密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anfield and Starters and YMCA Int'l
查看: 3486|回覆: 23
go

Anfield and Starters and YMCA Int'l [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-11-13 14:51 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I am struggling among Anfield, YMCA  Int'l and Starters.
What should I consider?
If you were me, which will you choose?
Thanks for your advice!
Wing-Wing mama
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-11-13 15:25 |只看該作者
I would pick the one closest to home.
原文章由 YYFUNG 於 07-11-13 14:51 硐表
I am struggling among Anfield, YMCA  Int'l and Starters.
What should I consider?
If you were me, which will you choose?
Thanks for your advice!
Wing-Wing mama

3#
發表於 07-11-13 23:31 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

4#
發表於 07-11-14 09:15 |只看該作者

回覆 #3 reneeleung 的文章

I live in Ho Man Tin, and Tin Shui Wai.
The point is not accessibility as we drive everyday.
My hesitation to determine is that I am worried about the failure to get into ESF primary.
I have heard that nowadays the interview of ESF primary will "trick" the candidates by "suddenly" saying Chinese/ Cantonese, and ESF primary would not accept those who pop up Chinese/ Cantonese words.
Thank you and hope you understand my "worries".

5#
發表於 07-11-14 11:49 |只看該作者
I am a very big fan of Anfield.  However, both of those are very good!  I think u should make an appointment with each school and talk to its principal to see which philosophy you prefer.

6#
發表於 07-11-14 17:10 |只看該作者

回覆 #5 Fattymom 的文章

I have visited Anfield on their open day on 10 November. It seems the principal, the staff (Elsa), the teachers are very friendly to both parents and children. I am being attracted indeed and want to put my girl to the playgroup, and k1+k2.
However, it seems they need to have "miscellaneous cost" at $5000 on top of 52000 annual school fee.
This sounds comparatively expensive than Starters, and YMCA.

Fattymom, Is it worthwhile based on your experience?

To all other mama, could you share your view on YMCA and Staraters also?

Many thanks.

7#
發表於 07-11-14 19:29 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 YYFUNG 的文章

My daughter is studying in Anfield pre-programme, i think the school is good, teachers are good and they teach the children not only the displine and aslo the communication skills. My daughter was afraid people before, but right now, she can sing in school, she can perform herself beyond teachers and quite outstanding in the class

8#
發表於 07-11-14 21:43 |只看該作者
From my point of view, it's worthy!!!!  If u are in this big family, I'm sure that u'll agree with me.  At least, Anfield is not a money-maker.  All teaching and non-teaching staff are caring and nice.  I pay $8,200 for the whole day class; however, I am willing to pay it.  Indeed, this school has given my son and I an unforgettable happy period.

原文章由 YYFUNG 於 07-11-14 17:10 硐表
I have visited Anfield on their open day on 10 November. It seems the principal, the staff (Elsa), the teachers are very friendly to both parents and children. I am being attracted indeed and want to  ...

9#
發表於 07-11-14 22:54 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 07-11-15 08:57 |只看該作者
My son is studying at the pre-programme at Anfield.  I like the school as well.

However, the school fee of kindergarten is quite expensive as compared to the average and not sure if it worths or not.

[ 本文章最後由 Cheerfulmama 於 07-11-15 10:56 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 07-11-15 09:02 |只看該作者

回覆 #9 vvnpo 的文章

Hi vvnpo, and others.

Apart from the tuition fee ($50000 - year 07/08 / $52000 - year 08/09)
IThere is a service fee at $5000 for a whole year - This is what I know from the brochure and the website.

http://www.anfield.com.hk/kinder/fees.shtml

Or here I extract from the contact of website:
Breakdown of service fees as follows:
Books $470
Art Materials  $1,680
Stationery $90
Student Accident Insurance $60
Snack $1,200
Field Trips $1,500
--------------------
Total $5,000
(Either one lump sum payment HK$5,000 or 10 monthly instalments of HK$500)

I admit the school has given me a positive and harmonious atmosphere.

Hi Fattymom, it sounds your child has already graduated. Am I getting it correct? If yes, which school is he going?

