教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有冇小朋友讀緊英基Abacus幼稚園?
樓主: bbirene
go

有冇小朋友讀緊英基Abacus幼稚園? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 07-11-26 22:26 |只看該作者
原文章由 sherry'smum 於 07-11-12 23:35 硐表
hi limma
我囡囡都係讀緊abacus k2 dragon class(a.m) 咁你小朋友呢?  

Hi! Sherry's mum and Limma,

My son is also studying in Abacus Dragon PM. My son loves Abacus too.

22#
發表於 07-11-27 21:52 |只看該作者
Hi Sherry's mum,

Thank you very much for your information. I  will try the lucky draw next year.  

原文章由 sherry'smum 於 07-11-18 21:37 硐表
Hi Bbirene,

Sorry I replied late! My daughter is quite happy in Abacus but truly there is not much to learn. You do not start to write letters until you get to primary 1. It is up to you if it is rea ...

23#
發表於 07-11-28 15:45 |只看該作者
hi, may I know all your kids who is studying in abacus, they learnt alphabet fm K1? such as A for apple... color, shapes?
And any comment for New song in foral villa? cuz its class for all diff. age of kids, it doens't hv classroom for certain age of kids, they also learn fm play, but they don't learn alphabet, most of time just play, and the staff there told me their student  go to CWB as well.. the chance is higher than abacus, I don't know if it's true, any comment? and school fee there is $2xxx, it's half price of abacus, the most what I cocern is kids can learn sth. there? 1st, diff. age of kids learn together, just sometimes seperate 2 diff group to learn diff. topic, but it's seldom to do it, it means most of time they're all togethere, Staff told me younger kids can learn very fast fm elder kids, and elder kids can be more reponsiblity. So, if my kid later be one of elder kids, then he may not learn new things there... so strange....
anyone tell me abacus and new song, which one is good?
thks!

24#
發表於 07-12-6 14:12 |只看該作者
Hi Sherry mum,

Do you find Abacus' teachers are not caring enough in the class, I mean there is not much interaction between teachers and kids, the teachers let the kids do what ever they want, it seems to me that there is no structure in their teaching method. The teachers do not greet the kids when they arrive school, no instruction for the kids where they put their belongings (where their cubby are, etc. ) The class teacher can go off for a cup of coffee during the class . My kid just started a few days and I have some conern how they teach kids the manners / discipline if the teachers do not set as an example to the kids at school.

Any BK mom who can share your experience and comment on the down side of putting your kid in ESF kinder?

25#
發表於 07-12-6 14:21 |只看該作者
mattbotsmama, hi, may I know if it's true children are very free in this school, as u said, they do whatever they want, no discipline and rule at all?? in fact, I want my kid study in CWB school or RC, so that's y I choose abacus, otherwise, I may not choose this school, cuz the school fee is not cheap and also, kids only play all time, I really worry what they can learn fm there(actually, some bk mom told me kids can learn fm play, but.. still worry lei), by the way, may I know if they provide u handbook or sth. notice that tell u what your kid learn fm class per week? thks!!!

26#
發表於 07-12-6 14:39 |只看該作者
HI BBIX,

Nice to meet you. No rules at all!, my son used to go to local nusery, K1, the teachers will teach them to greet, queue up for your turn to play the toys. It was a bit  well organised and I am not sure if it is good for the older kids over 3 year old who should learn independent skills. Abacus is good at letting your kids to explore and find out their own capacity and limitation through playing, on academic perspective, there is nothing you can get from this kinder.   No progress report will be provided. The diary is just for sending parents notice / newsletter / annoucement, etc.

27#
發表於 07-12-6 14:42 |只看該作者
thks a lot, so do u regret to send your kid there? I 'm afraid I 'm going to regret, but on the other hands, I really want he can go to CWB or RC later on, are u aim at CWB after kinder?

28#
發表於 07-12-6 14:52 |只看該作者
BBIX,

Why you are so keen on CWB School?

Any BK mom can comment on this school?

29#
發表於 07-12-6 15:06 |只看該作者
原文章由 BBIX 於 07-11-28 15:45 發表
hi, may I know all your kids who is studying in abacus, they learnt alphabet fm K1? such as A for apple... color, shapes?
And any comment for New song in foral villa? cuz its class for all diff. age  ...

Hi! BBIX,

As my son is also studying in Abacus, so please don't put so much expectations at the school for learning, as long as I know, they are playing for almost three hours, maybe they would be sitting down during the circle time only for around 20 minutes, but most important is that they have the priority in interview when they are ready to P1.  That is what you want, right? If yes, then choose Abacus.

My son did Paint and Play last summer in New Song Kind, I think it is similar to Abacus, and the teachers are very nice, the students in New Song are mostly westerns too.

