是大摩的中國部總裁Wei Sun Christianson女士(跟丈夫姓)。這位女士與高西慶於上世紀八十年代同在紐約求學和工作,是多年朋友,而且同是律師。Wei Sun畢業於哥倫比亞大學法學院,高西慶畢業於杜克大學法學院。當年中國開放不久,出外留學的學生大都攻讀理工科,他們兩位卻選擇了法律。現在證明眼光準確,同時成為中美財金界的重要人物。

中環街頭,國金二期商場內,說普通話和帶美國口音的年輕人愈來愈多,相信他(她)們大多在美國投資銀行工作,憑藉優越的學歷,如Wei Sun女士一樣——北京外語學院、美國Amherst College、哥倫比亞大學法學院——流利的美式英語,加上一手好中文與內地關係,遠遠地把香港本地生比下去,爭取了高薪的投資銀行職位。喬菁華不禁擔心,香港人如何與她和他們競爭呢?香港在可見的將來,正是中國的紐約,但置身於金融中心高層的,會是中國的海歸派,不是香港人。教育下一代,香港家長們如何早部署?

喬菁華
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-12-24 14:03 |只看該作者
Winning formula for future leader:

1. Study in top primary school in HK
2. Study in top secondary school in UK
3. Undergraduate in top U in China
4. MBA/PhD in top U in the US

Can you do that? It's a matter of multiple Qs'. IQ and EQ of the child. MQ for his/her parents. What is MQ? It's Money Quotient which measures how rich the parents are.

原文章由 iberia 於 07-12-24 13:08 發表
大家好;

請看以下這新聞, 他們都是從中國去美國念大學, 您看他們在中國是上英文小學/中學或中文小學/中學, 本人太太也在投資銀行, 見到很多這些人,我們要為我們小孩計劃一下.

增值人生——海歸派佔盡優勢
2007年12 ...

3#
發表於 07-12-24 15:14 |只看該作者
原文章由 papadad 於 07-12-24 14:03 發表

Can you do that? It's  ...

to get a seat in such a tip-top position, the most important thing is family background. Even though one has passed through 1-4 steps mentioned above, without relationship, at most you can just only be able to act as a labor worker in a famus large coporation.

4#
發表於 07-12-24 17:47 |只看該作者

Hi Papadad;

I am not sure you have been in USA study or not. Your formula is not quite true. Most of the A Class student from China has no money at all. But they work hard in University, but their EQ is not that good.

My intention is English is not the first priority while chosing Primary School. Also our HK student is less competitive right now. We have to be more competitve I/O just focus on English.

5#
發表於 07-12-24 19:07 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 papadad 的文章

Can I say I don't agree with you?
Is it necessary to have these four 'tops' in order to become the so-called future leaders? Or, having graduated from your listed schools means you will obviously succeed?
IQ, EQ, MQ.... Have you ever heard of SQ -- Social Quality?
Local youngsters are always lacking in this Q, according to what I observe. They just don't know how to communicate or co-operate with people around. Losing temper so easily, not being patient enough, taking for granted that the entire world will give way because of a slight problem.... Just like an absoslute emperor.
Apart from the lack of SQ, there are still a lot of criteria or elements that one has to fulfil before we can call them successful persoms.

Piles of graduation certificates of elite institutions on your hands equal success?

Sorry that I do not believe there is such a formula on earth.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

6#
發表於 07-12-24 19:24 |只看該作者
呢個係最basic既formula, 90%都work既! 不過總有例外
我有朋友, 讀既係唔錯既中學, 不過成績平平, 剛夠入u果種, 佢屋企亦唔有錢, 什至可以話係問題家庭.......結果佢大學時努力, first hon畢業, 入dean's list, department主動提出寫信推荐佢入美國名牌大學讀master
因為家庭負擔問題, 我朋友decline左, 之後順利入左big 4, 好快考晒cpa, 然後半工讀讀完個llb, 又終於儲到錢quit左份工fulltime讀埋個PC, 而家已經係某大投資銀行既legal counsel
我真係覺得佢好叻呢!
聽聞investment bank, private bank, 什至大律師樓請新人, 往往會考慮家庭背景, 因為人脈對"客路"亦有影響, 我知好多所謂名人後代, 讀過下書, 就去做呢d搵客既工作, 靠屋企關係secure住一班客, 個個月跑到數, 咁就胡混落去lu
原文章由 papadad 於 07-12-24 02:03 PM 發表

7#
發表於 07-12-24 22:25 |只看該作者
for 海歸派 working in hong kong, what sort of primary school would they choose for their children?

原文章由 Charlotte_mom 於 07-12-24 19:24 發表
呢個係最basic既formula, 90%都work既! 不過總有例外
我有朋友, 讀既係唔錯既中學, 不過成績平平, 剛夠入u果種, 佢屋企亦唔有錢, 什至可以話係問題家庭.......結果佢大學時努力, first hon畢業, 入dean's list, depa ...

8#
發表於 07-12-24 23:09 |只看該作者
在國內, 海歸派佔盡優勢是理所當然的事.  國內經濟發展迅速, 但礙於法律和市場機制落後, 英語人才不足, 海歸派學到西方語文, 制度和市場知識, 加上熟知國內國情民意, 當然在國內為中外資爭取對象.

