用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 到底幾多歲俾小朋友出國留學先適合?
樓主: carriechan
go

到底幾多歲俾小朋友出國留學先適合?

發表於 08-1-29 20:28 |顯示全部帖子
I agree with the advise for sending the child after he/she finishes high school. I truly believes that nothing compares to being with Mum & dad during the formative years.

Ability to learn and speak English should not be the deciding factor here. You can do that in Hong Kong just as well.

I have observed on trains and buses in Sydney that school age kids tend to group together, so there is no point to send a child overseas if their new friends at the new school are mainly Chinese, speaking Chinese most of the time. If you want to avoid this problem by sending your child to country areas where the Chinese / Asian population are smaller or nil, then you may have to worry about bullying and racism.

發表於 08-1-29 20:30 |顯示全部帖子
Plus you should worry that they may be like me - can read but can't type in Chinese (only finished yr 4 in HK).

發表於 08-3-28 01:41 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 questioning 於 07-12-8 17:29 發表
我曾經同學校既先生傾過, 佢提議我越遲越好, 因為小朋友係父母身邊成長係最好既....

同意,所以我同埋阿仔過黎...^^
我幾時可以返香港住呀~~

發表於 08-4-6 15:17 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 08-4-7 04:23 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 08-4-8 17:17 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #1 awah112 的文章

Agree also.....either very early (before P3) or very late (after finish high school).

No matter what the best is parents can be with them.

發表於 08-4-8 18:43 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 awah112 於 08-4-7 04:23 發表

同意。

Hi Awah112;

How are you recently.

Hi parents;

Pls note as per my experience, the best time is after F5. Pls note today North America or Europe is not simple at all. Drugs / Sex / Fighting is the major issue. Pls do not think everything ideally. Pls also consider how they can handle the above 3 major issues.

We will send our kids back to states after F4 to F5. Kid can adopt English speaking fluently easily as long as they have a good foundation. On last summer they were joined the summer camp in North Carolina, they can adopted it easily.

Can you imagine Brand one middle school in the state. Some of femal student is pregnancy in 12 years old. They can reach drugs starting from 12 years old.

Do you remember even the Virginia Tech has gun killing student on last year.

Pls note even in Hong Kong, Girls will not 100% follow their parent's instruction starting from P5 to P6. If you have son, it is much better, they do not like to stick with parents starting from F1 to F2. So pls enjoy your time with them, pls do not send them aboard without your parenting.

發表於 08-4-9 02:30 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 08-4-9 21:21 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 awah112 於 08-4-9 02:30 發表

iberia

細仔2星期大,真係好忙,好彩大仔已經習慣多咗個細佬,有時仲會同細佬玩。

你講得好啱,Drugs / Sex / Fighting 既問題的確要睇實d,特別係d 乖乖仔,太子爺,有錢又聽話,最容易比人帶壞。 ...

Hi Awah;

有無看過PM您的資料, I wish those parents can see the reality by their own eyes. Not just focus on English. 這世界不是有一口流利英便有通行証, 不要讓孩子感覺不到父母的愛, 上天要父母教好子女, 這樣美國的孩子便很容易找到一份好工作, 因他們都是說英文, 為何現實不是呢??????????????

發表於 08-5-25 10:53 |顯示全部帖子
I totally agree with Iberia, In fact, the education in Hong Kong is not too bad, At least we can learn reading and writting Chinese, English is easier then Chinese, It is no need to study aboard,  As my nephew, He immigrated to Austalia with his family when he was P.3,  Now he is 21 already, his English is very good but he can only write his name in Chinese. In fact, The student in Hong Kong is much clever then the other country, We can always get awards in Mathematics contest. The weak in Hong Kong student is less chance to see the real things. If really want to study aboard, I might think to send my son to Singapore.

原文章由 iberia 於 08-4-9 21:21 發表

Hi Awah;

有無看過PM您的資料, I wish those parents can see the reality by their own eyes. Not just focus on English. 這世界不是有一口流利英便有通行証, 不要讓孩子感覺不到父母的愛, 上天要父母教好子女, ...

發表於 08-6-13 15:37 |顯示全部帖子
成績係重要, 品行更更更重要

原文章由 iberia 於 08-4-9 21:21 發表

Hi Awah;

有無看過PM您的資料, I wish those parents can see the reality by their own eyes. Not just focus on English. 這世界不是有一口流利英便有通行証, 不要讓孩子感覺不到父母的愛, 上天要父母教好子女, ...

發表於 08-6-20 01:17 |顯示全部帖子
我小朋友仲細,但我已經好似要唸定佢地ge出路. 去外國讀書係好好ge鍛鍊,但係未過中五我都唔會放佢地走!

發表於 08-6-24 18:06 |顯示全部帖子
過左high school先,一定要讀完中五先好去,去外國係一件好事,因為我自己都係咁,不過我係讀完中四之後去加拿大,再去澳洲,如果中過中五唔係咁好,因為你地既小朋友未定,不過去過返黎個人都唔同因為見識多,人都唔同!不過記住唔好太細去,因為會有反效果的!

發表於 08-7-8 07:41 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 nottmum 於 08-3-28 01:41 發表

同意,所以我同埋阿仔過黎...^^

發表於 08-7-11 14:45 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 BUNNYLEE 於 08-7-8 07:41 發表

其實英文不是要尖子才可出國,但在文科上的成績較難取好成績,然而一般中國人也是對理科或商科有興趣,故正常英文的程度己足夠。

反而是融入社會的問題較重要。越早出國留學,未來長居國外的機會較大(當然不包括那些每逢大假必然返港的一群),且其英語表達能力亦較好,能留於國外工作亦有較大機會。

反過來,你有否考慮到這麼長遠的問題?

發表於 08-7-12 13:55 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 08-7-21 12:03 |顯示全部帖子
I have been thinking about this problem for a long time. So how to balance it?

發表於 08-7-21 19:15 |顯示全部帖子

到底幾多歲俾小朋友出國留學先適合?

Dear all,

The most suitable age for going oversea?  It should be read as case by case; including financial issue, family issue, study life, personal characters and self-decision.

Don't force the kids!

His/her own will is the most important issue.  It will be a big change- may be good or may be bad; never ending story & arguable on different cases.

YauMum

發表於 08-8-5 01:10 |顯示全部帖子
I agree with YauMum.  It really depends on individual child.  Until you feel he/she is well prepared for such great change, independent to take care of themselves and their learning, mature enough to fend off temptation, then it's time to let them go.  I personally think the right time is at least after F.3  when they have a basic knowledge of Chinese Language and PTH.  Meanwhile prepare them well in an English learning environment, otherwise it would be a nightmare in the first year (esp. in boarding schools) for the kid.

原文章由 YauMum 於 08-7-21 19:15 發表
Dear all,

The most suitable age for going oversea?  It should be read as case by case; including financial issue, family issue, study life, personal characters and self-decision.

Don't force the kid ...