Hi CSmammy, You mention your daughter is in Prep-programme.
Are you going with her on weekdays? Or your maid or granny and grandpa?

Thank you for your advice.

12#
發表於 07-11-15 10:58 |只看該作者
原文章由 YYFUNG 於 07-11-15 09:02 硐表
Hi vvnpo, and others.

Apart from the tuition fee ($50000 - year 07/08 / $52000 - year 08/09)
IThere is a service fee at $5000 for a whole year - This is what I know from the brochure and the website. ...

Thanks for the details given by YYFUNG.

Since there are quite a no. of teachers with Indian accent in Anfield, do you have any concern about it?

13#
發表於 07-11-15 11:56 |只看該作者

回覆 #12 Cheerfulmama 的文章

Hi Cheerful mama.
I have no concern, and I really want my child to get used to different faces, different races. The accent can be polished up.
The priority in our mind now is having an environment for her immersing in English.

As you say, your little boy is studying there and you like it also.

It sounds Anfield is a good place for children to grow and learn.

Of course, I also need to consider money. It is why I really want to know more about Starters so that I can finally make up my mind.

Thank you for your understanding.

14#
發表於 07-11-15 13:45 |只看該作者
YYFUNG,

My son studies in K2 and is going to P1 next year.  But, happy time goes very fast.  I'm sure that my son and I will miss the school:cry:

15#
發表於 07-11-16 23:02 |只看該作者
YYFUNG,

When consider the kinder, I have the following suggestions:
1) the tranportation time (include the possible traffic jam) from your home to school, no matter you drive everyday or not, it is also an important issue need to condsider.

2) the relationship between the kinder and your target ESF. If your target ESF is KJS, it will be better Anfield or YMCA Inter as they are the kinder within the catchment zone of KJS.

3) If you don't care on wether the kinder provide Mandarine lesson or not, you could have one more chose. I can't remember the name of that kinder. It is near Baptist University, pure English, and only K1, K2. The fee is around 3,000 (lower than Starter). However, I don't know much on it (teacher-child ratio etc). I just heard it is also a good school.

16#
發表於 07-11-16 23:34 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

17#
發表於 07-11-19 14:47 |只看該作者

回覆 #15 sks 的文章

Thank you, sks and reneeleung.

I did post the application to KCBK for file since she's one year-old. I also heard from others this is a pure English school.

Choosing a kindergarten is really a very hard job.
I want to make up my mind as soon as possible because I want to have my daughter attend playgroup in the same school.
That means, if I choose Anfield, I will let her do the playgroup in Anfield when she's 18 months.
If I choose YMCA int'l, I will let her in Toddlers world.
Reason that I do not want there are a lot of location and schools switches.

Hope you understand my "concern", and really wish to learn from all of you about the "school-hunting" experience.

Thanks!
Maria

18#
發表於 07-11-19 16:43 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

19#
發表於 07-11-19 17:20 |只看該作者

回覆 #18 cheque 的文章

Dear cheque.
My daughter is born in June 2006. She will be eligible for K1 in 2009. I am looking for both playgroup and kindergarten that are English-focus.

I have not been to KCBK and its open day. After I sent the application for file last year, they mailed me a note saying we will be "notified" to visit the school in January 2009. They advise us not to ring th eschool to ask status, but wait for their notification. It is fine for us.

I have gone to the open day of Anfield on 10th, and will plan to visit Kingston's open day on 24th.

I may do a school visit to Starters on January 2008 (the school suggests me doing so), while YMCA Int'l has just told me the application can only be sent after August 2008. Yes, 2008!

You may find me "visiting too many schools". Yes, I know but what can I do?
Sometimes too many choices make ones undetermined. : )

In fact my top priority for my little girl is:
English  and no home-work plus fun.

Thank for all of your understanding and want to learn from all of your experience.
Maria

20#
發表於 07-11-20 13:15 |只看該作者
YYFUNG,

My daughter is now studying at Anfield, and have studied playgroup there before joining K1.

Up to now, I am satisfied with it. I have share my experience at the subject named "Anfield International Kindergarten", You could have a look there.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題