反觀香港, 本地薑一樣可在本地經濟領域發揚光大, 佔到優勢.  因香港在語文法制, 經濟, 市場知識, 制度, 規模運作方面,  一樣可訓練出優秀人才, 也能熟知港情, 比外人更能掌握市場趨勢脈搏.

香港是較能學好知識和二文三語的地方, 當然難度不少, 也受到語言學習制肘打壓, 但如學有所成, 內外機遇處處.

9#
發表於 07-12-30 22:08 |只看該作者
I have a different view of the definition of "winners".

Real winners should be:
- having a good sence of responsibility
- having persistence on solving problems and would never give up if they come across difficulties
- always positive and could deal with pressure with "pleasure"
- able to respect and appreciate others
- humble and be able to understand that every one has his/her strength and shortcomings

That's the characteristics that I find on most successful people, be that political leaders or business tycoons.

The following would help people get a nice job in big companies, but might not necessarily ensure one could suceed in his/her career.

this is just my personal view.

10#
發表於 07-12-31 00:04 |只看該作者
我就覺得高處不勝寒,盡力培育孩子成為一個有責任感、有正面思想既人已足夠。成功與否,就要睇小孩子本身既造化,而且高處未算高,天外有天,人外有人,「成功」二字可圈可點,每人睇法唔同。而且世界不斷變化,污染既破壞力量又咁大,到得幾時都未知,把握當下就算囉,人算不如天算呀!

11#
發表於 07-12-31 10:59 |只看該作者
嘩,嚟個POST啲留言,個個都好有深度。

12#
發表於 07-12-31 11:17 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 07-12-31 11:40 |只看該作者
原文章由 awah112 於 07-12-31 11:17 發表

越講越遠...

不過我會咁計劃...

2. Study in top secondary school in HK
3. Undergraduate in top U in US/CANADA
4. MBA in top U in the CHINA

我已經盡我能 ...

計劃得嚟都差唔多la......
不過我唔想佢從商,我覺得從商做人會唔開心。
我想佢做專業人事如:醫生、律師、司機(渣飛機)等...
Im dreaming

已經盡我能力比最多機會阿仔,成唔成功就睇返佢自己。

[ 本文章最後由 見習爸爸 於 08-1-1 17:23 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 07-12-31 13:27 |只看該作者
我都喜歡亞仔做專業人士,雖然唔會大富大貴,但我估一門專業應該可以為生活及生命質素提供良好的基礎。

但講真,在全球一體化下,將來搵食只會越來越艱難,唔好講要點點點,就算只係維持返我地現水平的生活質素都唔容易。

其實我都唔知應該咩方向去教導亞仔?
應該要佢謙和有禮?定係勇於突出自己表現?
又,將來的世代成功人士應該擁有咩特質?

如果各位爸媽有咩見解,請提出來討論!

原文章由 見習爸爸 於 07-12-31 11:40 發表

計劃得嚟都差唔多la......
不過我唔想佢從商,我覺得從商做人會唔開心。
我想佢做專業人事如:醫生、律師、司機(擦飛機)等...
Im dreaming

已經盡我能力比最多機會阿仔,成唔成功就睇返佢自己。 ...

15#
發表於 07-12-31 17:19 |只看該作者
I think being 謙和有禮 is the most important.  I think it might be too earlier for me to think and plan what I want my sons to be in future.  We should rather leave them to explore and decide.  I don't want to control my sons' futures.  What I could do is just to try my very best to establish a good role model for my kids, being humble and learn to appreciate others.  You could learn a lot from others.  If they know how to respect and appreciate others, they would be able to work well with others.  This world is a world of human beings.  Even leaders need help from his/her people.  Nobody could accomplish a big tasks without other people's help.

原文章由 redhot 於 07-12-31 13:27 發表
我都喜歡亞仔做專業人士,雖然唔會大富大貴,但我估一門專業應該可以為生活及生命質素提供良好的基礎。

但講真,在全球一體化下,將來搵食只會越來越艱難,唔好講要點點點,就算只係維持返我地現水平的生活質素都唔容易。

其實 ...

16#
發表於 07-12-31 18:09 |只看該作者

回覆 #10 SandyKL 的文章

agree agree

17#
發表於 08-1-1 01:11 |只看該作者

回覆 #16 ernestchow 的文章

18#
發表於 08-1-1 08:26 |只看該作者
原文章由 heichunmum 於 08-1-1 01:11 發表
在我的看來,當然培育孩子優秀的品等是很重要,當然不一定說要在一些投資銀行或金融界才叫有前途,但有時太放任孩子去自己選擇我感覺是不行的,我的工作上就接觸很多如你們所說的海歸派人士,她/他們都是在外地深造回來,他們的父 ...

Happy New Year!!!

My Bog's intention is those people were not in English Primary School in mainland China. But they can find a good job as long as you are try your best and work hard.

Hong Kong parents should think about the learning habit and behaviour are more important than English language. This is my intention.

There are many kind of people to make up this world. It is hard to judge other people. But we can not spoil our kids and do not let them growth up inside a green house.

Thanks for understanding in advance.

19#
發表於 08-1-1 13:56 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 08-1-1 15:37 |只看該作者
原文章由 awah112 於 08-1-1 13:56 發表
iberia

請問你小朋友讀邊間小學?thx~~~
我阿仔讀幼稚園,考慮緊讀邊間小學。

He is studying in Pui Ching P3. I will send him back to North Carolina on F4.

I wish you can find a good Primary school for your kid.

Happy New Year.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題