30#
發表於 07-12-6 15:43 |只看該作者
minga pooh, thks for your sharing, so if u were me, u will choose abacus or new songs? and both of them's teaching method are the same?? but new song is mix diff age of kids in the same class, so I 'm not sure if it's good or not? the other thing is new song is half price cheaper than abacus. and also, teacher there told me their student go to CWB more than abacus did....
Moreover, hv u heard about RC? cuz RC is my 2nd choice, and do u think kids studying in local kinder(int' class) also hv chance to get into RC??
thks

Mattbotsmama, why I want he enter CWB becuz we live in Sai kung.. no other reason, and the school fee is reasonable I think... but my 2nd choice is RC, what about you??
thks!

31#
發表於 07-12-6 19:28 |只看該作者
原文章由 BBIX 於 07-12-6 15:43 發表
minga pooh, thks for your sharing, so if u were me, u will choose abacus or new songs? and both of them's teaching method are the same?? but new song is mix diff age of kids in the same class, so I 'm ...

Hi! BBIX,

As we are Chinese and Cantonese is our frist language, I think the most important for me is to have the priority in interview first, as some of my friends couldn't even get the chance to interview in ESF, so it depends on your first language, if your first language is cantonese and you are Chinese, I am not sure that there is a chance for you to get into the interview if you chose New Song honestly. Or you may try to ask New Song for about it. And I don't think CWB would have more students from New Song rather than Abacus.

If you are western and New Song is nearer to you than Abacus, then it should be perfect for you. I also have a little girl who is only 21months now, I am also thinking to choose New Song for her, but mostly I will still choose Abacus eventhough they don't learn a lot from the school and the school fee is much higher, why? as I said in the beginning, however, I already applied New Song for her just in case she can't get into Abacus.

32#
發表於 07-12-6 22:10 |只看該作者
mingapooh, hi, thks for your reply, and yeah, forgot to tell u, my son who is mix, so I 'm just wondering if there is still chance to CWB even if he study in new song... what do u think?

33#
發表於 07-12-6 23:30 |只看該作者
原文章由 BBIX 於 07-12-6 22:10 發表
mingapooh, hi, thks for your reply, and yeah, forgot to tell u, my son who is mix, so I 'm just wondering if there is still chance to CWB even if he study in new song... what do u think?

Hi! It is a hard dicision, right? I am not sure that, but I think your chance would be much higher than our Chinese, you better check with New Song to see the rate of the students that going into CWB, as long as I know CWB is over-subcribed this year.

How old is your child?

34#
發表於 07-12-7 00:10 |只看該作者
2.5 yrs old, what about yours?

35#
發表於 07-12-7 22:02 |只看該作者
原文章由 BBIX 於 07-12-7 00:10 發表
2.5 yrs old, what about yours?

I have a boy 4.5yrs and a girl 21months.

36#
發表於 08-2-22 14:12 |只看該作者
Thank you, kcpapa.

One more question, do you know by when we will know whether the application is successful? As you know, most of the schools request for deposits which equals to 2 months school fees.  KCIS requests 2 months deposit if my son's application is successful. What about ESF?  Any idea?

Many thanks and cheers!

37#
發表於 08-2-22 15:17 |只看該作者
Hi sherry'smum,

My son currently under taking the playgroup in CheKingTuk hkppa. They are free style playing most of the time. Then sit for the story and singing for about 15 mins.
So, if Abacus more or less following the same teaching methodologies? or got something more than that?

原文章由 sherry'smum 於 07-11-18 21:57 發表
There is actually no interviewe in Abacus, it is first come first serve, foreigner people have a priority . So I suggest you to search when you can get the Abacus entry, therefore you know when exactl ...

38#
發表於 08-2-23 12:18 |只看該作者

esf abacus

Hi,
may I know if the teachers don't greet the kids, esp in the very beginning, then, how the kids can tune in the new environment and make friends? They are only 3 years old and don't know each other.

I would also want to know if the school doesn't teach anything during these 2 years, then , how the child can perform well when they promote to p1?coz I know that most of the abacus kids go to esf P1.

By the way, I would like to know sth about cwb primary esf school, for example, teaching method, standard or the teachers attitude etc.

Any one  can share your opinion ?

Thank you very much

39#
發表於 08-2-23 22:02 |只看該作者
It's first come first serve
原文章由 bbirene 於 07-11-15 17:03 發表
Hi sherry' mum,

Can u share more about the school life in abacus?  Do u think it's worth to study there?  Thanks a lot.

40#
發表於 08-2-23 22:37 |只看該作者
原文章由 karlarskye 於 08-2-23 22:02 發表
It's first come first serve

You mean when they go V V
‹ 上一主題|下一主題